It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill to Make the Fine $0 for Violating the Individual Mandate Passes by 90 Votes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

ketsuko
The thing about this is that it may for the best if it does die in the Senate.

As soon as someone suffers harm under this bill as a tax, they have standing to sue the ACA again because it's not a proper tax bill. It didn't originate in the House of Representatives where all such revenue bills need to. It was, instead, a Senate bill they cut and pasted into a House shell to make it "technically" a House bill, but there was nothing of the original House framework or language left in it.

So, it theoretically go back to SCOTUS again under a new challenge that it's not a legal tax because the Senate does not constitutionally have the power to tax, and this is their bill, not the House's.

Ehhh. Doesn't matter. It's obvious the SCOTUS has been compromised (along with everything else). Undoubtedly this took place MANY years/decades ago. It would probably be nearly impossible to expose the exact moment when the corruption in this government went systemic but really, it's of no use trying because all governments are (by their nature) doomed to corruption, sooner or later (assuming they didn't start out that way).

Obamacare has survived a MUCH tougher challenge than this. This court is a rubber stamp.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

He just makes this crap up as he goes along.

He's the first American King by self declaration, without the title.

In a REAL sense..I think Obama has figured out something at a true, meaningful level that we're now in deep trouble for. He figured out he can do *ANYTHING*....anything at all. No one in the Oval Office is going to physically arm block him and talk sense into him. No one is going to tell him 'No'. The bitch of this is...under the American system, everything he does, passes and decrees *IS* legal until or unless a court or legislative body says otherwise.

In REAL terms tho? What he decrees will be enforced unless otherwise directed, I fear.

Great post here!

I agree completely. But really, this was pretty clear by about 2003. 9/11 was the public turning point as near as I can tell. Whatever was going on behind the scenes came out of the shadows immediately after 9/11 and nothing has changed since. As soon as Bush and his people started ruling by decree, any pretense of checks and balances went out the window for good. There's no turning back after that.

By the time Bush left, the stage was set for every future president to do anything without having to worry about being stopped by the courts or anyone else. My guess is that the same people who controlled Bush are now controlling Obama. I don't see any reason why they would have left anything to chance by allowing someone they don't control in office.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As far as I can tell from all this talk, the ACA obviously was written to benefit the insurance companies and the big business people that are in charge of hospitals. Why not just pass a clean law that the insurance companies can't deny coverage to pre-existing conditions. Why add a bunch of mandates on the people of the USA...unless the insurance companies held Obama and Congress hostage by saying they wouldn't follow a law that forbid denying coverage unless ALL AMERICANS buy their product by MANDATE. Instead it is written to bully the American people into purchasing the already overpriced insurance policies that were out there before ACA.

Basically, not only do the banks own the USA, but the healthcare industry does too....asw well as the insurance companies that bank the funds to the healthcare monarchy we have set up here. Hospitals would rather get 80% of the bills paid via insurance than have 0% paid by people without insurance....

Sounds to me that BANKS, INSURANCE COMPANIES, UTILITIES, OIL AND FEDERAL RESERVE run this country and try to make ALL our presidents look like bad guys so that they can get THEIR INTERESTS protected by LAWS.

MAKES ME MAD THAT WE ARE NOW CORPORATOCRACY.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Kissyface
As far as I can tell from all this talk, the ACA obviously was written to benefit the insurance companies and the big business people that are in charge of hospitals.

The really crazy part is that most of the people who fight tooth and nail to defend Obamacare on forums and so forth are EXACTLY the same people who are always whining about corporations and capitalism. I never understood it. It's backwards. If they're so down on big business and corporations, why the hell would they be in favor of this? Sure. The government pays in some cases but the red tape you have to swim though in order to do that is insane.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

juspassinthru

Besides, a police investigation has already proclaimed that Obama's public documentation is fake. The same investigation is ongoing and they have announced they will most likely be revealing what they have found later this month. They have promised earth-shattering revelations about our Fuhrer. Stay tuned ..... this could be the final straw .....

They've been saying that for years. Nothing will ever come of this. First and foremost, the liberal base doesn't care so it's not going anywhere, regardless of whether or not it's legitimate. And frankly, as much as I despise the man, I doubt that any of his documentation is fake. The bottom line is the left didn't need to promote someone with phony credentials. It wouldn't be worth the risk.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kissyface

No, this bill was written to destroy the insurance companies. They were bought off by promising them a guaranteed pool of customers, but what they didn't do was make sure all the accompanying regulations were written before the bill was passed, and the regulations are the real teeth of the law.

The regulations will kill them.

In short, they fell for it, and it will kill them by design.

However, they were supposed to be able to hang on for long enough that when they did utterly collapse, government was supposed to be able to come riding in like a white knight and "save" us all with single payer. They are too stupid to manage the collapse of an industry, and it's happening too quickly. Consequently, too many people still know whom to blame for this - the government.

So at this point, trying to introduce single payer is too problematic. No one wants it from the same people who have caused this mess, not even people who say they want single payer trust this bunch to implement it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join