It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse Meets with Top YouTubers to Inject Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A couple of days ago, I logged onto YouTube and saw that one of the channels I subscribe to had posted a new video called, 'I met the President'. This YouTuber named Nice Peter Too was someone that I had subscribed to because he is involved in making some fun music, and has a Monday show where he just talks about random topics. It was genuine and innocent ...I thought.

In his latest video, he boasts of meeting the president, and he goes on to say that he was brought to the Whitehouse with numerous other popular YouTube personalities (he shows a photo as proof) to meet and discuss how they can promote the Health Care Act. He goes on to say that they (the Whitehouse) didn't expect him to tell us (the viewer) what they told him to say about the Health Care Act, but he goes on to promote it and do just that!

This makes me sick. I knew that the news and even TV shows and movies were subject to propaganda and messages inserted by the govt, but now I've learned that seemingly innocent people with their own popular YouTube channels out of their bedrooms are also spewing propaganda.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Mikey923 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2014 by Mikey923 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Not that far off I see a YouTube with no ad skip, no comments section and all main stream content generated by the owners of the main stream…

enjoy what little we lave left.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Intimidation 101. Have the channel owners believe that they are people of influence and with the WH freebee, they apply Corruption 101.
edit on 6-3-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's always amazed me when most 'awake' people talk about 'the msm' how so many exclude the very medium on which they are expressing that anti-msm frustration.

The fact is, the internet is almost the perfect tool for the spread of misinformation and propaganda and this turn of events was always inevitable. That should be obvious to all, but some still don't grasp exactly how pop-culturally dictated the net can be.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey923

Well...he pretty much controls facebook content...it was inevitable youtoob was in the works for the same...

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”

“Think of the YouTube as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”

Guess the White House has been reading Goebbels.

thinkexist.com...

Lot of those quotes have been seen in action over the last 6 years.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Maybe he's excited because he got out of his basement?
Obama smelled Amazing, his eyes were amazing, incredible, woo-woo!
Not much of a sucker for celebrity is he?
The envelope with 10 grand in cash didn't hurt his opinion either I'm sure.

Am I cynical of Barack Hussein Barry Soetoro Obama?
Nah......

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Better to be a cynic than have a bad case of idolatry.

Idolatry is the cancer that is killing this nations soul.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What a #ing joke. Thanks for posting. I posted on Mr. Peter Too's page letting him know MY feelings, at least. And I hope the WH is watching those YT posts and replies.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sounds like the guy got the presidents speech writer, to give him a script, listen to how many damn times he says proud, or amazing, like he's trying to subliminally inject you with good things equals health care.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just to play Devil's Advocate, couldn't these be his legitimate thoughts? Odds are he has ObamaCare. If he has one of the top channels then his job is producing content for his channel. That doesn't come with any benefits like insurance so ObamaCare is probably his best option.

If this meeting's purpose was to use YouTube as a means to push propaganda why don't I see similar videos on other top channels? I haven't seen people PewDiePie, TotalBiscuit, or Jesse Cox do anything similar. And let's be fair if they offered Jesse money to make a video he'd do it.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you that those might be his true opinions on the matter, but the real issue I have is not whether the HCA is good or bad, but the fact that the WH is flying in all these YouTubers from around the country to influence them to push their message.

I'm not sure if I recognized any other YouTubers in that photo, but I may have seen VSause. I subscribe to him (great channel), but he hasn't released a video since this meeting. I guess we'll just wait and see.

If anyone else knows of any other YouTubers who were at this meeting, let us know, or post a video of theirs which may talk about this meeting or ObamaCare/HCA.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Not surprising he went ahead with it. He looks pretty vapid.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure I'd call this propaganda, though it is a clever ploy by
Obama to garner support from some of the louder voices in the public-at-large
media by dangling his celebrity and influence in front of their noses.

As of this moment, IMHO, Google Search has the greatest ability to sway
public opinion, and is therefore the best tool to disseminate propaganda.

Google has a monopoly on internet search. It is a simple matter to promote
to the "first page" those websites and opinions you want to promote, and
likewise, to stifle websites and opinions you want repressed.

Our society is growing a shorter and shorter attention span, and one
cannot be bothered with anything but the front page of a Google search.

When's the last time you went to "page two" of a Google search...?

top topics

join