It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issa says committee could consider holding Lerner in contempt next week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa told Fox News Wednesday his House committee could move as early as next week to consider holding former IRS official Lois Lerner in contempt.

I really do hope that they do hold her in contempt. I would love to see that hag in jail.

If I had my way I would see to it that they water boarded her till she squealed like the pig she is

Whats your take?

link
edit on 5-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: forgot link

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I got a laugh from this meat-head....

"I am a member of the Congress of the United States. I am tired of this," Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md, shouted into a turned-off microphone.

The meeting was already adjourned and he was shouting like a maniac !!! |
|

And I think this Lois Lerner taking the 5th for the 2nd time already is proof positive that the is a little more than "A Smidgeon" of corruption involved. I'd say there's a large splat of a smidgeon (from a pigeon).

Obviously it's way beyond speculation now.

And I think the "Threats" against her are all fabricated and phony.

People don't just take the 5th because they're scared.

They take the 5th because they are guilty.

Obama could roast for this.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

I'm glad the USA has the Bill of rights so I guess I do not mind when someone invokes their rights. I would hate if the USA started torturing people for confessions when they try and assert their Constitutional Rights...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Wouldn't that be something . I would love to pour a little gasoline on the fire.

This is what john boner had to say.

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said of her refusal, “at some point Lerner must testify” or be held in contempt

IMO. This should have been dealt with long ago. You would think that the American people would want honesty and integrity from our leaders. The sad reality is most people couldn't give a crap.

I think what Obama meant by hope and change was corruption and taxes.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

It is one thing to stand on the fifth. I can respect that.

The one thing you cant do is proclaim your innocence then take the fifth. If you testify at all then you have to testify to all.

Besides he already agreed to testify if they gave her immunity. What does she need immunity from? She gave testimony to her innocence. Is she guilty of perjury?

You stand in defense of a government who is slowly striping you of your rights. Mean while you defend the right of that same government. I supposed that makes you the better man.(sarcasm) The government should be held to higher standards. If you work for the people you should have to answer to the people. After all we are their bosses. I have to answer to my boss or face the consequences.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

edit on 6-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Diisenchanted
You stand in defense of a government who is slowly striping you of your rights. Mean while you defend the right of that same government. I supposed that makes you the better man.(sarcasm)

I think the USA should abide by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, I am not sure how you inferred that is defending or attacking the government. I feel the USA should not selectively apply the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Oops
edit on 632014 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Here let me help you under stand what I'm trying to say.

Testifying in a Legal Proceeding At trial, the Fifth Amendment gives a criminal defendant the right not to testify. This means that the prosecutor, the judge, and even the defendant’s own lawyer cannot force the defendant to take the witness stand against his or her will. However, a defendant who does choose to testify cannot choose to answer some questions but not others. Once the defendant takes the witness stand, this particular Fifth Amendment right is considered waived throughout the trial - See more at: criminal.findlaw.com...

link

She already testified she cannot now refuse to testify!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Go back and watch the tapes of the hearing. What is important is the questions asked, he only asked them because he already has the answers to those questions. Go back and watch her facial expression when asked the first question, she had that look of "oh crap" written on her face.

Most likely Issa is going to cut a deal, she is not going to get off the hook for her roll in this but she will get less time that she should in exchange for the really big fish, in the White House, and I'm not taking directly taking about the President of the United States either (he'll will get caught in the cover up just like President Nixon) its the Queen Bitch (source of all evil) of the White House here self, Valerie Jarrett (the true wizard behind the curtain).

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBRiddle

there shouldnt be any deals.this whole admin is covering some very big scandals. it is beyond obvious that this whole system is on the verge of collapse,aal it will take is for one person to fold.let's just hope that when they do,they live to testify

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by herrly5

Got that right. Lets just hope it is sooner than later.

Will hate to see the damage this administration can do with another two years. You can almost feel it coming.

Edit to add

By the way welcome to ATS.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They take the 5th because they are guilty.

Obama could roast for this.

The more I've had time to watch this unfold and the more I've really thought about it...the more certain I've become that Obama never knew a thing about this. I think it's a long line of that and seriously, stop and think for a moment. What do all of these different scandals have in common? I mean, just about all of them? It's little to no control from the top down, and little to no fear that it would come. It's a dereliction of duty, in technical terms. In real terms, I think Obama has basically told his Cabinet officials to "go out and do that stuff you're department is supposed to be doing" so he's free to spend a fair part if not all of almost ....ALMOST...every day out stump speaking for causes, funding, political support or just taking another vacation.

Quite literally, when would the man have the TIME...and again, I really mean this, just the TIME..to oversee or learn about most of these things to a level he could decide?

If what I've come to suspect is true about a lack of control and accountability ...and a system that's aware of that? It's not better for anyone, red or blue. It's bad all around because it means when Obama leaves, those who made these things happen will remain as career people....not elected in and out on cycles.

We need the investigations to run to their conclusions for the middle management that really caused this stuff, IMO.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I couldn't agree with you more except that you have forgotten his alter ego.

Valerie Jarrett has nothing but time. She is the brain he is the mouthpiece. The man behind the man so to speak.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Yeah.. Agreed.

There aren't many names I'm careful and thoughtful about using or writing about. That's one on the very short list.

Some certainly defy easy categorizing for just what they do in the White House and what extent their influence or outright decision making on policy runs.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I don't know if you guys have seen it yet,but this "global spring" movement just went mainstream. they have major rappers/rockstars doing a video,calling for action,teamed up with anonymous, ( yeah,i know,it is most likely the feds). they just released a bunch of new videos. i cant upload yet because this is only my second post lol. but anyway,this is going to all come to a head very soon. SHTF . might want to look them up on youtube.eminem,ice cube and korn colab
i hate to say it,but lets get the party started

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by herrly5

Revolution isn't the way, if that's the direction you mean... The people most loudly supporting the idea of bringing down the Government are people I would really want to find and see face to face 6-9 months after they got their wish, if the US went that way.

Not to do them any harm (They'd likely need help)....but to see just how much serious harm they'd already come to in the absence of a hundred small things tied to "the government" functioning properly that we don't think much about, but may be without for a long, long time following a general collapse.

If we aren't going to change the system from within the system (which is what I'm working at doing, personally) then collapse is the only other endgame that is realistic in America. If you get some time, google up "Continuity of Government". I first heard that term as a teen in the late 80's, checking out UFO stories and such. Uncle Sammy has been continuously spending a respectable amount for the express purpose of countering any imaginable way the Government could be interrupted for 30+ years, at least. Most likely for decades longer, really.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

i honestly dont want a revolution. something needs to wake the people.we have no rights,and our elects can do as they please,and plead the 5th.executive order ,and force us to do whatever they want. people wont revolt, it is unfortunate , but i am afraid its going to take the closeing of the corner liq or something rediculous to do it

top topics

join