It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Threatens Governors - I do not trust you!

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Texas Governor Rick Perry presented a chilling summary of Obama's meeting with a group of governors at the White House on Monday.

Governer Perry addresses an issue, in the video below for both republicans and democrats alike. This has to do with the possible reduction of the National Guard.

Texas Governor Rick Perry presented a chilling summary of Obama's meeting with a group of governors at the White House on Monday.

Perry says Obama made it clear that he doesn't trust governors to make decisions about their respective states on a variety of issues.

Perry said, "I don't mind telling you I was a bit troubled today by the tone of the president. When you have governors, and we all compete against each other -- we are the laboratories of innovation -- and for the President of the United States to look Democrat and Republican governors in the eye and say, 'I do not trust you to make decisions in your state about issues of education, about transportation infrastructure,'...that is really troubling."

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
When state Govenors get together to bring this kind of information up, you know something is wrong...

Was it me or did he look very nervous? I was starting to wornder if he was hinting at the local guard being taken out. What better way to assure domination over the people if they don't have their local guard protecting them? We question soldiers from other states and other countries ok with following orders when it doesn't pertain to their own people, and all we have is the guard that more than likely will stand up with their people.. but if you take them out of the picture... hmmm?

This is eerie to say the least. So much can be read into this.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

We are seeing a gradual reduction in obfuscation and distraction and a marked increase in overt totalitarian policy.

Mind you, we must assume the best of intentions lest we misattribute malice where mere stupidity is to blame.

Obama today said that "increasing wages increases productivity". A plain and simple lack of understanding is revealed in this naive notion and it came out of the mouth (and presumably brain) of our president. No, increasing productivity increases wages.

In case you question the illogic of this claim consider this similar statement, "increasing teenagers curfews increases their good behavior". No, teenagers good behavior increases curfews.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Shocking by even Obama's "standards"...
There is more and more reason to support Tea Party platform this November with every once of your energy!
This will not stand!!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
At this rate, it's just a matter of what gives first because there will be a straw that breaks the camel's back, and when that spine goes, it's going to be an ugly thing.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow, that was shocking, to say the least. Obama is not even trying to hide it anymore.

If Perry wanted to, he could privatize his guard. I know he knows this. But, he shouldn't have to.

What I noticed first and foremost, it wasn't just Republicans he threatened, it was Democrats, too. And you know what? Perry defended them, too. I really liked a lot of what he had to say in the past, not everything, but I like this.

And yes, he looked scared. Well, not so much scared as perhaps taken aback at the audacity of Obama.

He is showing his true colors, the veil is dropping, and those of us that saw it all along had tried to warn.

People can now see it with their own eyes. If, and that's a big if for some, they allow themselves to drop the defensiveness.

Many Dems have. Few leftist extremists or progressives have. For them, Obama is still not doing enough. And that, friends, has to be the most frightening prospect of all.

Watch the video. Many things he states are really shocking and surprising. I know I should not be shocked or surprised, but I just can't get past the fact this is our *president*, not some politician. This is our PRESIDENT.

edit on 5-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Well, there are likely some Democrat governors that only hold their positions because they're closer to what Democrats used to be in JFK's day than what Democrats are today. I think Nixon is trying awfully hard to thread the needle between the two here in Missouri, but he fails more than he succeeds.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The looks on their faces are of fear and concern. Quite clear.

And not too surprising to hear that Obama is actually threatening elected officials for not agreeing with his will. Seems to me that a lot of Dictators throughout history have uttered the same with Dire consequences if anyone spoke out against their oppressor.

When will this threat be removed from the throne? It's gone way past what I believed the US people would tolerate.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Let's just say for the sake of argument that he does limit the power of governors in each state or all of them. Do you really believe that in the even if a republican got into office that he or she would restore those rights? I think not...I swear this is all theatrics and we are the punch line of this big joke called the Democratic and Republican Party...
edit on 5-3-2014 by chrismarco because: dummy that cannot spell

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I would suggest that if the governors don't fight these restrictions, they're asking for trouble, and I think every smart governor out there knows it. At least when it comes to education, I'm thinking Obama is referring to Common Core, and those states that are rebelling are doing so in response to public outcry.

And I have a hard time thinking that for at least some of these state, their governors will go along quietly. If Obama is looking to provoke, he's found a hornet's nest. Middle America doesn't want to be meddled with anymore, and much like the threats of gun confiscation, this could get ugly.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

It's only going to get ugly if the media decides to run with this...that's both sides...if Fox just points it out it will come across as typical right wing ranting...it has to come from all sides..

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by ketsuko

It's only going to get ugly if the media decides to run with this...that's both sides...if Fox just points it out it will come across as typical right wing ranting...it has to come from all sides..

You know the answer to this. The media won't say boo about this and if that's a big if they do report on it, it'll be glossed over very quickly, but sadly they've already been bought and paid for and won't do anything to upset their master.

new topics

top topics

join