It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faxing life from Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This sounds interesting, and it could lead to the implementation of teleportation. Of course several more advancements would have to be made prior to teleporting life-forms but interesting, nonetheless.

"If scientists do find life on Mars, it may be possible to beam Martian DNA back to Earth, according to a new idea growing in popularity. If Martian bugs are found, the idea of "faxing" life from Mars is an enticing prospect, spurred on by scientist, Craig Venter, famous for his early sequencing of the human genome. Venter proposes that researchers analyze Martian DNA on the Red Planet and then radio back that sequence to synthesize the DNA on Earth. He put forth the notion in a book published last year called "Life at the Speed of Light: From the Double Helix to the Dawn of the Digital Age." [The Search for Life on Mars (A Photo Timeline)]

Is this guy on to something or maybe just crazy? I don't know.......What say you, ATS?

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Venter proposes that researchers analyze Martian DNA on the Red Planet and then radio back that sequence to synthesize the DNA on Earth.

I don't see how radio-sent information (something over a century old) has anything to to with the teleportation you mention.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's not really teleportation, because you're creating a genetic copy of the original.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think your on too something,, we could use 3D printers to send stuff back & forth from Mars

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hoaxster
I think your on too something,, we could use 3D printers to send stuff back & forth from Mars

This seem more likely.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Assuming, of course, that Martian life is based on DNA, or something like it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't get the teleporting connection. It's almost like saying a webcam will lead to teleporting into people's houses.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Hoaxster

Unless you want a plastic rock shaped item that takes hours to print then 3d printers are useless.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This reminds me of an episode of the Outer Limits some years ago titled Think Like a Dinosaur:

www.imdb.com...

join