It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Any of you familiar with this idea? Basically the idea is that there used to be an advanced civilization, that was destroyed by the ice age approximately 12,000 years ago. The idea here is that what we consider to be the earliest civilizations, 9-12,000 years ago, were actually created based on memory by some of the survivors of the earlier civilization. So the mayans, egyptians, etc. One piece of evidence for this is that, apparently, if you look at 'ancient' egypt's progression through the kingdom's over time, their architecture, sciences, linguistics, etc, all degraded. So if these civilizations were actually just created, you would expect them to steadily improve over time, but that is apparently not the case. It suggests that they were remembering the knowledge from the previous civilization, and over time simply forgot.

Another piece of evidence is the erosion of the egyptian sphinx. Now, apparently, erosion from dust and the like look fundamentally different from water erosion. And, apparently, there is obvious evidence of significant water erosion on the sphinx. Now, the last period in which there could have possibly been the amount, and duration, of water needed to erode the sphinx, would have been the ice age, appx. 12,000 years ago. Now, if it is water erosion, it would have taken a long time. And all it means is that it must have existed AT LEAST 12,000 years ago, without saying anything about when it could have been built.

This idea is just fascinating to me. To think about the idea that we could have actually been very advanced in the past, perhaps more advanced, perhaps advanced in a different way. So again, the idea is that this civilization was destroyed, and some of the survivors built what we consider to be the first civilizations. This idea fits in very nicely with theosophy, a major part of western esotericism. Although in theosophy, this would be just one of many rises and falls of civilization. Theosophy says it is only the most recent lost civilization. What do you all think of this idea?
edit on 4-3-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

You might be interested in Graham Hancock's Ideas of a Lost Advanced Andiluvian Civilization he keeps writing about . Here's a Link to his Website......

www.grahamhancock.com...

Heres Another interesting Site with a Theoretical Time Line of Human History..

forgottenorigin.com...
edit on 4-3-2014 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

You might be interested in Graham Hancock's Ideas of a Lost Advanced Andiluvian Civilization he keeps writing about . Here's a Link to his Website......

www.grahamhancock.com...

Heres Another interesting Site with a Theoretical Time Line of Human History..

forgottenorigin.com...
edit on 4-3-2014 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Yes, I'm a big Graham Hancock fan. He's probably been the main one who has really peaked by interest in the topic. Although the theosophic idea that human civilization goes back millions of years, and has risen and been destroyed multiple times, is also fascinating.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I don't know about a " Million Years " , but some Type of Civilization might have come into being at Least 200,000 Years Ago although you would be hard pressed to hear any Archeologist Admit that even when Confronted with some Compelling Evidence Supporting it .

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit

I don't know about a " Million Years " , but some Type of Civilization might have come into being at Least 200,000 Years Ago although you would be hard pressed to hear any Archeologist Admit that even when Confronted with some Compelling Evidence Supporting it .

Yea, the timeframe of theosophy can be a bit difficult to grasp and/or accept fully in some ways. But their their timeframe is also part of a whole larger scheme which completely reframe how reality works and evolves through time, different levels of 'spirit' or 'etheral.' Anyways, it's a whole very complex and nuanced thing. I've been doing some reading of the secret doctrine and considering the ideas of theosophy, and it has ties to this whole idea of a lost civilization, which was another individual line of interest. It is nonetheless extremely interesting to think about.
edit on 5-3-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

While I agree with much of what Hancock say's I think the civilisation'(s) of about 12,500 years ago or shortly prior during the more stable climactic maximum of the ice age were probably not that advanced, However I do believe a more advanced civilisation may have existed several time during the past 5 million year glaciation period and my gut feeling is that the standard anthropological model is wrong, dead wrong and that the Human race is actually far older than the four million year cut off or the 250000 year for cromagnon,

www.forbiddenhistory.info.../88

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.genesispark.com...

www.delusionresistance.org...

Of course there is more evidence for there theory than against it as that is how they are interpreting the evidence and it's implication, this is flavored by there preconceptions and the inherent acceptance of standardised theory in these fields and related field's of research but of course the alternative and much more scarce evidence is also interpreted by a mindset and a large fraternity whom have there own agenda so the reality may lie somewhere between or nowhere near either side but if standard scientific rules where applied the presence of a single modern type human skull out of place in time actually invalidates the out of africa and the 4 million year theorys entirely as it can not simply have popped into existence when humans were not supposed to exhist, this of course also posits the fundemental question if humans could and I mean could, be that old then why is civilisation taken and self righteously believed they the self congratulatory sceptics as a new phenomenon for as we know these people may have been just like us or maybe not but they would certainly have been capable of thought with a brain this large and even cooperation so a civilisation and culture become ever more likely and with that come's art, science and philosophy.

Which bring's us to this,
Of course finding evidence can be problematic and even a problem for they whom find it as they can often be branded as a fraud or lier even if they have made no money out of it and they whom trumpet it have there own agenda so there is no impartial side but what if?.
www.creationism.org...
www.6000years.org...
www.disclose.tv...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
commonworldinheritage.blogspot.co.uk...
So a civilisation in the distant past and even maybe an advanced one, well I for one would not rule it out and indeed believe personally that there was one which would make ours disharmonious and greed driven culture pale to insignicance but the worrying thing to ask is what happend to it and why do we all seem to seek for it as though we remember something we just cant quite recall.

top topics

join