It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good malware removers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My computer is infected badly with malware.

As soon as I get rid of it it seems to reapear.

I want it gone. any good anti malware programs?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

crazyewok
My computer is infected badly with malware.

As soon as I get rid of it it seems to reapear.

I want it gone. any good anti malware programs?

I use this one...

www.malwarebytes.org...

Download the free program

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Ive learned in the past there is a difference between "Virus"-"Malware"-"Worm"-"Trojan". Your attempts over and over imply its getting some out, but whats imbedded deep in your system may not fall under the generalization of "malware", and could be a simple replicating file.

PS I work emergency services for one of the Big Three auto makers in Michigan...and our IT guys use MALWAREBYTES (free version) for company computers. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've found that some tannerite & a good hunting rifle do wonders for eliminating nasty viruses on hard drives

Seriously though - the easiest way to handle a persistant bug is to reformat (provided you have the OS install disk/download available for use)

Just transfer the files you want to keep to a plug & play HD & wipe the computer (scan the back up HD before you put those files on your newly refreshed PC though...just to make sure you're not about to put it back on right after the reformat.
edit on 2-3-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

wont the bug crawl back through the speaker holes ? I think we need bugspray, rifle might do harm to the speakers.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
+1 on malwarebytes.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have had good results from Norton Power Eraser. It scans boot sector for embedded virus'.

security.symantec.com...

ETA - It's FREE
edit on 322014 by Rochester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ive never used anything on any of my computers with exception of downloading basic OS security updates.

I DO however reinstall my OS every other month or so.
I started this because I went to a solid state drive its a 256 gig (238usable space) for my main C drive
and if you fill them all the way up it basically freezes up the drive
but when it comes to space the other 5 drives pick up the slack

buying all that anti_crap gets expensive..why spend money on it when you don't need to?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

i only use malwarebytes when the shtf virus' happen...otherwise...go chromebook...you can do about 95% of what you normally would on a normal computer....they are cheap too..or cheaper...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Mamatus
+1 on malwarebytes.

+2 for Malwarebytes.

and Princess Leia Organa says: use the free version of Avast anti-virus.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
+3 for for Malwarebytes.
I agree with Princess Leia , use Avast anti-virus and schedule a boot time scan.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
More options,
Spybot Search & Destroy

SuperAntiSpyware

CCleaner

Kaspersky Anti-Virus

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Malwarebytes is pretty much the definitive solution but try running another as sometimes the results are surprising.

CCleaner is also one of my personal favorites.

edit on 2-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

My latest faves are:

RKill

TDSSKiller

AdwareRemoval Tool

JRT (Junkware Removal Tool)

and finally (but cautiously!) Combofix

... all from the Bleeping Computer website.

The note of caution is because sometimes malware "infects" (modifies) system files. If the anti-malware cannot remove the messed up bit from the files it will usually delete the files totally as a second-best option. In some cases, those system files are required to boot up, so removal of the messed up file will lead to an unbootable system. This is where a bit of knowledge and an OS Install disk (and keys) come in handy. If you don't have the exact install disk, the exact key for the disk and a bit of experience in recovering trashed PC's, then don't even attempt Combofix.

As a final assurance of all clear, scanning with MalwareBytes and SuperantiSpyware (free versions) is sometimes warranted (if you have the time, as they take a while).

I tend to use all these products, in the order listed, and so far have had great success. No one product is a magic bullet.

Also, after cleaning a system I like to install an AV product if the user hasn't had one. The Microsoft Security Essentials is free, pretty good and does not slow everything down too much. Another product (also free and pretty good) is the Panda Cloud Antivirus which is lighter on system resources than most others.

edit on 2/3/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
malwarebytes worked I purged the bastard

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

chr0naut

My latest faves are:

RKill

TDSSKiller

AdwareRemoval Tool

JRT (Junkware Removal Tool)

and finally (but cautiously!) Combofix

... all from the Bleeping Computer website.

I endorse this list also

Make sure you run them in the order presented in chr0naut's list

Id also like to add 2 more to the list

- Norton Power Eraser NPE (its free, no install)
- Hitman pro

As for Anti malwarebytes (Mbam) i have been finding that its almost consistently not removing common infections as well as it used to. I even went out and gathered up a bunch of the latest Trojan / Remote Authoring Tools (RATS) a few months back and Mbam didn't detect any of the infected files/servers.

edit on 2-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Another vote for Malwarebytes.....I sprung for the paid version some years ago.

Also, I run CCleaner every night. In case there is a little demon in my temp files. And to clean cookies I don't use.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I agree with the malware bytes crowd as it cleaned my pc of some malware and also get yourself a good AV program with behavioural and man in the browser monitoring like bullguard or a free one like AVG to prevent another from installing itself, malwarebytes is free and it work's also it has industry backing.
Best of luck.
edit on 2-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Just realized, the post's title is an oxymoron.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join