It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange occurances at my house: Is this a Haunting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hello,

A little background information: I have been living in my rural house for over a year now. It is an old 1950s farmhouse, which was one of the first in the area (in country Victoria, Australia) which was subdivided into smaller 8 acre lots. The previous owners' husband died (not in the house) and being a religious woman (some form of Christianity that involves speaking in tongues) she had a priest come into the property after his death and say prayers and splash holy water all over the freshly painted walls
Although she was Christian, the previous owner did things like sprinkle salt along the entire perimeter fence after an argument with the neighbours etc And apparently a previous owner of the next door neighbours property (which is built on land that was divided from our property) committed suicide in his house about 10 years ago.

Anyway over the last three months there has been strange 'phenomena' happening inside the house which several people have witnessed.

1) I'd awaken in the morning to find that the energy efficient bayonet light bulb had fallen from the ceiling socket and was laying on the dining table below. This happened three times with the third time I awoke to find the lightbulb smashed into a million shards on the table and carpet. I tried to rationalise it by saying that the socket expanded in the heat and became loose enough for the globe to fall...but then again the globes would only fall during the night when it was cool.

2) Possibly the creepiest thing was that my toddler has a Fisher Price-type train toy. If you place an object in the carriage it starts to play a song about animals. If you press a button on the front the train plays music 'chugga chugga' and starts to drive around the floor. There have been several times that the train will start to play music without anyone being remotely near it. The weird thing is that when it would 'go off' by itself it would play the chugga chugga song but it wouldn't drive as it normally did but remain still.

3) I've seen what I've found out are called 'spirit orbs' they tend to happen in the evening when my husbands at work. They happen only in the loungeroom but they are close enough that I can see that they're not moths catching the light or any other explainable occurrence. They look like a little light that moves and disappears through the air in a matter of seconds.

There are feelings that only I get, my husbands a big skeptic; such as feelings of being watched when I'm in the loungeroom and when im in bed. and flashes of a shadow moving about. (I have also been...er.. insatiable. Do not ask)

About a week ago I bought a sage smudge stick and wafted the smoke in all the rooms. Since then I have not had a single strange thing happen.

I just wanted to know whether anyone has experienced these sorts of things, What do you think it is? i.e poltergiest, what I can do to further 'protect' the house (my greatest fear is that it will start up again worse than before) and whether or not you think that it is a supernatural occurance or whether I'm crazy!

thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I'm sure you'll get some great feedback soon, but no, you are not crazy (qualified...you''re not crazy for thinking paranormal stuff might be happening because it does... otherwise, you might be totally insane).

Some people are sure they know why the paranormal happens and they might be right, but I'm only sure it happens and the rest is supposition.

But the thing to do is stay steady and realize it's likely just someone who is between here and wherever we go and maybe talk to them and see if they could call out for help and go where they are supposed to go. Dunno, sounds mental but it worked for me at a "disturbed" residence.

There's reams of info out there... and some of it is even legit.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Kalixi

About a week ago I bought a sage smudge stick and wafted the smoke in all the rooms. Since then I have not had a single strange thing happen.

Wayward energies can play tricks on electronics, which is a mild haunting. You smudged it right out of your house. Good thinking. Now quite dwelling on it, otherwise you invite in more.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalixi

I agree with the "wayward energies" reply. Since the sage DID have an effect. I'd keep using it...inside and out.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think we might live in a multidimensional world. I know for a fact that unexplained thinks can manifest, and have come to believe that they possibly feed off of and manifest from our own energy.

I have personally found that sage 'clears the air' of negative energy. I also follow with sweet grass, which is supposed to attract positive spirits. Maybe it's the 'placebo effect', but it seems to work for me.

It is natural to fear the unknown, but I wonder if we understood this phenomenon and how it works, we could utilize it better. I also have come to think this unseen aspect of our nature can be manifest either positively or negatively.

The more we dwell on such mysterious topics, the more they seem to manifest- thus, my belief that it is possibly endogenous.

Ms. Nugget

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Kalixi
Hello,

A little background information: I have been living in my rural house for over a year now. It is an old 1950s farmhouse, which was one of the first in the area (in country Victoria, Australia) which was subdivided into smaller 8 acre lots. The previous owners' husband died (not in the house) and being a religious woman (some form of Christianity that involves speaking in tongues) she had a priest come into the property after his death and say prayers and splash holy water all over the freshly painted wall. Although she was Christian, the previous owner did things like sprinkle salt along the entire perimeter fence after an argument with the neighbours etc And apparently a previous owner of the next door neighbours property (which is built on land that was divided from our property) committed suicide in his house about 10 years ago.

If the previous owner used salt along the perimeter then it was most likely blessed salt, for spiritual protection from malefice possibly directed from her neighbour.

KalixiAnyway over the last three months there has been strange 'phenomena' happening inside the house which several people have witnessed.

1) I'd awaken in the morning to find that the energy efficient bayonet light bulb had fallen from the ceiling socket and was laying on the dining table below. This happened three times with the third time I awoke to find the lightbulb smashed into a million shards on the table and carpet. I tried to rationalise it by saying that the socket expanded in the heat and became loose enough for the globe to fall...but then again the globes would only fall during the night when it was cool.

Prior to returning back to my birth religion, I had similar events like this. The number of light bulbs I had to replace in the house during that time was phenomenal. Rationalizing is sensible, having frequent occurrences of the same nature that can not be rationalized is another thing. Incidences such as this, that occurs in threes is a warning to pay attention.

Kalixi2) Possibly the creepiest thing was that my toddler has a Fisher Price-type train toy. If you place an object in the carriage it starts to play a song about animals. If you press a button on the front the train plays music 'chugga chugga' and starts to drive around the floor. There have been several times that the train will start to play music without anyone being remotely near it. The weird thing is that when it would 'go off' by itself it would play the chugga chugga song but it wouldn't drive as it normally did but remain still.

The toy may be malfunctioning. Take the batteries out, if it reoccurs without the batteries then you will know that it not a malfunction. Having said that it most likely won't happen again.

Kalixi3) I've seen what I've found out are called 'spirit orbs' they tend to happen in the evening when my husbands at work. They happen only in the loungeroom but they are close enough that I can see that they're not moths catching the light or any other explainable occurrence. They look like a little light that moves and disappears through the air in a matter of seconds.

I have seen these visually too. Occurred many times, months prior to going into a life or death spiritual battle.

KalixiThere are feelings that only I get, my husbands a big skeptic; such as feelings of being watched when I'm in the loungeroom and when im in bed. and flashes of a shadow moving about. (I have also been...er.. insatiable. Do not ask)

When I first moved into my home, I often felt I was being watched. I used to call the house 'a goldfish bowl' for that exact reason. Have you ever seen a dense shadow moving fast, followed closely behind by a flash of light. Giving the impression the the shadow is being chased by the flash of light? I am a little concerned though with insatiable ? appetite.

KalixiAbout a week ago I bought a sage smudge stick and wafted the smoke in all the rooms. Since then I have not had a single strange thing happen.

Before returning back to my birth religion, and yes I was heavily into all sorts. I used a sage stick to do what you did. In the kitchen as I was smudging and saying prayers - quite distinctively heard a mocking guttural laugh from behind me. Knew then the smudging bore no spiritual meaning to what was here. Lets hope that for you all remains quite.

KalixiI just wanted to know whether anyone has experienced these sorts of things, What do you think it is? i.e poltergiest, what I can do to further 'protect' the house (my greatest fear is that it will start up again worse than before) and whether or not you think that it is a supernatural occurance or whether I'm crazy!

thanks

I certainly don't think you are crazy, it is sad that your husband is not supporting you, though I have to say that it not unusual for various reasons. I don't believe that poltergiest exist, I do believe in diabolical events. If I could tell you what I and my family have experienced most people would doubt or say that the experiences are just weird. I still have photos of dense black masses, EVPs and experiences of friends and work colleges who have bore witness to these events. It had been a spiritual fight, to the point where it became life or death - nothing in between. I have seen beyond the veil many times and it has certainly changed my view on the world so to speak. I do have knowledge on how to deal with such events now, though will not mention them as I am aware that you do believe in what I believe in.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

lonewolf2

KalixiAnyway over the last three months there has been strange 'phenomena' happening inside the house which several people have witnessed.

1) IIncidences such as this, that occurs in threes is a warning to pay attention.

Kalixi3) I've seen what I've found out are called 'spirit orbs' they tend to happen in the evening when my husbands at work. They happen only in the loungeroom but they are close enough that I can see that they're not moths catching the light or any other explainable occurrence. They look like a little light that moves and disappears through the air in a matter of seconds.

I have seen these visually too. Occurred many times, months prior to going into a life or death spiritual battle.

Kalixi
Have you ever seen a dense shadow moving fast, followed closely behind by a flash of light. Giving the impression the the shadow is being chased by the flash of light? I am a little concerned though with insatiable ? appetite.

KalixiAbout

In regards to the incidents occuring in threes... how would I know what the entity wants me to pay attention to or warn me about?

Spiritual battle?? Now I'm scared! Do they usually happen to warn of this or are they just a mild 'I'm here' sign?

When I see the shadow it is only for a second or two. It is quite tall over 6 foot. Everytime I have seen it happen the spirit orbs happen in front of me but away from where the shadow was seen. They seem to happen together.

Um insatiable relates to my desire levels not eating habits... think three times a day average which is WAY more than usual. Sometimes I am so consumed that it is all I can think about, for hours on end. This is the only thing that has persisted since the smudge stick was burnt - in fact I'd say it was getting stronger.

And I forgot to mention that since I was a kid I've been able to see faint auras around people when I sort of 'activate' a certain part of my brain... I know it sounds crazy... anyway since the haunting I haven't been able to get to a state where I can see them anymore...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalixi

ARGH!11 this is the fourth time I've tried to reply to this thread but my laptop suddenly chimps out. This is so freaky
I tried to send an email to a Spiritualist organisation asking for asvice and the email would not send and now this!!! my laptop is currently working dine for everything else.

But ghosts cant use computers right?/

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2[/url]

Here we go again trying to reply:

Insatiable as in libido not hunger. It's gone up from once a week to three times a day. It's the only thing on my mind. Nothing has happened to cause this change such as new lover or reading 50 shades of grey. And come to think of it; its the only thing that hasn't disappeared since using the smudge stick but gotten worse.

What does this mean?

In regard to the soirit orbs: They always appear when the shadow flashes (in full frontal vision not corner-of-the-eye images) but the shadow occurs 4 meters away and then the orbs appear two meters away and to the left. The orbs do not chase the shadow...( what could that mean.. are orbs good and shadows bad?)

thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Glad the Sage worked for you! how creepy! I have had so many of my kids toys go off for no reason late at night all being fisher price toys! so i think its a defect with their toys (leat thats what i tell myself) but its always that brand that likes to go off so i just thought id add that because to me thats the creepiest of all the events! Id for sure stop thinking about it but continue with the sage.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Kalixi

Ive never had a haunting or any prolonged dealings with the supernatural but I can say those energy efficient bulbs let off some funky EM fields.. it's been proven that they pollute the environment with dirty energy.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I've seen what I've found out are called 'spirit orbs'

This is a photo that I captured - taken from my "personal research files."

note the "dust particle" in upper right.
While this location is unusual in nature for many reasons, one of those reasons not being due to the presence of "orbs". I personally do not believe in "spirit orbs" in the photographic/optical context.

This is why (mostly) aside from that I've tested this personally in various different locations with several different lenses.
en.wikipedia.org...

Your eyes are also lenses. I think what you might be seeing are dust particles drifting by. This occurrence is also very prevalent if you sit next to sun shining brightly through a window and you happen see little illuminated particles drifting by and "disappearing" so to speak.

I might believe that these "energies" that do exist in some locations, can and do feed off of emotions. Some theories as to why these energies are apparent at some locations and not others can be due to negative "energy", or other strong emotions, with an emphasis on 'preexisting' or 'introduced' conditions.

The preexisting conditions, in my opinion "as of now", consist of those where "energies" that are not originated from you, are in a sense "trapped" within an EMF and tend to replay themselves, in a sort of looped fashion, so to speak.

The introduced conditions being those that you brought. "Energies" that you and/or someone else with you brought from somewhere else. Examples of these could be something bad that happened in your past. It can also theoretically manifest from both thoughts and actions. Good or bad. Another possibility is that if you had gone somewhere and "picked them up" to "infect" a new location that previously was unaffected in that sense.

Theoretically, you can test whether they are introduced or preexisting. The means to do so are of course controversial.
I personally believe the study "as of now" lies strongest in the area of electromagnetic waves of varying frequencies (both discovered and potentially undiscovered)

I also believe if you give credence and attention to these "forces" they can become stronger, and this may or may not be good for you or those around you.
edit on 3/3/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

unb3k44n7

I've seen what I've found out are called 'spirit orbs'

Theoretically, you can test whether they are introduced or preexisting. The means to do so are of course controversial.
I personally believe the study "as of now" lies strongest in the area of electromagnetic waves of varying frequencies (both discovered and potentially undiscovered)

Thank you for your reply. can you elaborate? Although I won't be trying to mess with this stuff, I sense it's still under the surface...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Kalixi
reply to post by Kalixi

ARGH!11 this is the fourth time I've tried to reply to this thread but my laptop suddenly chimps out. This is so freaky
I tried to send an email to a Spiritualist organisation asking for asvice and the email would not send and now this!!! my laptop is currently working dine for everything else.

But ghosts cant use computers right?/

Disturbances in electronic equipment is common with this type of phenomena.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Kalixi
reply to post by lonewolf2

Here we go again trying to reply:

Insatiable as in libido not hunger. It's gone up from once a week to three times a day. It's the only thing on my mind. Nothing has happened to cause this change such as new lover or reading 50 shades of grey. And come to think of it; its the only thing that hasn't disappeared since using the smudge stick but gotten worse.

What does this mean?

So long as your sexual desire stays with your husband. All should be well. The problem may have already been happening, with such increased sexual desire is that other men instinctively hone in this and it could place you at risk of you doing something that you would not normally do or regret.

Kalixi

In regard to the soirit orbs: They always appear when the shadow flashes (in full frontal vision not corner-of-the-eye images) but the shadow occurs 4 meters away and then the orbs appear two meters away and to the left. The orbs do not chase the shadow...( what could that mean.. are orbs good and shadows bad?)

thanks

The orbs I have seen, have always followed with not so great extraordinary events. Through my own experiences I have not found them to be a good sign at all. Is any one else in your home experiencing the extraordinary? imaginary friends? Are you seeing these dark shadows during the day? If you are the only one witnessing these shadows with in your direct vision, I believe that you are the target. Have you had solid small black blobs coming through the walls or through the floors traveling directly at you? Have you experienced black shadow clouds, very similar to smoke?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

lonewolf2

The orbs I have seen, have always followed with not so great extraordinary events. Through my own experiences I have not found them to be a good sign at all. Is any one else in your home experiencing the extraordinary? imaginary friends? Are you seeing these dark shadows during the day? If you are the only one witnessing these shadows with in your direct vision, I believe that you are the target. Have you had solid small black blobs coming through the walls or through the floors traveling directly at you? Have you experienced black shadow clouds, very similar to smoke?

I have been the only one to experience these shadows and orbs as my toddlers too young to verbalise whether he saw anything and even if my husband saw something he'd automatically rationalise it. Although my cat has been stressed lately trying to mark the furniture etc It runs around the room at night chasing about and puffs its fur up. I think this is stress caused by my toddler who is now able to crawl after and bully the cat.

I haven't seen any black blobs or black clouds - if I did it would completely freak me out.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I forgot to mention something in my thread:

Okay bare with me this will make me sound a complete nutter: since I was a child I've been able to see auras, not all the time and not as vibrant as people seem to suggest either. All I'd have to do is close my eyes and kind of 'activate' (for want of a better word) a part of my brain in the top centre and I'd be able to look at people and see coloured rays kind of coming out from their head and shoulders/hands etc. Anyway since these events have started happening I cannot 'see' the auras anymore. I really hope it is not permanent as I always thought it was connected to my sixth sense as I can always tell if someone is not being truthful and have a ability to be in the right place at the right time.

This can only be a bad sign right?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalixi

So your ability to discern truth of another person is no longer present. Certainly is a problem.

new topics

top topics

join