It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Rowing reverses its decision and bans transgender women from competing in female events

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg
Totally agree with the 'open' category discussions/decisions.
Personally I'd struggle in my mind if competing against a female...maybe that's just coz I KNOW I couldn't hit a female on the pitch the same as I'd hit a male...I'm thinking easily broken female bones would be the major issue I'd have šŸ˜„

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=27100093]paraphi[/post

She believes that transgender men are actual women so not much hope for her.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73
Foresight in its self as a whole the west now lacks.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I laughed out loud at the "alleged" part. It definitely sounds like this woman wants to have her cake and eat it too. I have talked to both men and women who describe themselves as gay or lesbian, but will admit they're actually attracted to and will have sex with both men and women.

Some people just like the social credit of the label "gay" or "lesbian." It's just like some people who like being registered Independent but still vote for one party in every election. It's more about impressing other people than it is about whether it's an accurate label for them.

This manifests itself in lots of things. People will wear clothes they don't like or aren't comfortable in because they're popular. This is a known psychological phenomenon.

And that's not to say there aren't genuine gay people. There are. But there are definitely people who claim to be so that aren't.

This also manifests itself in parents who jump to the conclusion that their child is "trans" at any deviation from societal norms for their child's birth gender. They just want to have a trans child for the social credit, and they will force their child down that path while doing great harm whether it's warranted or not.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cwantas
Oh sorry that's too flimsy and cryptic for me... just seems like a completely irrelevant, almost dismissive reply to my original post.
Maybe actually reply to what I'd said about the specific topic, then I'll understand what you are on about.šŸ‘šŸ˜

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Think about it, it will do you good.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Nope, sorry, I'm sticking to the specific topic of the OP.
Maybe start your own thread about that?šŸ˜
edit on 15-8-2023 by AdultMaleHuman73 because: crap grammar lol

(post by Cwantas removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'll quote my original reply again, maybe we can stay on topic...

originally posted by: AdultMaleHuman73
Omg I played rugby to age 18, I don't doubt that some hard bitch lesbians in the game would love to compete against transwomen!
They'd soon change their minds if the males First XV team...all became transwomen!
Surely you can see why?!šŸ¤£

edit on 15-8-2023 by AdultMaleHuman73 because: Crap grammar again lol

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cwantas

If that's what she believes, then she's correct. The gender ideology introduces some real confusions to the language, which is intentional. In reality:

-> Transgender men, are biological women.
-> Transgender women are biological men.

Being a Terf, I don't agree that a Transwoman is a woman. I believe, and know them to be, a man. A man in a dress with woman-face, or whatever, but still a man.

Under gender ideology, if a transwoman is a woman, then they are free to compete in women's sport and frequent places that used to be the preserve of women. In the language gobbledegook, basically they are saying biological men can play in women's sports and flash their meat and two veg in the women's changing room at the local swimming pool.

This bonkers silliness is being exposed for the moon-howling twaddle it is. Starting with sports federations realising that it's unfair to allow biological men to compete in women's competition.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Lol, thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

isn't it time to call this what it is? dudes in dresses. Calling them "trans women" suggests they somehow changed their gender, which isn't physically possible.

If the person I see acts like a lady, looks like a lady, and sounds like a lady, I don't know any different, but if I'm looking at a dude in a dress and he's competing against women, He's just a dude in a dress with mental health issues.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Lol, thanks.

You do understand that transwomen are biological males. So there could be no justification for them competing in female sports. Unless you can find some convincing reasons or suggest why they can take part in female competitions.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

isn't it time to call this what it is? dudes in dresses. Calling them "trans women" suggests they somehow changed their gender, which isn't physically possible.

If the person I see acts like a lady, looks like a lady, and sounds like a lady, I don't know any different, but if I'm looking at a dude in a dress and he's competing against women, He's just a dude in a dress with mental health issues.

I think everyone says the same but for some mysterious reasons (see pharmaceuticals and powerful political interests) the trans delusion keeps going on. But many sports are coming to their senses and it's about time society comes to its senses.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Lol, thanks.

You do understand that transwomen are biological males. So there could be no justification for them competing in female sports. Unless you can find some convincing reasons or suggest why they can take part in female competitions.

Nope, no reason biological males should be competing against biological females.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Lol, thanks.

Nope, no reason biological males should be competing against biological females.

Assuming you don't edit this then, we appear to be in agreement!šŸ¤£

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHuman73

Lol, thanks.

Assuming you don't edit this then, we appear to be in agreement!šŸ¤£

It seems strange they have been arguing continuously when they're in agreement with most people.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

If that's what she believes, then she's correct. The gender ideology introduces some real confusions to the language, which is intentional. In reality:

-> Transgender men, are biological women.
-> Transgender women are biological men.

Being a Terf, I don't agree that a Transwoman is a woman. I believe, and know them to be, a man. A man in a dress with woman-face, or whatever, but still a man.

Under gender ideology, if a transwoman is a woman, then they are free to compete in women's sport and frequent places that used to be the preserve of women. In the language gobbledegook, basically they are saying biological men can play in women's sports and flash their meat and two veg in the women's changing room at the local swimming pool.

This bonkers silliness is being exposed for the moon-howling twaddle it is. Starting with sports federations realising that it's unfair to allow biological men to compete in women's competition.

Yes, that's true.

The gender ideology is a linguistic movement trying to control language by altering or completely changing the meaning of words.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I work with a woman who plays rugby at the weekends, she's a lesbian and she 100% believes transgender men should be allowed to compete against women in sports.
She loves the idea that men can be turned into women, it's a woman thing.

But transgender men are actually women so they should be able to compete against other women. If you replace transmen with transwomen then your reply makes sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Oh gosh, I replied to the member thinking they meant transwomen (males) competing against females, not transmen (females) competing against females. It's why I wrote this:

Omg I played rugby to age 18, I don't doubt that some hard bitch lesbians in the game would love to compete against transwomen!
They'd soon change their minds if the males First XV team...all became transwomen!
Surely you can see why?!šŸ¤£

...#in'ell if we make a mistake in the specific definitions it's carnage!šŸ¤£

I was pleased to read the members clarification though, so no harm done...I've stopped thinking 'potential troll' thoughts now!!!šŸ‘šŸ˜

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join