It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Feds Concerned Terror Attack in the Works

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Another warning from the government has come out regarding possible terrorist threats. The Federal government is again repeating the warning that they believe an attack before the election is a certainty. This time officals belive that the timeframe is somewhere from 4 to 6 weeks.

www.foxnews.com
"Every day there is new information that raises the level of anxiety," said one law enforcement official who declined to be identified. The concern, based on intelligence reporting of multiple sources, is that the plots or plot may be in the final stages of planning � and ready to be executed at any time, the official said.

On Sept. 13, Attorney General John Ashcroft held a conference call with U.S. attorneys throughout the nation, according to senior federal law enforcement officials.

During that call, Ashcroft warned them of the possibility of a major terror attack on U.S. soil in upcoming weeks. Law enforcement throughout the country were to be made aware of this concern.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Right up to Election Day. Some will claim propaganda to implant the thought in the minds of the voters. Others will claim the DHS is 'working'. Truth is no-one will will ever know. No one will ever know if it is true, because if a warning is released, they will claim 'credible' intelligence, but do not know a time, date place, method, or who will be responsible. I still stand by my prediction that if an attack happens before the election, it will lead back to Iran in one way or another. This will give the US "Reason" to attack Iran, just likie 9-11 did Afghanistan. Remeber the US just sold some BUnker Busters and other Missles to Israel. For a government who wants peace in that area, this bothers me.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Additional information on this.

My Way News
Authorities also are increasing what they call "overt" surveillance of terrorism suspects - letting the suspects know they are being watched - and they may arrest some on relatively minor charges to get them off the street.

The FBI also is checking new information gained from arrests of al-Qaida operatives, especially those in Britain and Pakistan, to see if any potential terrorist activities or warning signs in the United States have been overlooked.

The law enforcement officials, who spoke Thursday on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, said the United States still has no information indicating a time, place or method of attack.

Ashcroft's Sept. 13 call to prosecutors was prompted not by new intelligence but rather was intended to remind law enforcement officials about a steady stream of information pointing to an election-year attack, one official said.

U.S. authorities are concerned al-Qaida might try to replicate the influence terrorists had in Spain, where the governing party that supported the U.S. invasion of Iraq was defeated at the polls after March 11 train bombings in Madrid killed 200 people.

Officals are more concerned right now then they have been since 9-11. The informaiton they have been able to obtain points to attacks on high population areas and public places.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Time magazine has gotten in on the story as well.

www.time.com
Of course, the FBI isn't relying exclusively on tips. Airport security will remain high, and the borders will be closely watched. After all, eight weeks before the Sept. 11 attacks, all the hijackers were already in the U.S. If al-Qaeda operatives are truly about to attack, as the U.S. intelligence community says, then most are probably already here�or about to cross a border.

The authorities are using much more agressive tactics to look for suspects. They are saying that they feel like they are under the gun to come up with something before the election.
Everyone right now is extremely worried that an attack WILL happen. They do not have any specifics as to when, where, or how.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Vote for Bush or else!
Vote for Bush or else!
Vote for Bush or else!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
[sarcasm /on]Only Bush can keep us safe. He's a strong leader and we can't change Presidents during war, even if it's the President who started the war.[sarcasm /off]

Hail to the Thief!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
With all the people who see things that aren't there, I sure am glad I've got that stock in Eli Lilly.
Go ahead... stick your head in the sand, cause if your ass get's blown off the rest of you is just fine, right?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You need to sift through the propaganda of course. Seriously, if "it" is required, "they" will carry out the attack. I think "they" prefer Bush/Cheney over Kerry.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I believe it might have something to do with this: www.abovetopsecret.com....

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wolf.
Wolf.
Wolf.
Wolf.
Wolf.
(sigh) Wolf!
Wolf.
Wolf.
WOLF! WOLF! #ING WOLF FOR GOD SAKES WOLF! AAAAGGHGHA!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Wolf.
Wolf.
Wolf.
Wolf.
Wolf.
(sigh) Wolf!
Wolf.
Wolf.
WOLF! WOLF! #ING WOLF FOR GOD SAKES WOLF! AAAAGGHGHA!

Hahahahahaha.....I think we are on the 9th wolf....so the AAAAAGGHGHA should be rather soon, so again suggest you check this outwww.abovetopsecret.com....

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
I believe it might have something to do with this: www.abovetopsecret.com....

What do you think?

If anything it is how the Attack in Madrid had an effect on the elections. The government believes Al-Qaeda will try to disrupt the elections in the US to try to have the same effect, but nothing short of a multiple state nuclear attack will do anything. I do not think the American public can be as quickly swayed, I believe most have their minds made up already.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't think they really care about the outcome of the election.

Read this as well, www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Now tell me what you think...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
CStyle: Well, it must be true, since the greatest minds of the world ALL say this was all planned and orchestrated by the government.
This is definately the greatest sham the world has ever seen.
Now, whats wrong with the US population? They still think Bush is here to save them from the throwes of terrorism and he's their heroe.
When do you suppose they'll believe it all? Whats it going to take to open
peoples eyes on this matter?

I give up

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You wanna know what it's going to take to change this country?

First:
Martial Law will declared by our Terrorist-in-Thief, and America will become a military zone.

Then:
Revolution...

[edit on 26-9-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
In other words, when its too late and we're all screwed.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
you almost have it. Martial law would be a disaster. Enforced military service ie National Service for 2 years at a young age is a better option as it would militarise the minds of the next generation of babymakers. So, to achieve this without opposition the US must expand the war in a legitimate way eg enraged retaliation against another country after it attempts to strike the US. The enraged retaliation would ideally (for Bush) occur just prior to the election, sweeping him to power again and the draft is introduced shortly thereafter. All overseas military adventures are then scaled back and the draft is used as a mind control device without encouraging the wrath of those drafted because they are not sent off to die.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Our lives as we know it are screwed, yes. America will become a warzone.

If you want an analogy, here:

Think about like Israel....

Israel = U.S. Government/Military fighting the people
Palestinians = American Citizens fighting the Government

Now keep in mind that all citizens won't fight, especially in this country where we have become comfortable...but the uprising will begin.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Israel = U.S. Government/Military fighting the people
Palestinians = American Citizens fighting the Government

Now keep in mind that all citizens won't fight, especially in this country where we have become comfortable...but the uprising will begin.

You are trying to make an analogy saying that Americans are like Palestinian terrorists? You have got some issues if you think this way. Not all Palestinians are terrorists, nor are all Israelis terrorists either. But Palestinian terrorists attack people, including women and children, and the Israelis attack terrorists, mostly trying to kill their leaders. Do some innocent people die? is a shame that it does happen, but it does happen. Would you rather have the Israelis just accept terrorist attacks without doing anything about them?

You are also trying to incite violence in the US.....

IMO, you sir, or mam, are insane... I also think it is not appropiate at all to have this kind of posts.... What if someone decides to use this as an excuse to commit a crime? in order to "give more freedoms to the people"

You want to be free to kill other Americans? This is really sickening.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I didn't say all the Palestinians were terrorists. They are oppressed, as we are/would be by our government.

And no, I don't want to kill or incite the killing of innocent Americans...but if we are going to be put under martial law, and lose our democracy, then the rules change. And those who are responsible for the destruction of our democracy are fair game.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by cstyle226]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join