It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pakistan you do not Watch on TV.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hello everybody!

I am starting this thread because some of the folks here asked to share some information about Pakistan as most of the people in West only have to rely on Media sources like CNN or BBC to know about anything about this part of the world esp., Since after the War on Terror Pakistan has become the focal point of the Universe and it's important that people do know about some facts about this nation that usually Western Media does not cover or does not want you to know. I don't want to make an impression here that what you watch on Media is all fabrication and false. We are not one of the richest nations, we are not very much technological advanced, we do have extremist and Taliban and Al-Qaeda fans in our country however 80% of the Pakistani are as cool people as the rest of the world. I was born and live here in Pakistan and a person in his 20'.

Here we go: The Founder. Mr. Muhammad Ali Jinnah(Quaid-e-Azam, Father of the nation).

aah you may wonder he is gonna be some kindda Mullah or Bin Laden like guy and rigid Muslim just see below and draw your own conclusions

Left to right, Fatima Jinnah Sister of him and Mother of the Nation, The Founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah, his daughter.

Alright, so he seems like a Western guy and certainly he was but then how come he was a popular among people who are today believed to living under Tribal rule or Religious Militants... !!

He was popular and the Father of this nation because even though he was not very much religious and had a life style of typical Western person because people here love people who work to serve people. And they know what independence means to them. As i said 80% of Pakistanies are as cool people as the rest of the World........ very moderate and have great love and respect for all other nations! The CNN only broadcast Interviews or Videos of those people who are either miserably infamous here or are in minority talking about religious extremists in particular.

So this is the First Post of this thread. I would keep updating this thread as often as possible with more facts and information that our buddies in the West might not be aware of about Pakistan and its people.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I'll be the first post(maybe) to say welcome to ATS!
It's nice to hear from other countries.

By The Way, You write English well.

Have a good week!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

I'll be the first post(maybe) to say welcome to ATS!
It's nice to hear from other countries.

By The Way, You write English well.

Have a good week!

Thank buddy!!

Do i really write good english? hmm, Ok i take it as a compliment

Cheers!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

I'm a woman in my late 30's.
That's a pretty common mistake. That's why I put Mrs. on my title.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Bryan Adams Rocks Karachi (Pakistan) - Some 10,000 people participated in this concert of Canadian Pop Star Bryan Adams.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
welcome Loyal,

I heard that recently attempts are being made to bring back Bollywood to Pakistan......
What is the general population's opinion of Bollywood and it's stars in Pakistan? I've read and heard several stories of fatwa's against Bollywood and some of it's stars and wonder if it is an extremist view or something that most of the general population agrees with.. And do the opposition to Bollywood feel the same towards Pakistani made entertainment or just Bollywood? Do you think that perhaps Bollywood might be able to bridge the gap between the two nations? Open minds, hearts and maybe even borders again???

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks for opening this thread Loyal...and welcome to ATS!

It's great to have people like you come forward and give us the "average man on the street" information, due to the dreadful media coverage we have here in the U.S.

What's the average Pakistani's opinion on the whole war in Iraq and the "war on terror" in general? You can answer your personal opinion and also though, tell us what you think the majority in your country think as well, and thanks!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
welcome Loyal,

I heard that recently attempts are being made to bring back Bollywood to Pakistan......
What is the general population's opinion of Bollywood and it's stars in Pakistan? I've read and heard several stories of fatwa's against Bollywood and some of it's stars and wonder if it is an extremist view or something that most of the general population agrees with.. And do the opposition to Bollywood feel the same towards Pakistani made entertainment or just Bollywood? Do you think that perhaps Bollywood might be able to bridge the gap between the two nations? Open minds, hearts and maybe even borders again???

Thanks buddy!!!

You know the bollywood actress appearing in your avatar is as much famous in Pakistan as much in India... and Pakistan folks are fan of Indians Movies since ever., They want to watch Indians movies in Theater and i think Pakistani people are very open minded, just look at Cricket Match series that take place in Pakistan the kind of support the Indian players receive here by Pakistani crowd is incredible isn't? On the other hand, i think Indian people are somewhat conservative but things have improved a lot and you can see, Pakistan has been on good terms with India since after the 1998.. and things are moving in good direction.. isn't?

In regard to question about 'Fatawa' well, Mullah Party here issues Fatwa almost daily on certain issue and 80% Pakistani don't care any more, because they know they are just making fool of us for their own political gains and nothing else. A common Pakistan is rather very moderate and open minded !!!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Thanks for opening this thread Loyal...and welcome to ATS!

It's great to have people like you come forward and give us the "average man on the street" information, due to the dreadful media coverage we have here in the U.S.

What's the average Pakistani's opinion on the whole war in Iraq and the "war on terror" in general? You can answer your personal opinion and also though, tell us what you think the majority in your country think as well, and thanks!

Well, you would be amazed that 80% of Pakistan support War on Terror and that's why we Pakistani are paying the price, we are now the main target of Al-Qaeda, and Al-Qadea here is extremely infamous though there are certain people who do favor their ideology, but you have noticed 'Red Mosque' incident, that overall most of the Pakistani favored Mushraff. and I wanna tell you ' Mushraff here is not unpopular ' --- I am big fan of ' President Mushraff ' and see him as a person who actually put ' Pakistan First ' and cares about the interest of Pakistan than anything else.

As regard to War in Iraq, People had mixed feeling about it in general, however when they found out Saddam's massacre of its own people then opinion got changed here and People suggested that this Person must be punished and deserve capital sentence.

However they don't feel comfortable overall American Foreign Policy, President Bush here is as much unpopular as Bin Laden ( Mushraff did suggest that in Jon Stewar daily show if you watched it )

Most Pakistan believe the US use us in the times of need and forget us altogether when her goal have been achieved. They want to be on good terms with US however don't think US is their 'real' buddy unlike China whom Pakistan always been on good terms and Pakistani people have great love and respect for them

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
See, I told you so. People are interested in people, not packaged news bites. We've learned there's little truth in those.

And a fine start to you ATS posting career.

Good job.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
See, I told you so. People are interested in people, not packaged news bites. We've learned there's little truth in those.

And a fine start to you ATS posting career.

Good job.

Oh yea ! i dont' wanna take the credit away from you for comin' up with this brilliant idea,

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Ah, it's your show. I only stand and clap. I take no credit for seeing the obvious.

It's your story tell it as you chose; and I'll be watching.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Basant Festival - Kite Flying Festival. is the most famous event in Pakistan, thousands of people from abroad come to participate in this Festival, and Lahore where i live at is in particular the Hub of this Festival though it's celebrated through out the country here i am posting some pics and video that would give you insight to this event..

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Thanks for answering my post to your thread LOYAL...

Great point about China Vs. the U.S. and the Pakistani people feeling that once the U.S. government agenda is finished, we will abandon the project and very true.

You also make a great point too, when you talk about U.S. government policy...totally different then asking how the people of the U.S. feel, just like we are now learning, thanks to you, how the Pakistani people feel.

Sometimes that gets lost on average people, of any country...as it does on me as well. We judge a whole country's population by their government's POLICY, instead of looking behind the scenes and learning what the majority feel.

Thanks for allowing us a glimpse behind the curtain of misinformation and propaganda and I can't wait to read more about the Pakistani people.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks buddy! for encouraging me,

I would do my best to post all the stuff that could give people esp., in the West insight to our culture traditions and religious value.

I am a religious guy too, i firmly believe in my faith, however you can see being religious does not necessarily mean that one is violent and hostile to others, so are most of us here, they all want good relationship with every nation and we are actually on good terms with every nation, despite the fact US Media propagates that Pakistan is potential threat, we are the front line partner of US in War on Terror. Though there was not any Pakistani involved in 9/11 Attacks, None of 19 terrorist was a Pakistani. But unfortunately we share a long border with Afghanistan, a country that has messed up our economy ... for many reasons, they are land-locked that have to use our resources for their trade, they don't grow Wheat, they smuggle our Wheat into Afghanistan, All they export is Drugs and Pakistan is the worst ever victim of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

I fall in love to Pakistani lady half year ago... After that Pakistan has had so beutiful face in my mind. Never been there, not know almost anything about your country, but I found one of the most beautiful creature from there...

Maybe I start to follow your writings from your country, and probably I will ask you something if needed... Are you from Islamabad?

Welcome to ATS, hope you enjoy your stay!

[edit on 22-4-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thanks Dude, Yes Pakistani people are very beautiful and even me is reasonably handsome ehhehehe

No i don't live at Islamabad, however i am not very far away from Islamabad, i live at Lahore , Yes feel free to ask me anything about Pakistan you want to know!!

Cheers mate!

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 23-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
No offense but you sound a little like the Chinese fellows telling us how bad the Dalai Lama was. Your gov't is messed up (not unusual). I used to get a Pakistanian TV program around Washington DC and it was alsays military reviews. Why do Pakistanis and Indians slaughter one another with such violence expecially in sacred religious sites?

Some (many?) believe OBL is hiding in Pakistan. Why can't we find the rascal?

Thanks chummy buddy!
cheers!

[edit on 4/22/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well, i had clarified in the first post of this thread, that my purpose is not to make an impression here that what our buddies in the west watch on TV is all fabrication or false, i am just trying to make a case that Pakistan is not an extremist country ... though we do have Extremist and Militants and i guess extremist do exist everywhere else like they do here... and they are always in minority, and i posted couple of videos here that People can watch and can give them insight to our culture and general tendency of the people.

Can you please be specific on India and Pakistan violence in sacred sites, i really did not get it?? we have been on good terms with india since after the 1998 conflict.... and both countries have worked hard to build up the confidence so that we could resolve all issues and most importantly disputed territory of Kashir issue which has been the flash point between the two countries and led to 3 wars between the two.

As regard to IF Bin Laden is hiding here, so what the heck people are waiting for and why don't they capture him... Also even if he is hiding here, that does not mean the majority of people here support him or he is hiding here with the support of our Govt, he is even bigger threat to us than to US. and It is the failure of US Forces the most technologically powered Armed force in the world that Bin Laden is still on the run... If someone break into someone's home, that does not mean the Home Owner let him in... Bin Laden is never welcomed here.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by LOYAL]

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 23-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Source: www.porsche.com.pk...

Pakistani People may not be as poor as most people think, We always have a saying here that Unlike most Countries of the World, Our Govt is Poor and Our People are rich. That does not mean that every guy here owns a car and has a home, However Opening of Porsche Showroom recently shows that People here have buying power to buy even more expensive cars, not to mention that Merce and BMW have been operating their facilities here long before. and It's very likely that BMW could install its production facility here in Pakistan any time in the near future.

<<   2 >>

join