It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Parliament Expresses Concern About HAARP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Dont know if I've put this in the right place, so if it isn't please now to right forum!

I found this document by chance when I was looking through a HAARP site earlier on this morning. It is just over a year ago that it was sent, so its probably old-news to most, but thought that it was interesting, as they say that testing will start early in 2003 in 3 military testing site's.

Anyway, for those of you that havent seen it before, here it is (will add the link at the end as well).

[FBIS Transcribed Text] MOSCOW. Aug 8 (Interfax) - The Russian State Duma has expressed concern about the United States program to develop a qualitatively new type of weapon.

"Under the High Frequency Active Auroral Research (HAARP), the US is creating new integral geophysical weapons that may influence the near-earth medium with high-frequency radio waves," the State Duma said in an appeal circulated on Thursday.

"The significance of this qualitative leap could be compared to the transition from cold steel to fire arms, or from conventional weapons to nuclear weapons. This new type of weapons differs from previous types in that the near-Earth medium becomes at once an object of direct influence and its component."

These conclusions were made by the commission of the State Duma's international affairs and defense committees, the statement reads.

The committee reported that US is planning to test three facilities of this kind. One of them is located on the military testing ground in Alaska and its full-scale tests are to begin in early 2003. The second one is in Greenland and the third one in Norway.

"When these facilities are launched into space from Norway, Alaska and Greenland, a closed contour will be created with a truly fantastic integal potential for influencing the near-Earth medium," the state Duma said.

The US plans to carry out large-scale scientific experiments, under the HAARP program, and not controlled by global community, will create weapons capable of breaking radio communication lines and equipment installed on spaceships and rockets, provokes serious accidents in electricity networks and in oil and gas pipelines and have a negative impact on the mental health of people populating entire regions, the deputies said.

They demanded that an international ban be put on such large-scale geophysical experiments.

The appeal, signed by 90 deputies, has been sent to President Vladimir Putin, to the Untied Nations and other International Organizations, to the parliaments and leaders of the UN member countries, to the scientific public and to mass media outlets.

Among those who signed the appeal are Tatyana Astrakhankina, Nikolai Kharitonov, Yegor Ligachev, Sergei Reshulsky, Vitaly Sevastyanov, Viktor Cherepkov, Valentin Zorkaltsev and Alexei Mitrofanov.

[Description of Source: Moscow Interfax in English -- non-government information agency known for its aggressive reporting, extensive economic coverage, and good coverage of Russia's regions].

www.fas.org...

blackwidow

PS: If you click on the box in the top left-hand corner will take you right into a HAARP site

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm glad that the Russians are deciding to take HAARP seriously, unlike other countries that follow the US when they insist that it is purely for Ionospheric research.

Just if Britain had the balls to question its existance...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
this is bad, very bad...

the part that alarms me is that this haarp program could effect the mental health of an entire region!

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What is Britains postion on HAARP?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm curious has anyone figured out a way to prevent HAARP transmissions from affecting them? I figure the ol' tin foil hat won't cut it. Going underground? Actually if the tranmissions strike a specfic altitude, then staying on the moutains might work. Hmmm....

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I thinks we are being poodles as well here, Britain does as Bush says. I think that Blair takes it as being purely scientifical, or doesn't even know of its existance. Theres never been anything in our media about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I thinks we are being poodles as well here, Britain does as Bush says. I think that Blair takes it as being purely scientifical, or doesn't even know of its existance. Theres never been anything in our media about it.

Ok thanx. As you said about HAARP not being in the media here, i've never seen HAARP mention once in the UK media.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Infinite

I dont remember HAARP being mentioned over here (UK) either, thats why Im interested in it now!

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Its never been on the news, theres been no programs about it on discovery or nothing.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Doing searches on the Telegraph and BBC news websites brings up absolutely nothing about HAARP, and I credit both these news services for their scientific and World news stories. I fear that there is no knowledge other than the few of us that have stumbled across these conspiracy sites in Britain about HAARP and its ability to influence a persons mood.

Any Americans care to comment on the publicity that HAARP gets in America? and whether it is widely known.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I fear that there is no knowledge other than the few of us that have stumbled across these conspiracy sites in Britain about HAARP and its ability to influence a persons mood.

I only knew about HAARP thanx to this site and a few others.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've picked up this interesting article off of CNN

Atmospheric Shrinking
Scientists from the British Antarctic Survey published a report saying that they have measured a five-mile drop in Earth's upper atmosphere during the past 40 years. They say that the zone is a litmus test for climate change and believe the shrinking is caused by cooling aloft linked to the global warming at the surface. The results, published in this month's issue of the Journal of Geophysical Research, were obtained from radio-wave-monitoring studies in Antarctica since 1958. The altitude decrease they discovered is in the ionosphere, an electricity-conducting layer of the upper atmosphere, and was similar to results obtained from separate studies in Europe.

"The key point here is that it's an indication something's happening to the Earth's atmosphere, but it's nothing to worry about," said Dr. Martin Javis of the survey.

Influences of HAARP? Also note that it was British scientists.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by MrEisenhower]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
could be...but im really no expert on HAARP

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The "whisper" says ask Dragonrider......

Seriously....if anyone knows anymore than he does on this, I would be quite surprised. I do think that Banshee, Valhall, and a few others have a grasp on it also....perhaps they will indulge this topic and partake in shedding some light on this matter.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have heard of HAARP, though in the military, we called it something else. As fars as the media, I have never seen it mentioned. Mostly on sites and people and stuff here. As far as mood manipulation and mind control, as well as earthquake causing, well, obviously theres no references from sources and such, mostly just from people like Dragon rider, and various scientists and experts who bring this up, a fact that is vhenemntly denied by the media of course.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Would be interesting if they do, as apart from reading the sites I found in the Net, there's nothing else to look-up, that I can find, come on dragonrider, where are you when I need you (apart from working hard, as you said earlier in your message to me?)

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well until he arrives heres the best site I've found so far that gives you an insight into HAARP

www.projectfreedom.cng1.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
HAARP is a very interesting topic, its a shame over here (UK) the media don't mention it at all. *sighs* why can't discovery show something about it

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes, it is dangerous and noone knows its full parameters, but in essence, the United States has created the *perfect* weapon.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Exactly the position those big bullies across the pond put us in. And nowhere else, or they'll steal our lunch money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join