It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla's Death ray !?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
He is basically the most infamous and unappreciated inventor of his time. He is responsible for inventing over 3000 inventions and one of them include his most famous death ray! The Death ray was responsible for the massive 15-megaton explosion in Siberia! And that was 40 years before the invention of the atomic bomb. Any one have further information on the topic of Tulsa�s Death Ray, this sounds like a interesting topic.

[Edited on 7/14/2003 by Beast4rmDaEast]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
"unappreciated" nah...the man was brillant. Its a shame that the US government 'stole' his "ray-gun" technology though, without compensating him for it.

He is appreciated by those who see Tesla for who is really was....a pioneer, a genius, a man of principles, a true scientist and visionary.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
He is basically the most infamous and unappreciated inventor of his time. Posted by Beast4rmdaeast

Have to agree 100%
He was 100% genius, 100% scientist, and didnt give a damn about marketing or politics or other mundane crap. However, this allowed far lesser men to take credit and make profit on his hard work.

His "death ray" lives on today, as HAARP, and his other hard work is alive and well at Area 51 and other US bases in the form of X Craft.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
tesla's death ray...?
haarp seems to appreciate it

check out zie tesla coil

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by Fury]

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by Fury]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Without Tesla, there would have never been a 20th century, we would be still living in a victorian like age.
And there is no mention of Tesla in the Smithsonian.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Tesla's particularly understated as the father of AC power.

Edison was a hack compared to him.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
And there is no mention of Tesla in the Smithsonian. Posted by Bandit795

DING DING DING!!!!!!!

Give that man a milkshake!

Indeed, for those who seem to believe that history is not manipulated to the benefit of the powerful, I would point you to this story!

If you go to the Smithsonian (and I have been there twice) and look through American achievements in science, technology, and especially in electrical engineering, you will trip over Thomas Edison everywhere you go.

The truth of the matter is that Thomas Edison was NOT an inventor, and never was. He was a financier, and his philosophy was to find those who had the talent, intelligence, and expertise to make a technology work, capitalize on it, market it, sell it, profit from it, and take credit for it.

And when it comes to Alternating Current electricity, what Edison pulled on Nikola Tesla was nothing short of highway robbery. Tesla put forth enormous effort, research, and hard work to create and perfect the technology that still makes the world we know work. We still have yet to find a better technology to do the job of AC current. This is the same technology that made Edison a millionaire overnight, with NO recognition given to Tesla whatsoever.

Anyone ever read the lyrics to "Edisons Medicine" by Tesla????

Not that it should be surprising... Edison was one of the major players of the Cabal in the early 1900s, one of the American aristocracy along with the Rockefellers.

I have mentioned before a long running relationship of some form between Tesla and the Cabal, as indeed that is where I found the name, in Teslas writings. He also called them the "Evil Empire" or the "Dark Empire". Tesla was also credited for incredible clarity of sight when describing peoples character.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the insight dragonrider. I had heard about Tesla but knew very little. I knew that his "Death Ray" knocked down a portion of a forest in mongolia. I'm giong to do some research of my own to find out more on Tesla.

Also. Is the idea of HAARP from Tesla or merely the Technology??

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
"unappreciated" nah...the man was brillant. Its a shame that the US government 'stole' his "ray-gun" technology though, without compensating him for it.

He is appreciated by those who see Tesla for who is really was....a pioneer, a genius, a man of principles, a true scientist and visionary.

regards
seekerof

what I mean by unappreciated is that he wasn't given proper credit to his work, and he only gained appreciation lately after his death. He was even robbed from a noble prize award for the invention of the radio by Guglielmo Marconi.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You were correct and I was wrong.

I actually meant by my "unappreciated and nah" bit, was he may have been unappreciated but to those of us who recognized him for his accomplishments and his persona', he was appreciated.

Was not your fault or not lack of defining...it was my poor use of wordage.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Also. Is the idea of HAARP from Tesla or merely the Technology?? Posted by Nightwalker

As far as I can tell, this is a modification of the "Wireless Power Transfer" system that Tesla actually had under construction in Long Island New York at the time of his death. It was an amalgam of his experiments in high frequency electrical modulation and radio experiments.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Imagine what the world would be like if Tesla was as wide-known and as financially succesfull as Edison or Marconi. I don't we can even start to imagine the possibilities.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Imagine what the world would be like if Tesla was as wide-known and as financially succesfull as Edison or Marconi. I don't we can even start to imagine the possibilities.

I agree, it would be a FAR different world.

Teslas main downfall, if he had one, was that he was totally disinterested in the marketing/profiteering part of inventing. His only drive was to research and develop new technology and solve new mysteries.

When he developed a particular technology, he wasnt thinking about what it would mean to him financially, so much as he was just looking to secure funding for further research.

This made him very easily taken advantage of by the likes of Edison and several others.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
ANGRY!!!

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In 1908 hundreds of square miles of Siberian forest were flattened and burned by a mysterious fireball. Only now, nearly nine decades later, are we learning what really happened--and not a minute too soon a vast fireball raced through the dawn sky over Siberia, then exploded with the force of 1,000 Hiroshima bombs. The heat incinerated herds of reindeer and charred tens of thousands of evergreens across hundreds of square miles. For days, and for thousands of miles around, the sky remained bright with an eerie orange glow--as far away as western Europe people were able to read newspapers at night without a lamp. The effect was much like that of a great volcanic eruption, yet there had been no eruption. The only objective indication of the extraordinary event was a quiver on seismographs in the Siberian city of Irkutsk, indicating a moderate quake some 1,000 miles north in a remote region called Tunguska.

Some have asserted that it was only a comet or meteor. However, no meteor fragments or impact craters were found in the area. Others have asserted that it was a mini-black hole. But, this may be stretching current science a bit. Consequently, we now turn your attention to what does seem to fit the facts. Researchers into Tesla's work have come to the concensus that it was probably one of his experiments. In the beginning of the 1900s, he was building Wardenclyffe, to transmit messages and electrical power all over the globe. But, by 1908, he had fallen into bad economic straights, with the project not fully completed. However, calculations on his potential power outputs indicate that a sudden burst of his equipment could have produced a massive electrical storm or even EMP. Moreover, others have pointed out that Tesla published claims of coming up with some kind of death ray, to make war obsolete, at this time!

He planned to show off his invention when Perry was reaching the north pole in 1908. Tesla told Perry to watch the sky on that particular night. The idea being that Perry would note it in his journal and Tesla would get some much needed good press. Tesla must have made some miscalculations or there may have been a problem, but he overshot the pole and hit Siberia. (A DIRECT line from Tesla's location, across the North pole hits Tunguska.)

The only problem with this suggestion is that ALL the eyewhitnesses claim they saw whatever caused the blast 'burning/roaring' (like a meteor with fire behind it) coming from the SOUTH. Tesla's experiment would've been seen coming from the NORTH. (and it probably wouldn't have made a trail of fire.)

Who knows... maybe he shot something down... something with a massive nuclear (probably D'stronic rather than nuclear) reactor type engine that would've been in orbit... sounds plausible to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
doesn't that make you mad when you are taught things at school that are in a way a lie..for example with Tesla. I'm in high school...they teach us about DNA, bullsh1t, bullsh1t, bullsh1t....but because society has to be politically correct we aren't taught about the accomplishments of Tesla, or himself or other topics that would make school a lot more interesting....But then their are those who are a little more "intelligent" and go on and research different things that are educational and aren't taught in the science, history, or other academic books, and actually learn a lot and therefore more aware of the things that are in history that aren't taught.....................Tesla was king, and Stephen Hawking is up there as well........

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Any relation to Alister?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
alister crowley? yes.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Tesla was such a great scientist because he was a terrible business man. If he were financially wealthy, he wouldn't have ever made the number of inventions that he is credited for today.

Unfortunitely, I believe he only held a 100-200 patents, because other ideas were stolen from him. He was basically too poor to patent all of his technology. He was known for only sleeping 2 hours of a night because he worked so hard on his ideas. He enjoyed doing math and creating models in his head rather than sleep.

Tesla was recently given the credit for building the first radio (within the last 5-10 years) after a bitter court battle. People are still out there fighting for him to have a name in the science community. He was the right man born in the wrong century. What a shame. The father of AC power, transformers, power transmission through wires and air, the "death ray" or particle-laser, radio, and a large number of other popular inventions needs to be taught in history, not idiots that destroyed lives while sitting on their ass making millions.

He's the kind of guy that makes me believe today's scientists are drones with no creativity. Sad.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
He is also the inventor of the electric motor and made the Model-T possible. If not for him, we might not have cars, or planes, or motor boats, or just about anything that requires a servo. Thank goodness that Henry Ford paid him for every motor that would power a Model-T. I finally have respect for a big-business tycoon. Go Henry Ford!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join