It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo webcam images from millions of users intercepted by GCHQ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My theory is folks,in the not too distant future,TPTB will not need webcams to spy on daily innocent lives of (most of)the masses.
They will be able to see through our eyes.
Sounds mental?
Sure it does,but I never thought I would be alive by the time technology existed to record images from a human brain(a thought,or memory)and yet that tech is already at its beggining stages today.And looking scary in terms of its future applications IMO.
Nor did I think I would see the day when one mind can control a seperate,sedated body but that is possible today.
www.bbc.co.uk...
If that is possible,then one day it will be possible to tap into your optic nerve,wirelessly and from distance,to see what you are seeing.

I realize this sounds like crazy talk,but I tell you-this will become a reality if we continue down the twisted path we are on.

Our ancestors must be turning in their graves to see the slow motion dystopian train wreck that we must seem to them to be.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I can't imagine anyone being all that interested in seeing pictures of my junk.

Except maybe Ripley's!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wonder if all the people lining up to buy Google Glass realize they're buying a device through which the government will be constantly watching. Each Google Glass member is literally going to be a roving eye of the surveillance state, and they're going to be paying for the "privilege."

It's exactly like the Palantír of Orthanc from LotR. You can see through it to gain information, but Sauron is always looking through it to see you.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

They should just be honest and call them NSA goggles.
Google glass is just the precursor to my above post,where you get your optic nerve hacked,wifi style,without consent of course.

edit on 27/2/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: extra letters added

edit on 27/2/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just want to point out that I posted this hours ago today.

Link

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Link

my understanding is that it is all right to have threads discussing the same subject in different forums.
i could be wrong, if so sorry.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

That is partially correct. BAN (Breaking Alternative News) is a special exception to the duplicate thread/topic rule on ATS. The other occurence of this topic is outside of BAN, so everything is kosher.

edit on 27-2-2014 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

andy06shake

What do they expect to find other than the occasional person spanking there monkey?
LoL
edit on 27-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

You know what...i reckon those poor sods tasked with skimming through these captures are probably going to be scarred for life.

They'll probably never have the stomach for a normal sex life again...can you imagine being forced to watch millions of people, tossing off for 8 hours a day, every day?! That's bound to have an effect on sanity, it has to.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
you know what my solution for web cam and mic would be if i had them.

place a picture of a anus in front of the cam, and a recording of continuous fart noises next mic.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Link

oh noes! you wont get all the stars and flags! what was the point of your post? discuss the topic man.

this sort of thing is starting to get absurd, but i think the more absurd thing is people are not REACTING. the government have got what they wanted, they can tell us ANYTHING now and the masses are so de-sensitized to it they keep getting away with it. we need to take a leaf out of the arabs / eastern countries playbook here and actually step up and do something.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Maxatoria
If any of them were under 18 and getting their bits out the person viewing them could be technically done for viewing CP as its illegal to have a sexual imagine of anyone under 18 with the only exception being people 16-18 who are in a serious relationship/married

That happened in Massuchusetts. A school made a bulk purchase of Apple laptops for their students. The security settings of these laptops were setup so that webcam images were taken and send to a central server. Teachers discovered the directory on the server and found it entertaining to see what their students were doing out of school. Then they forgot about this "secret" and started reprimanding students for their behavior at home, and that blew the WebcamGate case wide open:

en.wikipedia.org...

"The lawsuit was filed after 15-year-old high school sophomore Blake Robbins was disciplined at school, for his behavior in his home."

" In one widely published photo, the school had photographed Robbins in his bed."

"In July 2010, another student, Jalil Hasan, filed a parallel second suit. It related to 1,000+ images that the school snapped surreptitiously via his computer over a two-month period, including shots of him in his bedroom."

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

therealguyfawkes

3u40r15m
it doesn't say any arrest where made. And with that many images I'm sure they found some incriminating evidence. Really no big deal though, they listen to your phone calls and you still use phones.....

Are you suggesting that it's "really no big deal" the government is violating the law and the Constitution to invade your home and spy on your every move? Yeah?

My friend, if you came home from work or school to find a thief rooting through all your belongings, you would freak the # out. But that's what the government is doing EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Realign your perspective, because it doesn't compute.

It doesn't bother me at all...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Government Creepiness Head Quarter - UK branch

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
think this is bad they have had cameras in your tv boxes for years for marketing purposes of course
type it into youtube

this is why i will not have a webcam and take everything apart when it is new

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

3u40r15m

It doesn't bother me at all...

That's certainly your choice.

And it's our choice to keep giving a damn. Don't worry, we'll keep fighting to preserve your God-given freedoms... even if you can't be bothered.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

My laptop, annoyingly, has a webcam built in. I despise it, it feels like a little eye constantly staring at me. I felt like maybe I was acting paranoid when I put a little square of duct tape over it. Well, as it turns out, maybe not.

Duct tape has a million and one uses.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
GCHQ has naked pics of me? Yay i feel so wanted

edit on 27-2-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i have cigarette foil over my laptop and desktop monitor cameras have for a long time now. the reason is simple, i noticed that the microphone kept "turning on", i would make sure i had it turned off and set all levels to 0, yet after awhile i would notice sound from my typing or if something hit the case, and would increase in volume over time. when i would check, the mike was still set to "turned off", but that the "sound levels" had moved up, which should not a) be able to happen on it's own, and b) if it's turned off why does it still have power no mater what the "levels" are set at. this ticked me off but i thought it must be a glitch in the system. but i took the precaution of blocking the camera anyway, since i figured if the mic was doing it how about the camera. i was glad i did when i purchased a new laptop, from a different company, with the new operating system, and sure enough after awhile the SAME THING started to happen. now i am even MORE glad i took that precaution.

i have been tempted to take my lap tops and computer monitor apart and install my OWN solid state switches on the wires for the cameras and mic. i would suspect though that when going through security at airports it would cause me problems since they normally make you take them out and the switches would be obvious. might still do it with my desktop monitor tho.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

setting on flash player my have something to do with it.
go to control panel and click flash player icon, camara and mic , check block all sites from using camara and mic.
then with a player open right click and chose, the second tab, which should be privacy settings, check deny.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I remember being laughed at when I got my first laptop with a built-in camera and promptly slapped a piece of electrical tape over it. I got called all sorts of snarky names when I told the laughing folks that it could be turned on remotely. They asked if I had left my tinfoil hat at home.

Teeeheeehee! (That's the sound of me having the last snarky snicker. :hey

And just last night I heard that Google is buying up thermostat manufacturers to build their "smart thermostats"---giving them complete knowledge of what's going on in your castle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join