It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of those against the proposed AZ law (regarding gays)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

neo96

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

Unless your a smoker or gun owner.

That applies to 'everyone' but them.

I don't know what you're talking about. Is there a law in AZ that says business owners can discriminate against Gun Owners and Smokers??

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ausername
Colored section, colored bathroom, colored water fountain, no Negros allowed, No blacks allowed, We don't serve N_____!

This was America not long ago.

Slippery slope.

Freedom must be protected on both sides of these issues, except where it is being applied out of hate, or discriminatory bias.

Freedom is the only choice.

The very idea of protected classes elevates the rights of some over those of others. That itself violates the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

doubletap

mOjOm

So no, actually you can't refuse service to someone just because you don't like them.

The civil rights act is a joke in an of itself. Government has no Constitutional authority to dictate who I must do business with.

Sure you can, just dont state that particular reason.

Countless business owners do it very frequently.

The fact that they cant explicitly state the reason is a violation of their rights.
edit on 26-2-2014 by doubletap because: (no reason given)

They may do it and also get away with it, however if someone calls them on it and they go to court and can't give a valid reason for not serving them, then they are breaking the law. If they have a valid reason, then they have the right to refuse service. Simple really.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I don't know what you're talking about. Is there a law in AZ that says business owners can discriminate against Gun Owners and Smokers??

Seriously ?

For the last 20 years both have been kicked out of public business's.

link   
reply to post by doubletap

It's not about Gay Versus Straight Rights, it's about Human Rights. And we are as much of a Human

The Hypocrisy is the same people who want the Government out of their business want the Government to install Protection for Discrimination.

The Business owner selected to open a Public Business. he still has all his Personal Rights and freedoms, he can believe whatever he wants, but the "Business" is not a person

link   

mOjOm

Buffalo Wild Wings is well known for having signs on their front door stating No Firearms Allowed.

Such is their right since it is their business. The same as business owners should have the right to post signs stating Gays Not Welcome.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by mOjOm

Seriously ?

For the last 20 years both have been kicked out of public business's.

Really???? I've never heard of that. I know you can't smoke inside businesses but I've never heard of anyone being refused service before. I've never even heard of the gun owner being refused. But I don't live in AZ either.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Darth_Prime

The Hypocrisy is the same people who want the Government out of their business want the Government to install Protection for Discrimination.

The Business owner selected to open a Public Business. he still has all his Personal Rights and freedoms, he can believe whatever he wants, but the "Business" is not a person

Are you serious with the Protection For Discrimination crap? They want to exercise their rights, and to not be penalized for doing so. That isnt protecting discrimination.

I noticed you didnt answer my question, so I will ask it again.

Are the rights of gays more important than the rights of business owners?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

doubletap

mOjOm

Buffalo Wild Wings is well known for having signs on their front door stating No Firearms Allowed.

Such is their right since it is their business. The same as business owners should have the right to post signs stating Gays Not Welcome.

No firearms allowed isn't the same thing. You can't take your Gay off and leave it in the car like you can your gun. Plus a gun is a weapon and I don't think we have the ability to Shoot Gayness at some innocent patron and kill them with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Or we can do like this Pizza shop did.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

mOjOm

doubletap

mOjOm

No firearms allowed isn't the same thing. You can't take your Gay off and leave it in the car like you can your gun. Plus a gun is a weapon and I don't think we have the ability to Shoot Gayness at some innocent patron and kill them with it.

So a business can over-rule/discriminate against a Constitutional Right?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think this law is awful. People always use religion as an excuse for intolerance. It is awful in all of its forms. To me it seems that someone that would actually discriminate against gay people are using the same mentality that resulted in this nonsense link of nonsense and hiding behind religion to justify it. That's my take on it.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It is protection for discrimination, they want the law in place to protect them from lawsuits allowing them to discriminate.

i did answer you, the "Owner" deserve the same right to exist as anyone, but the "Public Business" is not a person.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

beezzer

mOjOm

doubletap

mOjOm

If it helps you understand Beezzer think of it as a dress code where certain attire is not permitted. The gun accessory is not permitted you know much like how it has been throughout history especially in the wild west entire towns didn't permit it.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

beezzer

mOjOm

doubletap

mOjOm

There are certain places where Weapons aren't allowed even when it's legal for you to carry one, yes??? I'm not familiar with the gun laws to know what all the rules are but I doubt you're allowed to go everywhere while packing heat. Like a court room or school for example.

Also, nobody is taking away your right to own a gun, they just don't want it inside their business. Ya know, cause weapons in bars for example may be stupid idea. They don't refuse service to you, they just want you to leave you weapon outside their establishment.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Tusks
Should Halal and kosher butchers be forced to prepare/sell the pork I want?

Should Christian greeting card companies not be allowed to refuse to make what they consider perverted or lascivious or vulgar cards?

These are not the same. There are no religious conditions that reasonably allow you to deny service to gay people. There are no special ingredients to making a wedding cake for a homosexual ceremony that sets it apart from a heterosexual couples ceremony. There are no special ingredients used in any item that one has to add to make it suitable for homosexual use. The only thing required on the part of the business owner is to cough up the goods at the same price everyone else pays.

In pure theory the market would ultimately pummel these businesses into extinction. In the real world, history has already shown that this is not the case. People are just too irrational for these types of matters to make the theoretical market forces work. It simply comes down to this, if you want to decline service to a homosexual customer you just simply decline the service in the same manner and for the same reasons as you would anyone else.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yo!

Discrimination is Discrimination.

No matter how one tries to 'justify' it.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Darth_Prime

It is protection for discrimination, they want the law in place to protect them from lawsuits allowing them to discriminate.

i did answer you, the "Owner" deserve the same right to exist as anyone, but the "Public Business" is not a person.

Are you actually stating that gays have a right to do business with any business they want? There is no right to freedom of association with the business owner? One cannot be compelled to do business with anyone, that is a fundamental of property rights of the business owner.

The public business is an extension of the owner, therefore subject to the same protections in terms of rights as the individual owner is.

I routinely deny service to people at my business. It is my choice, my capital, my risk, and my property. Does that anger you?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

mOjOm

Also, nobody is taking away your right to own a gun, they just don't want it inside their business.

BINGO.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Do we need laws that say what you can and cant do on this level?

You realize where this train ends right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join