It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's no evidence that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

radkrish

uncommitted

radkrish
UFOS= unidentified flying objects.. with intelligent characteristics

I can´t believe people still arguing over whether these objects are intelligently controlled. Damn, they are!

No, it does not mean they are intelligently controlled. There are God knows how many youtube videos that have fairly much been shown to be a plastic bag caught in the wind that 'appears' to be moving in a controlled way. In a similar way, Venus and other heavenly objects have also been found to be the actual root cause.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to make the definition - it's something in the sky and you don't know what it is.

You are only talking about those weather balloon cases. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that many objects that invade the air space are indeed under intelligent control.

Courtesy:
´The UFO experience´ by J.Allen Hynek
´Revelations´ by Jacques F. Vallee.

Credible people have put tons of time, research and effort to come to this conclusion. Its not merely my opinion.

As ZetaRiculian has put - they are still opinions. Everyone is entitled to them, and also to write books based on their opinion - as are other people entitled to both buy the books and use them to formulate their own opinion........... but it's still an opinion. Measuring someones credibility based on their qualifications/experience is great, but as there is no benchmark we have to say something like "We have cast iron proof of ET visitation and we can use that as our benchmark against which to measure other sightings", then great, but we haven't (well, we haven't that we are aware of at least), so we can't.

I'm as open as most people to Extra Terrestrial life, in fact I agree with most people that it's a statistical probability. Intelligent/sentient life? Sure, arguably at least 99% of life on earth has a degree of intelligence. Intelligent ET life that has visited the Earth? I don't know as we have nothing I would consider proof.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Most of us-airmchair experts have a tendancy to formulate our own opinions based on..huh..armchair expertise! Yet it does not take away the credibility or truth of what these people who have actively researched this subject for decades have done and are doing so.

Have they formulated a theory..Yes. Are they an inch closer to the truth? Absolutely. Have they proved it? Yes and No. No amount of proof is enough to convince people nowadays as its the norm here at ATS. By restricting ourselves to material proof, we are only getting ready to be disappointed time and again. We require proof. But whatever is driving this phenomenon doesn't give a clue about what we are dealing with.

These ufos are unpredictable in nature. That is to say, they are more of a paraphysical phenomenon. But to exhibit these things, to challenge the law of physics, intelligence is a necessity. Not that they are aliens, but they are a form of manifestation of consciousness either known or unknown to us.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

In the book I just finished reading about our robotic/probes successes of our Solar System, scientist now think there are about 130 million habitable worlds in the Milky Way galaxy. That's an awful lot, they didn't speculate how many may have life.
edit on 26am28am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There's a big difference between labeling yourself a skeptic and being skeptical. There is also a big difference between being open minded and being skeptical. I prefer to be open minded and look at the actual evidence and data and eyewitness reports. If you label yourself a skeptic before even looking at the data, that's a bit premature, don't ya think?

Evidence also comes in many forms and it all needs to be looked at. Radar reports, eyewitness reports, photographs, videos, classified documents, military reports of all kinds, such as personnel reports, incident reports and so on.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Skepticism doesn't mean you have to label a person that has looked at the evidence and has reached a different conclusion than you have as gullible or they have a lower standard than you have. That's not skepticism, that's blind belief.

No, its neither skepticism nor blind belief, not sure how you figure out a person calling another gullible for coming to a different conclusion a blind believer or it being a blind belief instead of an attempted insult or an honest opinion taken as an insult.

As a skeptic, I would never say that there's no evidence for Bigfoot or that anyone that has reached a different conclusion than I have has to be gullible.

You missed a major point and that being not the conclusion one comes to but how one weighs the evidence which in turn gives them their conclusion.

Everyone that disagrees with their conclusion is gullible and they have a low standard when gathering evidence.

Not gathering, we have the internet, how hard is it to gather information?

Its weighing that info and seeing what has value and what doesn't that counts, some have better scales so to speak some have scales that give false readings and some have scales which are clearly broken.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

data5091
reply to post by uncommitted

In the book I just finished reading about our robotic/probes successes of our Solar System, scientist now think there are about 130 million habitable worlds in the Milky Way galaxy. That's an awful lot, they didn't speculate how many may have life.
edit on 26am28am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

There you go, but this thread isn't 'just' about life is it? Look at it this way, there are millions of types of life on Earth, many still with us today pre-date human life. How many of them have been to the moon or have shown any inclination to do so?

My point really is that speculation of life elsewhere is logical, it's statistically probable. How much of that life would comprehend life not on their world, and how many would have the means to leave their own world? That is a key question that at the moment we have no proof that would allow us to answer.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Theres no evidence that man stepped on the moon. Unless that video they show is real evidence. Nasa shows what they want, and they keep secret what they want.

We are told that the pyramids were built in 20 years. According to the number of blocks that consists of the great pyramids, calculated into 20 years, the answer is this. ANS: They stacked 1 block every 2 minutes, non stop- 365 days a year, for 20 years straight. Thats the actual math. This is without counting the Quarrying of the block & the miles they had to transport the block.

So there is NO Evidence that man built the pyramids in the time frame that we are told. Yet most people believe it without batting an eye.

I believe what I see with my own eyes. Not what I'm told to believe by power structures who claim only they can form reality.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You can say this if you stick your head in the sand and ignore all of the photos, videos, abduction cases, radar cases, ancient writings, U.F.O. sightings described in the Bible, eyewitness accounts from high ranking officials, exoplanets, extremophiles, growing evidence for Panspermia and more. I was just watching a debate and the skeptic said, there's no evidence that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred. You hear this a lot and you have to wonder are they living in an alternative universe where none of the above things have occurred?

none of the above are evidences for ET visitation, however can be interpreted as such.

There's MOUNTAINS of evidence to support extraterrestrial visitation.

No, there are mountains of evidence to suggest based on ones interpretation of the evidence at hand that ET has or is visiting.

You interpret info one way and others another way, evidence gathering and weighing up that evidence can be taught but do all ATS members use the same method of research that is accredited or do we each have our own ways of researching, some that are professional researchers that use proven research methods and others that simply do so by reading opinions and reports/blogs on the net and classify that as research.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Like I said, that's fine if the skeptic reaches this conclusion but you can't turn around and say there's no evidence to reach an opposite conclusion.

If there was the skeptic would have come to the same conclusion.

Again, you can stick your head and the sand and say there's no evidence of extraterrestrial visitation but again that's your conclusion. The sad fact is, you're so wrapped up in what you believe, you can't accept that others look at the mountains of evidence that frankly, you sound like you don't read and they come to a different conclusion.

This is what the searchfortruth wrote

We have evidence of UFOs, but we have no evidence of who or what pilots them.

and you talk about others being blinded.

The problem is, the skeptic doesn't even want to accept the fact that there's evidence to reach a conclusion that's different than theirs. So they have to say there's no evidence.

If there was evidence of ET visitation how could a skeptical person dismiss it, they can dismiss claims of ET visitation when they see no evidence for it, you see evidence for so its how you weigh up evidence vs how others do.

This is what we do as human beings. But the UFO skeptic says, stop being human and stop weighing the evidence. It's stupid.

No skeptics are saying exactly the opposite and that is carefully weigh up the evidence presented.

How are you scales, off by bit or completely broken?

The UFO's that we see in pictures and videos are the similar objects described by abduction cases and close encounters. These are the same crafts described in trace evidence cases.

If you don't want to see a connection, that's fine. But I see an obvious connection and I've reached the conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred based on the available evidence.

The sad thing is, some skeptics can't accept that others use common sense and logic to do what humans do all the time which is weigh the available evidence.

Yep broken scales, two apples look similar but one can poison you because its rotten on the inside and the other give you nutrition as its fresh.

If similarities is some to make conclusions on then enjoy finding your truth.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

At the end of the day it's just your belief and nothing more and that's fine. Like I keep saying though, some skeptics are so insecure about what they believe they have to try to define what conclusions others may reach.

Similar to this thread then only vice versa

It's not enough that you've reached a different conclusion, you want to make it seem that nobody can reach a different conclusion than you.

Thanks for giving us a reason for you posting this but most had already figured it out.

edit on 26-2-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There is no evidence? Wow...

Do you even know what the word evidence means? The word evidence is not the same as proof. I won't even bother to read your wall of text with a topic title like that, as it has debunker written all over it.

Seriously if you don't think there is evidence, you might have brain damage, or have done absolutely ZERO research. The pile of evidence is stacked miles high. What a sad place this forum has turned into, so many debunkers, not enough people genuinely interested in the topic.

Ask yourself this question TC. What the hell am I doing here?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
S&F OP!

The best evidence/proof (for me) is what I have seen and experienced with my own two eyes. How this thing caused time to stand still for those around me, turning them into statues as I watched with wide-eyed wonder (and scared beyond belief)!!

A person will never convince another that what they experienced on a personal level is true beyond a reasonable doubt . It's something each individual has to experience for themselves.

It is good to know that some people are, at least, open-minded enough to entertain the possibility.

But, as for me, I believe! NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think there is more than enough evidnce that something odd is flying in our air-space. Could it be ET? Off course it could, but it could be a number of other things too.

What bugs me, are the people that refuse to believe that there is evidence that some ufos defy explanation.

I was listening to a ufo debateon you tube with Seth Shosta. He said something that really, for me, shows the ignorance that is out there regarding ufos. The speaker brought up the cases where ufos were seen near nucular sites. Seth Shosta reply was about as stupid as you can get. He said " you did not hear about the romans coming into contact with ufos around their weapons pile" saying this with a chuckle!

I mean, here you have an intelligent man saying something as stupid as this! Of course there is a huge difference. Swords and shields can't destroy the planet. The weapons we have now can, an could most prob damage alot of alien races out there.

The problem is, you have the skeptics society. You have these conferences where people pay, just to listen to a group of people debunk stuff. Its kind of turned into a cult, a new age religon you could say. You take debunking away from these people, and there is not much left.

I am not saying all skeptics are like this, because there are plenty who will say that they believe some ufos defy explanation, but thatdoes not mean ET. And thas the right way to look at it.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There is plenty of evidence that UFO's and alien beings HAVE visited Earth on multiple occasions. You say that a police officer has to have evidence to solve cases - this is true. So for me the Roswell Incident in 1947 has so much evidence included that it would overwhelm any jury put together. Additionally evidence can be anything apart from hearsay which is often dismissed in court.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Actually I think there is much more evidence that aliens have visited our planet than that Jesus called the Christ lived. The nature of that evidence, now...for example, as I understand it, evidence for the historicity of Jesus is limited mainly to hearsay. There certainly are no photographs pr physical evidence, and official records are scant

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

"One would think that in the last 6000 years or so we would have something that is actually alien to prove that they have been here or are still here, but we don't. Everything we have in all that time has either been a socially engineered phenomenon or purely human interpretations that something is alien.

Can you direct me to proof that is totally alien in nature so I can agree with you?"

The Roswell case, for one. The physical evidence that we know of that consists of fragments of metal from a crashed object (handled by a number of eye witnesses, some of whom reported via death bed confessions on the veracity of same), alien bodies (whether from other planets or other dimensions, no one who knows will say), etc.

The Rendelsham forest case, for another. Numerous incidents of military pilots prior to 1960 disappearing without a trace while pursuing UFOs...a whole village full of people in Canada disappearing along with the bodies in their cemetary...The Stan Romanek case, where he has written out various physics equations in his sleep that appear to be on the cutting edge of quantum physics despite having no background in the field...it goes on and on...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Woodcarver

"well i think there could be a fair case layed out that some ufo's could be unmanned drones. That could explain the high speed maneuvers that have been documented many times. I too am about half convinced about actual alien visitation. When you include the ancient scriptures of many religions and add all the evidence leading up to today it does make a very strong case. I think i am waiting for that one unquestionable event though, whatever it may be. I am a skeptic at heart. But i do want to believe."

Just by the way, recent advances in theoretical quantum physics suggest that there may be ways of eliminating the effects of inertia inside a moving craft by altering the electromagnetic fields such that there would be no effect upon occupants inside a craft caused by sudden, ultra fast movements. I'm not any type of scientist by any means, but I find these studies fascinating and illuminating of possibilities for the behavior of potentially extraterrestial craft or for their presence so far from a speculative home in some other galaxy, etc...I'm just sayin'....

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LogicalRazor

"There is evidence people are seeing things, feeling things or think they're seeing things. Actual evidence of alien visitations that stands the test of the scientific process? None. Zilch. Zero. That is what it comes down to. If you ignore that, you are not seeking the truth, you are seeking a belief. You.....are doing what religions do. Truth & science demands actual evidence. Not hearsay. Not stories. Not unreliable human witnesses."

I'm afraid the statement that there is no actual evidence of alien visitations is simply not correct. There is plenty of actual evidence. Just take the Roswell case as one example. There is multiple evidence for material that was far too advanced to be of earth origin, there is multiple evidence of alien bodies, and of the survivor of at least one alien being from that crash (or, perhaps I should say, crashes, as some believe there was more than one crash at Roswell). Have these been made available to the public, or will they--perhaps, ever--be made available to you or I for review? Probably not. Review the evidence in totality as it stands today--a massive amount of documentation--and one can come to no other conclusion.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

"Intelligent life is also out there too with us as proof that it does happen, but many take a huge leap to say that life is common in our universe to assume that also means advance life too and even intelligent advance life is common too. And not only common, but have the ability to travel impossible distances and find us on our little planet.

That is asking for a lot, don’t you think?"

I just want to counter the notion of "impossible distances." What we have previously considered to be impossible distances of space to travel, and what many people still consider as such, which in point of fact remains so, may not remain so for long. Theoretical physicists have constructed theorems that demonstrate ways to travel vast distances in space that do not include relativistic travel. For example, the concept of faster than light travel has been demonstrated in theory by discovering new ways of understanding quantum physics. Also, wormholes or ways to 'fold' space to shorten the distance between two points in space--no matter how far apart--have been outlined. So it is quite possible that it is not asking that much for beings far more advanced than we are, although it may be asking a lot of us at the present time.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
300,000 reported sightings a year. Then you have all the unreported sightings.

People will only believe if a man in a suit comes on the tv and says "Aliens exist. Sorry about not telling you, we thought you'd panic".

Trouble is, this is never going to happen unless they are dragged kicking and screaming. .and even then, just look at the NSA.. continued to lie, then finally begrudgingly admitted it.

I don't enter these debates now..as I know they exist.. it is utterly futile for debunkers to try and say otherwise.

A Russian prime minister admitting their existence, Canadian MOD pushing for disclosure.. I could list hundreds.

What is interesting is the testimony of Simon Parkes who in the video Alien Agenda - What they don't want you to know, shows official badges worn by specific black ops.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join