It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring Ecstatica!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
WOW, this has been the longest winter of my entire life! I don't know about any of you, but I really didn't think I was going to make it through alive!

Just when I thought the snow would never stop and the sun would never shine bright ever again, we are granted with a beautiful 40 degree day -- Sun Shiny and everything! I had quite literally "forgotten" what this kind of weather felt like. The cold becomes a part of you when you're exposed to it too long

First time in months I got to drive with my window open again! +
And not wear a bulky claustrophobic furry coat! +

If you're from the north you would understand, driving with your window open again for the first time of the year is kind of a big deal, 'specially if you're in a pick up truck
40 degrees right now is just as good as a hot summer day. I'll take it. Oh, And I got to ditch the bulky, claustrophobic, furry, down Eskimo coat! +

Maybe there is hope for the future. So long as we don't get flooded by the massive heaps of snow surrounding us... There's still 8 feet of frost in the ground :/ ..No where for the melted snow to go.

But that's ok

I'll take flooding any day over winter. ANY day. I'll just get a canoe out if it comes to it. I like canoes

And water

Speaking of canoes, these lakes need to open, like NOW

Well, this thread goes out to my friend spring. Yay spring! I'm so glad you're here (hopefully to stay but I won't hold my breath on it!)

ETA: I has spoken too soon
Just read after posting this: Snowstorm from late tonight till tomorrow night, with blizzard conditions and accumulations of 8-12 inches...

Um..

....Noooooooooooo.
How dare you, mother nature, how dare you. Lol

edit on 2/19/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

lol, this has been the mildest winter I have EVER known here in SW France.

Frost on ONE morning and now mid february the flowers are blooming.

Crazy! but I love it. About this time last year I was isolated out here in the sticks with deep snow all around. Today....the sun was shining and I was in a T-shirt..ha ha!

You must have got our share this winter.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Must've! You can have it back for next year Mkay? Kinda like passing the Olympic torch! Except not as warm and not as fun-sounding.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Yep same here in the UK winter has hardly happened this year , I was expecting a repeat of last years Arctic conditions but it looks like our friends in the US have taken one for the team ...cheers guys

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I just Wikipedia'd "Curling" last night. I wanted to figure out what the hell I was watching over in Sochi.

Although I know little about the UK (and quite honestly don't get your guy's sense of humor - at all) and I have never actually met a British person in real life before, it seems Canada dominates you all over it. LOL Canadians! Way to take one for the team *smug face*

that was a terrible come back and mostly irrelevant but that's all I got lol
edit on 2/19/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join