It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment Researchers To Be Placed in U.S. Newsrooms.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Wolfenz

Is an agenda alright, concocted from decades ago, but why it has taken this long? because back in the days people use to have backbone and used to hold government responsible, it takes time to used propaganda to brain wash new generations, one generation at a time until is not longer opposition.

Ever see a movie called NETWORK 1976 ??

Network (1976) - Peter Finch - "Turn off the Tube"

Network (1976) - Peter Finch - "No More Bull#"

Network (1976) - Peter Finch - "You Have the Power to Stop Them"

Then it came
Network (1976) - Ned Beatty - "The World is a Business"

The new Mr Beale
NEWS ANCHOR COMPLETELY LOSES IT FOR THE BEST POssible reason

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Another paranoid move by our control freak Dictator. This move is the attempt to gag talk radio shows.

Everyone should be pissed at this move to squash anything anti Obama the media may say about him, or his agenda.

This is a direct attack on Freedom of Speech. Next, will come the arrests for talking about certain subjects. Programming your kids to turn you in to the speech police if they hear you talking about certain subjects.

Did we learn nothing from Nazi Germany???

Des

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

WOW, the US is sliding downhill fast. Seems like a form of democratic dictatorship where the ruling class gives the illusion of free elections as well as a free press.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Wait wait! I can predict the results. All the news outlets are great except Fox News. They obviously lie when reporting anything negative towards Democrats.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

RedShirt73
reply to post by skuly

WOW, the US is sliding downhill fast. Seems like a form of democratic dictatorship where the ruling class gives the illusion of free elections as well as a free press.

lmao where have you been? We hit the bottom of that hill and slid another mile on flat ground decades ago.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

We'll agree to disagree and figure we lived very different periods of time during the 1980's in America. Our perspectives are night/day radically different, to say the very least. Almost as if we were different generations all together, but I'm sure you did live through those years, right?

We can all have different takes on the same events though, and as noted, we couldn't possibly be further apart on politics. Particularly that span of years for recent American politics. To each their own.

Actually, no I didn't. I'm only 24. You are talking to someone with an outside perspective who is piecing together why freedom has been subverted to the degree it has. I leave perceptions and appearances out of it, because they always deceive. History shows this to be true at every last turn up to present day. Every time.

I'm just a guy trying to figure out why certain things are happening. Like congressmen buying yachts for their kids birthday parties while combat vets live poor and drink themselves to death and their family members work all day for less than a living wage and then come home to be brainwashed by rich people on TV using psychologically subversive tactics. I'm trying to figure out why we have the largest prison population in the world, the highest rate of drug use, the most rich people, and the strangest mentalities that just do not make sense. It's like every type of person that people are labeled as has been engineered by rich people. It's almost like we are viewed as pawns in a chess game. That's why I stopped playing checkers. I don't think politics really have anything to do with it. Politics are all for show. Nothing real to be found in politics.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Don't know if its been said....but the military (us Army) had PSYWAR officers embedded in newsrooms all throughout the Iraq war....

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I always wondered how a society devolves into authoritarianism - the rise of such governments hasn't always required overt violence against the citizenry. Look at Nazi Germany.

Here, I always thought that an intellectual exercise - but, instead, we see people rather want it - they've inviting more and more government control. And it never stops - the government keep pushing the boundaries, little by little, and people have gotten rather used to it, accepting or even supportive of it.

It's become a staple of mainstream politicians lately, with Senators openly demanding the IRS crack down on non-profit political groups that oppose them, and to censor media outlets - I'll bet if you held a referendum on whether the government should shut down, say, Fox News, that a sizable percentage of people would vote for it - I'd guess somewhere north of 25%.

This can't be leading anywhere good ...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
1930 what? Control..make the populace poor and dependent...then control their health, food, media, commerce,take your guns, remove religion...anything you can believe in. go to war and thin the heard. Kill the internet and give you updates via texts on your phones you cannot charge because there is controlled power.

Tick tock Tick Tock Tick tock...

A generation of fully dependent people is upon us. They do not cook for themselves...cannot fix anything themselves...if it breaks buy a new one and move on...

The media has been controlled for years it is just now they, TPTB, have someone in office with no connections and no ties to anything...a lapdog. No voice. You may have hated Bush and/or Clinton but they had political power. Pull..the ability to push back.

Obama is being led by a leash and suppresses anyone who questions his decisions with the race card. The only thing left is to martyr him and let the US implode...let's all hope that does not happen.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

squittles
I always wondered how a society devolves into authoritarianism - the rise of such governments hasn't always required overt violence against the citizenry. Look at Nazi Germany.

Here, I always thought that an intellectual exercise - but, instead, we see people rather want it - they've inviting more and more government control. And it never stops - the government keep pushing the boundaries, little by little, and people have gotten rather used to it, accepting or even supportive of it.

It's become a staple of mainstream politicians lately, with Senators openly demanding the IRS crack down on non-profit political groups that oppose them, and to censor media outlets - I'll bet if you held a referendum on whether the government should shut down, say, Fox News, that a sizable percentage of people would vote for it - I'd guess somewhere north of 25%.

This can't be leading anywhere good ...

lmao very funny. Well done.
edit on 20-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Lol, I concede to your point, lol.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

lernmore

kosmicjack
It's hard to believe this is real.
Surely news organizations will not submit to this,
and challenge it on 1st amendment grounds? Orwell is rolling in his grave.

Yes, and no.

A, so called, news organization, such as MSNBC, whos "talking points" have already been approved by the administration, and has no fear of reprisal might not have a "problem" with it at all!

Fox, on the other hand...

...Fox on the other hand is safe for now. They serve the purpose of distraction. The Hegelian Principle at work. Thesis. Antithesis. Synthesis. Just like Republican/ Democrat. Look who owns all the major "news" conglomerates. Mostly the same people. Follow the umbrella up and the money trail back to the vault. Anything other than independent news is a form of propaganda.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JackSparrow17

Most independent news is too. Can't rely on others to do the thinking for you. No matter which man you put your trust in, it is still just a man who you are putting your trust in.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The Vagabond
reply to post by beezzer

We are there already. Editorial decisions on facebook are being examined by checking out what kind of things you start typing and then decide not to post.

Slate article on facebook study of self-censorship

This little post here, tucked away on page two, deserves a thread of its own. What a creepy thing for Facebook to do.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You know it really doesn't matter what these monitors do, just being there can influence and intimidate, they aren't just going to be in television newsrooms, radio as well... Maybe the intimidation will be strong enough to get stations to drop shows like Rush Limbaugh etc?

It's the FCC, can't risk losing our license.

They will be seen as observers with a direct connection to the administration.

Fear alone can have powerful impact.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

jjkenobi
reply to post by Wolfenz

Wait wait! I can predict the results. All the news outlets are great except Fox News. They obviously lie when reporting anything negative towards Democrats.

ok go recheck at the fox news x mass cards with the sheep again i just recently posted
they are representing people as sheep

it says in the cards

ohh those card are real and do exist and From Fox News themselves !!

Negative Toward Democrats :: Yup ::
They Love to Slander Democrats and Democrats Usually call them Out .. Sometimes Live

edit on 20-2-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Wolfenz

Is an agenda alright, concocted from decades ago, but why it has taken this long? because back in the days people use to have backbone and used to hold government responsible, it takes time to used propaganda to brain wash new generations, one generation at a time until is not longer opposition.

The Back is Broken with that Patriot Act ... as i said Many times Derived from the Enabling act of 1933 ( Nazi Germany ) and The McCarren Act A.K.A the international Security act of 1950 The Government was Just Gracefully putting Up Fences One By One and Now the they have put up the gate on and just waiting to Close it.. its the Theoretical of How to Catch a Wild Pig Routine I should Say Sheep... insted of pig..

Catching Wild Pigs….A Political Parable
swineline.org...
edit on 20-2-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I''m not surprised of this kind of stuff anymore. The system is sick...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

ausername
Boss, we have a team here working on a NSA story, they have a whistleblower, high ranking. What do I do now?

Send us the names and all the information you have via the secure network and we will take it from there.

Absolutely!!!

This does not sit well...

Basically, all the news stations will be forced to sound like MSNBC

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I wasn't into any political movies when that movie came out but now its my minor in college.

You're gonna make me watch it on Netflix this weekend.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join