It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 5 Years, the 'Oath Keepers' will still be AWOL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I am certain this will be one the few predictions on ATS to come to fruition.

I predict that 5 years from now, self-proclaimed "oath keepers", a group that claims to protect America from its enemies both foreign and domestic, will still not be protecting America from its enemies foreign and domestic. I predict these 'oath keepers' will continue to claim the 2nd amendment as protection from a tyrannical government, while they type nasty comments about their tyrannical government on anonymous message boards. I predict every country on earth will be fighting in the streets for justice, while the home of the brave makes a clever meme. I predict tyranny superior to drones flying of our heads, every call/text/email being monitored, stop and frisks, 50% taxation, unmitigated waste and fraud, zero accountability, 10 clip maximums, forced to pay for millions of illegals healthcare, and on and on; and all the 'oath keepers' will do about is talk tough and collect their pensions.

Land of the fee, home of the cowards.
edit on 18-2-2014 by slunteri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And what is it that you are doing? Or are you one of the "cowards" as well?

If you have better solutions or are a better leader... step up and DO IT or don't and celebrate when/if your prediction comes true.

You can't really bitch and moan about someone not doing something, if you aren't doing it either. JMO.
edit on 2/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by slunteri

and all the 'oath keepers; will do about is talk tough and collect their pensions

I predict that 5 years from now, self-proclaimed "oath keepers", a group that claims to protect America from its enemies both foreign and domestic, will still not be protecting America from its enemies foreign and domestic.

In your opinion, what should they be doing?

They're people like you and me, not supermen. What are you doing to bring the change you want to see?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Boo freakin hoo! Seriously? What have you done about our tyrannical government? Waiting for someone else just like the rest of us to make the first move so that they can be slaughtered and made into terrorists by the media???

Try studying some history! HINT......The Battle of Lexington and Concord. Something called the "taking the moral high ground" comes to mind!

Buck it up cupcake! Things are going to get a whole lot worse. So you can blame everyone else for your problems or do something about them yourself!

What is more cowardly than the people you are complaining about, are people like you whom expect everyone to fight your battles for ya!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Why am I not surprised that the only retort from the people who claim to, took an oath to, trained for, have the logistics necessary for, and get paid my money to protect America from its enemies foreign and domestic is why haven't you done anything?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Why not ask what the military is doing then? This president has turned our country to shambles, he's disrespected and ignored the Constitution, he's killed innocent Americans without a fair trial, he still hasn't proven that he's a US Citizen and where is our Military? He's fired ton's of top Military Brass as well.

In my opinion, the military has been infiltrated and we cannot expect anything from them. They don't know who they can trust and who they can't trust.

But I find it very interesting that you would choose to blame Oathkeepers for lack of action. Do you know what Oathkeeper's means? It means that they will stand by the OATH they took, the same oath the active military took. But most of all, it means they will not turn against the American people.

I'm thinking there's an ulterior motive to you admonishing the Oathkeepers.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Why am I not surprised that the only retort from the people who claim to, took an oath to, trained for, have the logistics necessary for, and get paid my money to protect America from its enemies foreign and domestic is why haven't you done anything?

Do you think we're all Oathkeepers here?

But like I asked, what have you done? You expect things to change while you sit in your chair and complain? It will take much more than the Oathkeepers to bring any kind of change. They need people to stand with them, like you, and many others. And I don't see that happening.
edit on 18-2-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

slunteri
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I have taken no money nor any oath, so you can be surprised now.

I am a stay at home mother who wants a better world/life for her children. A woman who is tired of hearing people complaining that someone else is doing the things they themselves should be doing. I am a wife to a man who works 70 hours a week to provide for his family who gets shafted by the system like the rest of America. That's who I AM. Surprise indeed. My opinion still matters.

Your OP makes it sound like you are all but rubbing your hands together in glee at the thought of America's downfall and the ability to blame anyone but yourself... that is what should have surprised you. Not my retort.
edit on 2/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

There's a fine line between sedition and standing up to a tyrannical government. Hopefully, when and if We the People are forced to react, there will be no doubt in our minds and sides will be taken. Whose side are you on ? Why slander some of the only groups that are stepping up to challenge our police state leaning government ? What group are you a member of that is doing so much more than the Oathkeepers ?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Probably waiting for the government, as a body, to make the first really clear move that even the dumbest can't miss.

If that's what it will ultimately come to, there will be that Lexington and Concord moment, but it has to be the other side who is seen to be clearly the aggressors by enough of the American people that any resistance will have a chance of gaining a decent percentage in support of all bodies, civilian and military.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

seeker1963

What is more cowardly than the people you are complaining about, are people like you whom expect everyone to fight your battles for ya!

If you listen just a little bit differently ... you might be hearing a call for leadership to step up. Just sayin' ...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Do you expect them to rise up and take over the government? Take D.C. with AR15s and hand guns? Thats going to work real well against automatic weapons, jets, tanks, and missiles. I could understand fighting like insurgents, but whoever tried would need the backing of a real army to get anything done.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I predict in 5 years a few people will still be posting about a tyranical government that nobody is doing anything about while, everybody else will continue to live long and happy lives. Unless of course by then we really had tyranny then nobody would be allowed to call the government tyranical. So at least we all know so long as people are free to makes claims of tyrrany that is proof enough is does not exist except in the minds of well, crazy people.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

As soon as anyone tries, they get tarred and feathered by the media. The media can make anyone look like the devil if they want to, and most people are gullible enough to buy it even if they should know better.

So explain to me again how leadership steps up?

After all, the only people the media doesn't take down are the ones who parrot just exactly the right lines. If you want to know whom TPTB like, just take a look at where the media isn't dropping bombs.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
How many of you have joined the Oath Keeper's Civilian Preservation Team? How many even know it existed? Civilian Preservation Team Information

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Snarl

It'll probably be at a rally, where somebody as popular as Beez, steps up to a microphone and enables a willing crowd.

You've gotta admit the government has been a pretty unpopular entity since at least the Johnson administration. It ain't gettin' better and I'm not seeing any light down there in the tunnel (or should I say shaft LOL)

-Cheers
edit on 1822014 by Snarl because: Omitted word

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Snarl

ketsuko
reply to post by Snarl

It'll probably be at a rally, where somebody as popular as Beez, steps up to a microphone and enables a willing crowd.

You've gotta admit the government has been a pretty unpopular entity since at least the Johnson administration. It ain't gettin' better and I'm not seeing any light down there in the tunnel (or should I say shaft LOL)

-Cheers

I'd love to see a guy standing on the side of beezer doing rabbit sign language.
Maybe that guy from the Mandela memorial would be available?
edit on 2/19/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

Snarl

ketsuko
reply to post by Snarl

-Cheers

I'd love to see a guy standing on the side of beezer doing rabbit sign language.
Maybe that guy from the Mandela memorial would be available?
edit on 2/19/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Or the guy with the ash pan and brush working on the pellet droppings?
(I enjoy your posts tremendously, BTW. Sometimes ATS can get a little too serious.)

top topics

join