It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study prooves.. Internet Trolls are sadistic psycopaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I tried to post this in another forum but wasn´t able.. so if this is in wrong section please mods move to rightful place whatever it might be

University of Manitoba made a study what kind of people internet trolls really are.. What they found out is that these trolls have more sadistic, psycopathic, narcistic and machhiavellism traits in them than other internet users.

There were a claim that internet trolls just want to have fun but this new study shows quite opposite. Trolls enjoy hurting other people and get pleasure seeing others to suffer by it and they have no remorse of their actions.

have sent people to shock websites for the lulz.
I like to troll people in forums or the comments section of websites.
I enjoy griefing other players in multiplayer games.
The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt.

Yes, some people actually say they agree with such statements. And again, doing so was correlated with sadism in its various forms, with psychopathy, and with Machiavellianism. Overall, the authors found that the relationship between sadism and trolling was the strongest, and that indeed, sadists appear to troll because they find it pleasurable. “Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others,” they wrote. “Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!”

source

Trolls.. you have been exposed !

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Interesting. I would think most people want to have fun, but sadists do it at the expense of others and may lack some of the "fairness" gene. To disrobe someone in public means having to be seen yourself, and sadists wouldn't care. I don't really know the exact definition of a troll, because I've seen people accused of it when all they are doing is expressing an opinion. A troll is in the eye of the beholder (and poking around in there with a finger for the lutz).

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
First post yay! (Imy first post not threads first post)

On topic:
I don't buy it, sure some trolls are borderline insane but majority are just bored or childish. I used to love trolling online in hardcore mode on battlefield 3 (placing C4 on jets and waiting for team to spawn in them, fly halfway across the map then BOOM).
Are grammar Nazis psycho? I would not think so.
edit on 16-2-2014 by hemogoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
How about the payed shill's ?

I don't see them any different then troll's so I may have answered my own question.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
this was posted yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow it got badly trolled since i was there

edit on 16-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Thanks for this report.

I have suspected this all along and from many years on various forums and chat sites I have come to recognise when posters have multiple screen names.

There's a certain psychology that accompanies it and if you track the trolls they often come from one source. Sometimes if you annoy them on a thread their alter egos will appear as a troll in your next thread or as some pointless argument against your next post. They might put a new location or other distractions but it is easy to recognise them with practice.

Trolls and multiple screen names with various personalities all congratulating themselves and going after those that bruise their ego are most certainly psychological type that fits this report.

The fact that most people have devices that provide new and anonymous IP addresses when logging onto sites means tracking the multiple screen names hasn't been as easy for sites such as ATS.
edit on 16-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

I tried to search this before posting.. thank you for the link i will read what happened there. having a troll as a search words gave a a lot links tho ( no wonder )

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

You call that trolling?! HA! T&C's prevents any legit trolling, so no, no actual trolls flexed their slavering mandibles in that thread.
edit on 16-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Add to existing thread - Closed

new topics

top topics

join