It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conan O'Brien's collection of News Anchors saying 'I Love You' [funny video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
In just under two minutes, the "Conan" team goes through 30 different local news affiliates introducing the exact same segment about love in the digital age using the exact same words.

We all know what copy/paste is in the internet world, but now it has evidently spread to the TV news anchors as well, as shown in the video

Really???????
So much for originality. LOL

edit on 15-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

What is the point in having that many local news stations, if all they do is report the exact same things? I mean, this item seems to be a thinly veiled advertisement for the mobile telecoms market, more than a news item. Now, if one is going to reduce all television news to advertising, why not just fire the anchors, and get more infomercials running?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

TrueBrit

What is the point in having that many local news stations, if all they do is report the exact same things? I mean, this item seems to be a thinly veiled advertisement for the mobile telecoms market, more than a news item. Now, if one is going to reduce all television news to advertising, why not just fire the anchors, and get more infomercials running?

Unfortunately, many 'news' outlets are deteriorating at such a rate. It has me worried for the general public in not only the USA, but other countries around the world too.

I'd say that the reason why they advertise through these 'news broadcasts', instead of going all out with infomercials, is due to the fact that the illusion would be broken if they did do such a thing. People are more likely to tune in and listen to 'news' rather than infomercials.

It seems our modern journalists are nothing more than PR officers...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I think that is a dreadful state of affairs. Getting good information is crucial in these modern times, and it is the responsibility of news agencies to distribute information. If all they do is parrot a script from a central controller somewhere, or copy the hell out of everyone else's news, then the level to which local persons are informed about events suffers, and in a nation like the US, where a recent study showed that a significant minority of Americans did not know that the earth orbits the sun, that is not an acceptable sate of affairs!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Conan has posted a few videos about the blatant repetition of local news channels and a their same exact stories. I have watched a few of his viral videos that were posted online and think that he is doing a great job pointing it out. Another great reason not to watch the news.

It is quite shocking to see and know that there is mainly one source of mainstream news that gets fed down to each individual network station to be dispersed among the brainwashed masses. That is exactly what the people are today...brainwashed. The fantastic thing about this idea is how many people don't even notice and STILL watch the daily news. If they removed their collective butts from their couches and actually became active, maybe the news wouldn't have to be their only source of information.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Guys, it's really not that big a deal. My fiance works for a major Canadian news outlet and this is very common.

All news organizations get their info from the same few wire services. Sometimes a "pack", or story, is picked up by multiple stations and run verbatim despite the fact that they are expected to change it slightly and make it their own.

Usually this only happens with fluff stories since real ones require actual fact gathering and writing. There's nothing spooky going on, just some lazy writers.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Funny and kind of creepy at the same time. You think you have local news stations with segments created for your area, by your own reporters. Nah... just actors reading from the master script, written by...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh, I remember a similar video being posted the other day, which showed various news anchors using the exact same words like this. And it just goes to show you that our news is controlled to some extent. They are GETTING this from somewhere, and obviously are not creating their own content, or even being allowed to present the content in their own way. They are told what to say and how to say it from the top. So if one could control the top, they could control the media.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I said two posts up where they're "getting this" stuff from. Wire services, like Reuters and Associated Press. And they're more than allowed to present it their own way, they're encouraged to. The writers at these stations are clearly just lazy.

There really is no mystery/conspiracy. Information is too instant and easily shared in 2014 to think any one group of people are controlling all of it. It's just logic.

I effectively ended this thread. Let it die.
edit on 16-2-2014 by mysteriousmysteries because: sp.

edit on 16-2-2014 by mysteriousmysteries because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join