It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

world weather / wind map

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Dianec
If this is a map of precipitation not only is England getting hit but it looks like a lot of activity globally. Maybe that's normal but something to watch to see what is/is not normal. With regard to ships lost in this area - I can see that. Can't even imagine being out at sea in that.

The above colored one is a wind map. The College of Du Page page is a water vapor, which is also good for tracking air current movements. Everything in both is always moving. It's just the patterns that are, hopefully temporarily, fubar.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Thanks for the info. I have bookmarked the map. It provides a great visual of climate extremes. Sure doesn't show much over land. Why is that? The images seem to stop at land masses.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

A few thousand years ago Dogger land disappeared into the North Sea in one generation, The last ice age ended in about the same time span. It didn't require CO2 emissions. So we have to assume major climate change can and does occur with repeating regularity. The problem now is you cant just up and move your cattle and plant up less affected areas. We are stuck mentally as well as physically in the same place like having purchased some sort of lottery ticket.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

Yes people back then probably all traveled frequently to get food or go where the weather was hospitable. Now - we have it shipped to us so a big change in mindset. It will be much more difficult for people to migrate today. Of course, people have lived in drought laden areas for centuries for some reason - without migrating, so I'm not sure why they haven't. With flooding and dangerous cold - people won't have a choice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join