It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy, Psychokinesis, Clairvoyance... observations tell us it's real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
According to some experiments done since the 60ties, Telepathy, Psychokinesis, Clairvoyance... all this is possible.

Maybe somebody write an manual how to train this abilities

I.. somehow, always known

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Interesting the first name of a PhD working on it is Cassandra...hehe

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

That is an unfortunate name for a scientist, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Evidence of it all is still rather elusive don't you think?

Government ESP research

During the Cold War, rumors circulated that the Russians were developing an army of psychic spies; in response, the U.S. military created a program to examine whether psychics could be useful in military applications. The program, called Stargate, tested "remote viewers" to see if their feelings and visions were accurate. The research continued for about two decades, ending in the mid-1990s with little apparent success. Finally the CIA took over the program and asked scientists to review the results. They concluded that the psychics did no better than chance, and that the psychic information was neither validated nor useful. Project Stargate failed and was shut down.

LIVESCIENCE

I remember Uri Gellar being on the TV when I was younger and his spoon bending didn't really impress me, felt more like magic tricks.
LIVESCIENCE-Telekinesis

I know If I had the power of mind over matter, I would be in Vegas making sure them Dices make me very rich!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Phage

That is an unfortunate name for a scientist, isn't it?

Only if she knows the outcome of the experiments before hand and can change nothing about it...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

KrzYma I would have liked an overview of the video and your opinions. But that is just me. I just happened to watch this video and enjoyed it actually I would have given you some applause if you worked a bit for it...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

But no one would believe her anyway so what's the point?
www.english.illinois.edu...
edit on 2/11/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

abeverage
reply to post by KrzYma

KrzYma I would have liked an overview of the video and your opinions. But that is just me. I just happened to watch this video and enjoyed it actually I would have given you some applause if you worked a bit for it...

you know, I'm quite a person who listens and think, here is another one interesting subject.
can mind interact with matter ??

can mind interact with matter ??
all he showed, mind can affect the EM field.

double slit experiment and the collapse of interference is overstated, to observe the one or other slit, the detector is "consuming" the energy, one of the waves loose energy so no interference. Yes, observing is changing... but observing without taking energy out... well, there is more in the universe than we know yet.

on the other hand, I'm Star Wars age, may the force be with you !

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Very interesting info! I'm glad research is being done. I've always felt that these 'abilities' are a normal human function, just ignored or ridiculed by most.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

KrzYma
According to some experiments done since the 60ties, Telepathy, Psychokinesis, Clairvoyance... all this is possible.

What about trying with the basics? Chakras, meditation, reiki, observing synchronicity and feeling the energy flow in the body? Root flame and trying to manifest what you are after.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

Of course many of these abilities are totally real, but you have to have personal experience to "know" that for sure. If you don't it's not real to you. To me ghosts aren't real, although I know people very close to me who will swear on the original handwritten bible that ghosts have visited them. I've never seen a UFO, or at least of the alien variety, so I don't know. I haven't seen bouncing orbs. I do know that you can "pick up" or "read out" someone else's memories and traumas, without a doubt. And other stuff.

And I know of at least one "manual" on the subject, although it's actually an intensive course type of thing. And in that one, as with all the good ones, obtaining psychic abilities or experiencing psychic phenomena are not the object of the training, but are by-products.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

KrzYma

I.. somehow, always known
This video was recently posted (January 26 2014) in the science and technology forum so this seems like a duplicate topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I commented on it in that thread. It would be great if someone could use such abilities to snatch the million dollar Randi prize, but I don't see that happening, because, personal experience and all that, not really verifiable to the JREF organization.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

First let people get used to the 32% synchronous manipulation of reality, then you can get the pairs of people that are so connected that they are anomaly by this standard. People have a hard enough time to accept that the 32% synchronous manipulation exists.

Reiki (or any other equivalent intention healing manifestation tool) is a good way to see how sensitive you are and how you can help sensitive people remotely. If you try it on non sensitive people who are having issues, then it might have a temporary bad effect since they have issues buried in them that have not been handled, that might come to the surface.

And people collectively accepting that you can mentally make other people relax on a high level and increase the placebo effect with intention manifestation tool is still a bit off still for the scientific community.

edit on 12-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

First let people get used to the 32% synchronous manipulation of reality,
It's not really 32%, it's the difference between 32% measured, and 25% random chance, which is only 7%, and while Radin claims the 7% difference is statistically impossible if there is no real effect, that claim would only be true if the experiments were relatively free of bias. When you look at the experimental design, mainstream science doesn't see 7% as impossible to achieve with bias as Radin does.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Arbitrageur

LittleByLittle

First let people get used to the 32% synchronous manipulation of reality,
It's not really 32%, it's the difference between 32% measured, and 25% random chance, which is only 7%, and while Radin claims the 7% difference is statistically impossible if there is no real effect, that claim would only be true if the experiments were relatively free of bias. When you look at the experimental design, mainstream science doesn't see 7% as impossible to achieve with bias as Radin does.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

Bah. If they wanted the unbiased truth then they would allow themselves to not be blind. Trying to convince someone that the world is not flat when everything the person is, needs it to be flat. Preconditioning at it's finest. And scientist complain when people think of science as a dogmatic blind religion.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The problem with tests of ESP and meta-analyses of such tests that depend upon establishing a deviation from chance expectation that is statistically significant is that skeptics and believers will argue for ever about the soundness of the statistical analyses that generated an above chance result. Experiments that require statistical analysis may be scientific, but the skeptic can always use unresolved questions over the statistics to reject the result.

A far better approach to establishing once and for all whether ESP, psychokinesis, etc exist are paranormal studies where
1. cheating was impossible in principle because they were carried out long before scientific information became available to provide a possible source of cheating;
2. the matching of the observations to scientific data established long after the paranormal studies were carried out is so exact that it renders statistical analysis of the correlation unnecessary;
3. no alternative conventional explanation exists for why large numbers of the ostensible paranormal observations matched closely facts about the remote-viewed objects that became known to science only many decades after the paranormal studies were published. Chance, lucky guessing and cheating are all rendered absurdly implausible by this degree of matching.

There exists a case study of a rare form of remote viewing that is unique in the annals of parapsychology because these conditions pertained there. You won't find it often discussed because parapsychologists love to talk about their Zener cards, Ganzfeld experiments & meta-analyses that look scientifically respectable because they are modelled after studies in conventional psychology. If you want to encounter astounding (i.e., far more convincing) evidence of remote viewing of subatomic particles - of protons, quarks, QCD strings and superstrings being described over a century ago - then go here and here. Purported remote-viewed atoms of the first 20 elements in the Periodic Table (as well as the element gold) are compared with scientific information about their atomic nuclei and their quark compositions in the section of the linked website called "Remote viewing of atoms". A free PDF version of the author's first book discussing this work is available on the home page.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well, here's my thing with these tests.

If consciousness works at a more intricate level with manifestation, and intention - the state of all people involved with the experiment emotionally - would in essence affect the experiment itself.

Let's say for example, I go in to take the million dollar psychic challenge.

The scientist involved have interviewed thousands of people. None ever truly passing and "earning" the prize. Their disappointment, skepticism, and other emotions could and would effect/block the testing. Their own untapped, un-chanelled latent psychic abilities I do believe, affect the experiment and does much to block others attempts at tapping into the data.

It's the same when my husband takes me to a party and somehow it's mentioned I'm me, and begins to pass me out like a party favor to give "readings." He does it to piss me off! I swear! My success with anyone I sit down with to talk to, is entirely dependent upon the other persons emotional energy/thoughts to having an empath sit with them. Sometimes, I'm just blocked entirely by the other person's own psychic shield. They don't believe in it, they don't know we all have it, and they are what I call often in my journals, or when my husband asks what happened, why couldn't I get a read on that person - "a closed book", or as recently I've begun to call "closed circuits". Simply meaning that they are not open to the experience.

If this seems random, or just off, my apologies. It was just - my thought in reading this thread. My hunch as to why these sorts of tests are unremarkable and vary in showing consistent findings. It has to do with all consciousnesses involved. Not just the one claiming to be heightened in intuition to a degree classified "psychic".

CdT
edit on 14-2-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: clarification

edit on 14-2-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: grammar

edit on 14-2-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
How could someone before world events took place again and again and again

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

sadsad
How could someone before world events took place again and again and again
online pos that came tru while protecting the person's identity

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sadsad

I tried to talk to text. How could a team be made to gather online posts that came true again and again while protecting the identity of the individual
???

top topics

join