It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch Uncovers Email Revealing Top Pentagon Leader Ordered Destruction of bin Laden Death P

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Judicial Watch announced today that on January 31, 2014, it received documents from the Department of Defense (Pentagon) revealing that within hours of its filing a May 13, 2011, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit seeking photos of the deceased Osama bin Laden, U.S. Special Operations Commander, Admiral William McRaven ordered his subordinates to “destroy” any photos they may have had “immediately.” Judicial Watch had filed a FOIA request for the photos 11 days earlier.

The McRaven email, addressed to “Gentlemen,” instructs:

One particular item that I want to emphasize is photos; particularly UBLs remains. At this point – all photos should have been turned over to the CIA; if you still have them destroy them immediately...

Judicial Watch Uncovers Email Revealing Top Pentagon Leader Ordered Destruction of bin Laden Death Photos

Here it is, folks. Your corrupt government hard at work.

Cover up? What Osama Bin Laden cover-up?

It's not suspicious at all that after the "raid," Seal Team 6 members started dying left and right. It's not suspicious that instead of turning over the photos of OBL, the government chose instead to destroy them.

Nope, nothing to see here... move along, move along. Right... just like the government decided to destroy Sandy Hook, when the site of every other school shooting is still standing.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
By providing photos of a deceased Bin Laden to the world the U.S. Goverment would be, in essence, aiding the radical element of the world.

"Free pictures of your venerated Martyr! complements of the nation you want to destroy and it's citizens!!"

I see no need to make pics of a recently croaked U.S. enemy public fodder.

But then again I don't care how or when Mr Bin Laden meet his maker or what he looked like post mortem

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

""Free pictures of your venerated Martyr! complements of the nation you want to destroy and it's citizens!!" that hardly makes sense seeing it was the Govt. that let the world know that they got him on prime time tv ..

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
And yet they create the biggest spying/information gathering machine the world has ever seen!

Seems like they are cherry picking what will be recorded in history.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

""Free pictures of your venerated Martyr! complements of the nation you want to destroy and it's citizens!!" that hardly makes sense seeing it was the Govt. that let the world know that they got him on prime time tv ..

Yes, but you can't put a press release statement on a protest sign and have the same effect as a photo of the bloody remains of a venerated Martyr.

Close your eyes and envision a sea of angry protestors holding signs, posters etc.

Big printed pics., lets says say 3'x4', of Bin Laden's shot all to hell bloody head complete with blood splatter, bullet hole(s), dead glassy eyes, a "murdered by the infidels" image instantly seared into the mind of all that set eyes upon it.
An image to be used again and again from now until ??? as a symbolic evocotive image.

OR

A mob of angry protestors all holding little iphones or whatever electronic devices playing the video where
"the Govt......let the world know that they got him on prime time tv.."

I think the 3'x4' "Bin Laden shot all to hell bloody head complete with blood splatter, bullet hole(s), dead glassy eyes" signs, posters etc being held by the same group will have a greater effect and, for the angry protestors, have more appeal.

But, I'm old fashioned that way

edit on 11-2-2014 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2014 by grubblesnert because: spellin,

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Well if a group wanted to use photo shop and create a pic of a martyr of their choice they could have . I think that even the US govt could be seen as doing just that with the pic's of Bin Ladin getting younger and younger while being on dialyses in a military hospital at the same time .

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

Well if a group wanted to use photo shop and create a pic of a martyr of their choice they could have . I think that even the US govt could be seen as doing just that with the pic's of Bin Ladin getting younger and younger while being on dialyses in a military hospital at the same time .

Or said theoretic "group" could hire a celebrity sketch artist to do one of those big head sketches
(like you see at county fairs and hanging in various resturant lounges) of a martyred/murdered Bin Ladin.
Another option on the "use photo shop and create a pic of a martyr of their choice" idea of yours....

and not any less of a silly notion than photo shop.

P,S, I will not respond to you or other's responses regarding our exchanges after this post. ( not wanting to hijack the OPs thread even though you have provided funny responses which I found entertaining)
edit on 11-2-2014 by grubblesnert because: P.S.

edit on 11-2-2014 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Yep!!

McRaven is one of the subjects of Jeremy Scahill's fabulously horrifying book: Dirty Wars

Dark story indeed.
This 'discovery' doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

When my husband was a young MP in the Army National Guard (sergeant E-5) McRaven was the General; my husband was offered a spot in Ranger's school. He thought it over, and realized he would become unfit for 'normal life' if he agreed to it. I'm very glad he did so.
Those young men are turned into living, breathing weapons. It's a scourge of humanity to do that to people. Then, once their mission is accomplished, they are disposable. Obviously.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

By providing photos of a deceased Bin Laden to the world the U.S. Goverment would be, in essence, aiding the radical element of the world.

That is a crock.

Terrorists already hate us, but destroy them anyways!

Next day the world media shows Gaddafi being beaten and dragged through the streets of Tripoli.

Americans being strung up and burned on the streets of Fallujah.

American Rangers dead bodies being dragged through the streets of Somalia.

Chistopher Stevens beaten, and also dragged through the streets of Libya.

Sorry don't buy that.

Destroying photos definitely they are covering it up.

No proof what so ever except their 'word'.

And their word amount to belly lint these days.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If Obama released the photos of Bin Laden dead people will scream "fake", "photoshopped", "Muslim Martyr agenda".

If Obama released the photos of Sandy Hook people will scream "fake", "photoshopped", "anti-gun agenda".

You can never win.

They made the right decision to not release the photos.

edit on 11-2-2014 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You responded in part:
"Next day the world media shows Gaddafi being beaten and dragged through the streets of Tripoli.

Americans being strung up and burned on the streets of Fallujah.

American Rangers dead bodies being dragged through the streets of Somalia.

Chistopher Stevens beaten, and also dragged through the streets of Libya."

I was unaware that any of the examples given above were either Seal Team and/or offically US Goverment sanctioned and controlled operations.

All of your examples being outside of US Military control.
Carried out by angry mobs, enemy combatants and other radical anti Americans.
Recorded by journalist, the general public and aforementioned angry mobs ect.

you responded to apples with oranges .
Please provide something better

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

The government DESTROYED evidence.

If any of us received a request from a court to produce documents, and we instead destroyed them, we'd be going to jail.

But when the government does it, we're all supposed to shut up and take it?

I don't think so. The double standard in this country is insane. If we can't trust the government to operate according to the rule of law, then we the people aren't bound by it either. The government broke the social contract, so its legitimacy is through. All bets are off. Nonviolent nonparticipation is the only answer left.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Two things,

Firstly this has already been posted in the Breaking political news forum Link

And secondly......

The OP is utter rubbish, let me explain why.

It's not suspicious at all that after the "raid," Seal Team 6 members started dying left and right

Do you have any idea what Seal Team Six actually is, because let me tell you DEVGRU is not a "team" like a Soccer team or a patrol team. DEVGRU is massive it has about 300-600 shooters, 4 squadrons (5 if you include black or 6 if you include the "boat teams") with in these squadrons there are troops and in these troops there are teams thats not even taking into account all of the support elements.

Now i know what you are thinking but you are wrong the guys that took part in Operation Neptune Spear where not on Extortion 117, the guys that took out Bin Laden where drawn from Red Squadron and the 15 guys on the helicopter where from Gold Squadron (my thread).

It's not suspicious that instead of turning over the photos of OBL, the government chose instead to destroy them.

Wow!!!

Just take a step back there buddy,

Your own source says that Macraven ordered the photos to either be destroyed or handed over to the CIA that is not the same as saying the pictures where all destroyed. He probably gave that order just encase any of the shooters tried to keep a photo as a souvenir like they kept Bin Ladens AKMS and his makarov and for that picture to then one day turn up on the front page of the Guardian.

So just so its clear, Judicial Watch is NOT saying that the photos where actually destroyed just that MacRaven issued a order that they were to be handed over to the CIA or handed over to the CIA. That is not the same as saying they destroyed those pictures, most where handed over to the CIA.

just like the government decided to destroy Sandy Hook, when the site of every other school shooting is still standing.

And that has zero to do with Bin Laden and i think it says quite a lot about you dragging those poor dead children into this thread.

Also, this point about the photos has always amused me, most who claim that they faked operation Neptune spear are also the same guys who think that "they" where behind the 9/11 attacks. So that means that you believe that they could conduct what would be the most complex conspiracy ever and keep it a secret but somehow they cant make up a prop of a corpse to look like Bin Laden to show the public. It is totally logical, even if they did provide a picture (which they would never do anyway) you people would probably then tell us all about how it is a fake.

My mind boggles at the ignorance displayed on this thread.
edit on 11-2-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Please provide something better

Sure thing just as soon as someone who said this:

Comes up with something better than word for word White House talking points.
edit on 11-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So they release photos of Saddam, his two sons dead, many other "terrorists" death photos, but they destroy the Bin Laden death photos? That just seals the deal that the whole story is crap and nothing more. I know for a fact that at least a few members of ST6 were wearing helmet cams, so where's that footage?? I doubt that BL is in any of the footage. This is how the US gov works--through lies and deceit. Dirty bunch

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

So they release photos of Saddam, his two sons dead, many other "terrorists" death photos, but they destroy the Bin Laden death photos?

The Saddam video was leaked by a Iraqi Gaurd who filmed it on his phone on was subsequently arrested for leaking the footage, it was not a offical release.

I know for a fact that at least a few members of ST6 were wearing helmet cams, so where's that footage??

Well good for you but unless you can prove that it means nothing.

It was reported at the time that they had helmet cam's that where feeding back live images to Obama but this later turned out to be not true and the video feed Obama was watching was coming from a RQ-180 Sentinel flying overhead.

And if you read Mark Owens book on the raid he even includes a picture of the helmets that where used in the raid, there is no camera visible.
edit on 11-2-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

grubblesnert

"Free pictures of your venerated Martyr! complements of the nation you want to destroy and it's citizens!!"

I see no need to make pics of a recently croaked U.S. enemy public fodder.

But then again I don't care how or when Mr Bin Laden meet his maker or what he looked like post mortem

No offense, but this is convoluted logic. When he was killed they announced it to the world. It was widely known information. What difference would a damn photo make?

Pics or it didn't happen. What makes the government more believable than your average plebeian on the street? If some random guy found him and shot him, then flew back home and bragged about it, you'd demand some kind of visual proof wouldn't you?
edit on 11-2-2014 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

I think history will record the object and reason for over 10 years of war and loss was killed that night...based 100% and entirely on the word of people the nation has watched lie, repeatedly and all too often.

They expect us to believe this entirely on faith when I wouldn't have enough faith in George Washington himself to believe so much, based on so little.

It wasn't even JUST a public problem. The men on the Carrier were kept away and off deck during the most important burial in living American history.

After that, people wonder why we don't "trust" them? I look funny at anyone who would believe such a critical fact with 0 support or evidence.

For all we know this whole email is invented to make us all think pics existed when None may ever have.

Pics or it didn't happen. Never more true than here, IMO.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Interesting how a single e-mail indicating all photos or videos be destroyed or turned over to the CIA
would solidify the Governments BS story. Said E-mail is simply that, an e-mail that means little to nothing.
The individuals receiving said e-mail are more then likely sitting around scratching their heads thinking
what the hell is this about ? We don't have any photos or Videos to destroy.
Per NBC this e-mail was dated May 11th 2011, ELEVEN days after the alleged raid.

www.nbcnews.com...

How many bloody times must we catch the Gov. in outlandish lies before we conclude they are not now,
nor have they ever been truthful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join