It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 of Bloomberg’s Mayors Quit After Gun Confiscation Plan Leaked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This must be the imaginary bogeyman that white alice bleach keeps mocking the crazies about.

What kills me is the nerve. After the sandy hook charade, they are not even trying to be subtle.

But do not panic. I am certain that Carlos the Hero Cowboy will save the day!

# 143
edit on 10-2-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My Mayor is listed as a Member of Bloomberg's group but I don't know if the story is actually based in truth. I mean I see plenty of stories done by Alex Jones that are over exaggerated and slanted to fit his agenda. I will say I do hope it's true because I think Bloomberg and plenty of other gun control advocates are for an outright ban on guns but they know their cause won't have the support if they came out saying that. They know the vast majority of Americans would freak out if they did an outright ban so they are going to gradually keep adding more laws and restrictions against guns until one day we become like Australia, Japan, and parts of Europe. I don't understand why gun control supporters (who say they aren't for extremely strict gun control) always use Japan/Australia/Europe's gun control laws when debating about American gun laws because those laws are much more extreme then what American politicians are proposing right now.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

I find it amazing how members of our govt would remove rights which are expressly given by the constitution.

The 2nd amendment states: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We are given the right to keep and bear arms. In actuality there are 2 rights here. The right to keep arms, as in possess and maintain them in our homes as well as the right to bear arms. The right to bear arms would be, quite simply, the right to have them on our person.

These rights as stated "shall not be infringed. "

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Bloomberg reminds me of that Kids Dad the " Mayor" who ratted out all the Gun Owners in the Town in the Fictional Film " Red Dawn " . He was Shot in the End .....Bravo !@

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Agreed, in this state things are different. I just bought a Winchester shotgun this past year and I have no worries in Missouri about having it or someone coming to take it. I would never sell it.Has the fastest pump action around,really smooth. I couldn't imagine living in a state where you couldn't have any guns. I grew up with them in our house and have a deep respect for them.That was taught by my parents. I was also taught by my father how to shoot it and when not to. People need to stop being afraid of guns,they in themselves pose no danger to anyone. Its unwatched children and criminals that cause all the issues.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In light of this information, I hereby rename MAIG to IMAG, "Illegal Mayors Against Guns."

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Wonder what Bloomberg and his cronies are so afraid of?

If you want'em, come and get'em!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

neo96

he group’s ultimate goal is outright gun confiscation,

That is the ultimate goal of the gun control agenda.

After 70 years of whittling away the second amendment.

That is the end game.

Not only the second amendment, but the whole constitution...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thanks to LadySkadi, I have found that the mayor of the lame-arse small burg that I live in is a member of the group that wants to take away my guns.
Ugh.
edit on bu282014-02-10T19:27:42-06:0007America/ChicagoMon, 10 Feb 2014 19:27:42 -06007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
What kind of con does Bloomberg pull to get this mayors to join in the first place?
Offer money? Access to influential people?
Glad these 50 woke up before it was too late.
Rats jumping ship is a sure sign something is wrong.
Remember mayors, don't go for the cheese!

Same as every other con. You start with something that is acceptable ... such as we want to lower gun violence. Sounds great!

Then when they are in you say SURPRISE! We are lowering violence by taking away all the guns.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Yep. Which is flat out stupid. Taking guns away doesn't lower violence... Why? Because there are other things on planet Earth that kill people besides guns... That's why.

Criminals will find a way to commit crimes, with or without gun. It's just that simple.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

bbracken677

I find it amazing how members of our govt would remove rights which are expressly given by the constitution.

The 2nd amendment states: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We are given the right to keep and bear arms. In actuality there are 2 rights here. The right to keep arms, as in possess and maintain them in our homes as well as the right to bear arms. The right to bear arms would be, quite simply, the right to have them on our person.

These rights as stated "shall not be infringed. "

they have to remove that one so that they can remove the rest.

It is the only bastion keeping the flood gates of tyranny from breaking open.....not trying to be dramatic but I truly believe this

edit on 10-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

Bloomberg reminds me of that Kids Dad the " Mayor" who ratted out all the Gun Owners in the Town in the Fictional Film " Red Dawn " . He was Shot in the End .....Bravo !@

mmmm....yes I do recall that....he was served well by that bullet he ate.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Good thing they came to their senses, shame they were too stupid to have any sense in the first place. Also it's a shame that "coming to their senses" probably just means that their secret is out so they have to save face.

You want to know the most telling part of this thread? ZERO anti-gun people coming in here. Usually anything that's good news for gun owners has the antis coming in here with their one line witless hit-and-run posts. Not this time. Because they have been caught red handed. Their side has been proven to be the gun-grabbing anticonstitutionalists we all know they were.

So where are you, gun control advocates? You keep telling us "gun nuts" that nobody is coming for our guns. That we are paranoid, and we should just be quiet and not take any interest in the violation of our right. You are wrong. Your ideals violate the constitution of this country, and your two-face cowardice is being exposed for all the world to see.

The quickest way to find the biggest idiots in a room is to say "hold your hand up if you support gun control!" None of them will actually be able to explain in any depth or accuracy why they hold that opinion either. Without using false claims and illogical statistical comparisons.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

James1982
Good thing they came to their senses, shame they were too stupid to have any sense in the first place. Also it's a shame that "coming to their senses" probably just means that their secret is out so they have to save face.

You want to know the most telling part of this thread? ZERO anti-gun people coming in here. Usually anything that's good news for gun owners has the antis coming in here with their one line witless hit-and-run posts. Not this time. Because they have been caught red handed. Their side has been proven to be the gun-grabbing anticonstitutionalists we all know they were.

So where are you, gun control advocates? You keep telling us "gun nuts" that nobody is coming for our guns. That we are paranoid, and we should just be quiet and not take any interest in the violation of our right. You are wrong. Your ideals violate the constitution of this country, and your two-face cowardice is being exposed for all the world to see.

The quickest way to find the biggest idiots in a room is to say "hold your hand up if you support gun control!" None of them will actually be able to explain in any depth or accuracy why they hold that opinion either. Without using false claims and illogical statistical comparisons.

I think everyone needs to look up their state and see if their mayors are part of this thing and if so....give their office a call and voice your disgust.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am so tired of these hypocrites like Bloomberg, and Pelosi and her open attitude about "I don't care about YOUR rights and your need to protect yourselves, I know what's best"
Anyway this is a pretty quick read that will tick you off. I seriously hate these p.o.s. People.

frigging Bloomberg

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

SloAnPainful

neo96

he group’s ultimate goal is outright gun confiscation,

That is the ultimate goal of the gun control agenda.

After 70 years of whittling away the second amendment.

That is the end game.

Not only the second amendment, but the whole constitution...

-SAP-

So goes the second so goes the rest.

That is true.

People don't realize is the second amendment holds it all together.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Hr2burn
I am so tired of these hypocrites like Bloomberg, and Pelosi and her open attitude about "I don't care about YOUR rights and your need to protect yourselves, I know what's best"
Anyway this is a pretty quick read that will tick you off. I seriously hate these p.o.s. People.

frigging Bloomberg

I don't see the issue there.....

I don't even know what to say anymore.....their hypocrisy seems to know no bounds and what is so disturbing is it is completely out in the open....they don't try to hide it or cover it up.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Ah... Bait and switch... nice.

I wonder if this initiative was another one of the famous Democratic sales pitch of "we have to pass the bill before you can read it".

If the Democrats were on solid ground with their gun control argument there is absolutely no need to lie / mislead / omit information in order to pass it.

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.

* - Noah Webster (writing under the nom de plume of "A Citizen of America"), An Examination Into the Leading Principles of the Constitution (October 17, 1787).

The importance of this article will scarcely be doubted by any persons, who have duly reflected upon the subject. The militia is the natural defence of a free country against sudden foreign invasions, domestic insurrections, and domestic usurpations of power by rulers. It is against sound policy for a free people to keep up large military establishments and standing armies in time of peace, both from the enormous expenses, with which they are attended, and the facile means, which they afford to ambitious and unprincipled rulers, to subvert the government, or trample upon the rights of the people. The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them.

And yet, thought this truth would seem so clear, and the importance of a well regulated militia would seem so undeniable, it cannot be disguised, that among the American people there is a growing indifference to any system of militia discipline, and a strong disposition, from a sense of its burthens, to be rid of all regulations. How is it practicable to keep the people duly armed without some organization, it is difficult to see.

There is certainly no small danger, that indifference may lead to disgust, and disgust to contempt; and thus gradually undermine all the protection intended by this clause of our national bill of rights.

* - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story in his Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States (1833), vol. 3, pp. 746-747

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
* - Unknown

My personal favorite - Piers Morgan tweets about the 2nd amendment and gets owned in the process by Carol Roth.

Morgan: “The 2nd amendment was devised with muskets in mind, not high-powered handguns & assault rifles. Fact.”

Roth: “@piersmorgan It was devised 4 people 2b able 2 protect themselves w same type of weaponry used by those from whom they might need protection.”

Morgan: “@caroljsroth Where exactly does it say that in the Constitution – must have missed it?”

Roth: “@piersmorgan right next to the word ‘muskets.’”

An armed population = citizens.
An unarmed population = subjects.

edit on 10-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Michael Bloomberg is the enemy of every American who believes in the 2nd Amendment, or freedom in general. He is a power hungry lunatic that needs to be locked up into a mental asylum along with Dianne Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi and their good little lap dog bitch Hillary Clinton.

These people are the enemies of everything that we stand for. Nothing perfect about our Nation, and we have made many mistakes, but nevertheless these kinds of internationalist owned puppets have a mission, and they have been paid for decades in order for them to execute that mission of betrayal against the American people.

Luckily, people are waking up because of the freedom of the internet, and sooner than later, old sell out carpet baggers like them will soon be a thing of the past.

Change is coming, and these old hacks in empty suits cannot stop it no matter how much they foam out of their mouths during one of their orchestrated and fabricated set up interviews from some media stooge that takes his / her orders from some tycoon that wipes bottom feeders like these elected puke bags rear ends because some asshole in D.C ordered him / her to do so.

At the end of the day, it's all about sell outs, back door hand jobs, and self centered pieces of D.C garbage wetting their beaks, while at the same time, living off of us all right in front of our stupid #ing faces. It's a pathetic reality, it really is. ~$heopleNation

edit on 10-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join