It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even the very NAME of the TEA Party is a lie ... or at best a misrepresentation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think the idea is to work together in finding solutions to the problems that we are all facing. In order to do this we need to wake up to the mistakes that we ourselves are making and start forgiving the mistakes made by other Americans.

Divided we fall brother, we are all in this together.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Actually, many local TEA parties (there is no hierarchy or "central national committee" like with the elephant and donkey) are against the trillions in welfare also.

The TEA party was just defeated by the country club set in the GOP when Boehner cut foodstamps ( by 3%) but then didn't cut farm subsidies by the same amount. That was the whole push behind the furor over the farm bill in the House. None of the media covered that event for what it was---most especially Flocks news.

A lot of them are totally pissed, and threatening to oust Boner as Speaker of the House. Or at least rescind his privileges at the club house, or fire his caddy or something.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Devino
reply to post by neo96

I think the idea is to work together in finding solutions to the problems that we are all facing. In order to do this we need to wake up to the mistakes that we ourselves are making and start forgiving the mistakes made by other Americans.

Divided we fall brother, we are all in this together.

Well we aren't going to agree.

IMO it is not the governments function to tax us to pay for our existence so we can go out and buy stuff.

The only reason taxation exists in the fist place is so that government can pay it's own bills, not ours.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

the corporate welfare industrial complex
Sorry, I don’t know what that means.

we spend trillions on them programs like SS and Medicare, and others.
”We”, as in from our payroll taxes. I don’t have a problem with that. My hope is that you and I get to collect many SS checks in our lifetime.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

IMO it is not the governments function to tax us to pay for our existence so we can go out and buy stuff.
The only reason taxation exists in the fist place is so that government can pay it's own bills, not ours.
Sorry to read this. Perhaps you are in the wrong country. I’m not sure you will ever see America become the way you think it should be.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Sorry, I don’t know what that means.

Don't know what the welfare industrial complex is ?

Robbing from one group to give to another group so they can 'live' and go out and buy more stuff.

They are spending money buying things that makes corporates 'richer'.

Social programs guarantee corporations income.

We”, as in from our payroll taxes

The 'We'

Is a person is paying 6% employers match that contribution, that doesn't cover the benefits received.

So they add new people to cover the difference, and other shell games moving money around.

Raising taxes on another group to cover the difference.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Devino
reply to post by neo96

Sorry to read this. Perhaps you are in the wrong country. I’m not sure you will ever see America become the way you think it should be.

Nope not in the wrong country.

That is how this country use to be ran.

And those people who think the opposite is why we have a 17 trillion dollar debt, and adding more by the day.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You forgot to mention the veritable legion of government bureaucrats that the complex props up that are paid cushy salaries, often at least 1/3 again higher than their private sector counterparts who are paying for them to do nothing by push paper, with gold-plated bennies and perpetual pensions that virtually no one in the private sector could even dream of paying out to their employees.

If we cut out the whole management bureaucracy and just cut the welfare recipients a yearly lump sum check, we'd save tons.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't know what the welfare industrial complex is ?
This sounds like an idiom. I’m unclear as to your meaning of these words. "the corporate welfare industrial complex".

Robbing from one group to give to another group so they can 'live' and go out and buy more stuff.
They are spending money buying things that makes corporates 'richer'.
Social programs guarantee corporations income.
I think I see your point and you are right about one thing, we are not going to agree here. That’s okay because we live in a great country where we can say all kinds of things out loud.

edit on 2/7/2014 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
To be fair to the IRS, the Tea Party did try to file "hate speak" as a deduction.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

babybunnies
The followers of the TEA Party love to say that their party was founded on the principles that they are "Taxed Enough Already", and say that this is what the TEA Partiers in Boston were all about.

However, the TEA Partiers in Boston were not actually protesting the LEVEL of taxation. They were actually protesting the fact that the King of England set their tax rates, and that they had no representation in the English Government to counter taxation rulings.

The Boston TEA Party was never about the AMOUNT of taxation. It was about "taxation without representation". From Wikipedia "The Tea Party was the culmination of a resistance movement throughout British America against the Tea Act, which had been passed by the British Parliament in 1773. Colonists objected to the Tea Act because they believed that it violated their rights as Englishmen to "No taxation without representation," that is, be taxed only by their own elected representatives and not by a British parliament in which they were not represented. Protesters had successfully prevented the unloading of taxed tea in three other colonies, but in Boston, embattled Royal Governor Thomas Hutchinson refused to allow the tea to be returned to Britain."

However, the extreme right wing will have their followers believe that they called themselves the TEA Party because they think the levels of taxation are way to high, and they want a smaller Government.

Massive misrepresentation, even just based in the NAME of the organization.

Surprisingly enough I learned this in Elementary School, and JR high, and High School.
iirc they actually lowered the levies on tea being brought into the colony.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

edit on 7-2-2014 by rangerdanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is where the name TEA Party came from:

We don't want to bail everyone else out, top to bottom. If we're paying the bills and doing the things we should in the right way, why should our taxes bail out anyone, business or individual, who made bad choices?

We pay enough in taxes without saddling us with more to keep people from failure.
edit on 7-2-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nope not in the wrong country.
I like your answer but that doesn’t solve the problem. Perhaps you are in the wrong frame of mind then, unless you enjoy being angry and disappointed a lot.

That is how this country use to be ran.
This is not the country it used to be, that’s for sure. I can’t imagine that we could ever go back to the way it used to be with so many people and infrastructures.

I have always contended that the problems reside within ignorance and deception. Educate, unveil and let the people decide.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm just glad the FEMA camps can be put to good use!

Round up all the people that disagree with this administration and lock them up!

*shakes an angry fist!*

Oh. . . . wait. . .

“I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”

― Hillary Rodham Clinton

(I don't want to bunk with her. Please. . . . . )

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

I like your answer but that doesn’t solve the problem. Perhaps you are in the wrong frame of mind then, unless you enjoy being angry and disappointed a lot

Sorry the people who is in the 'wrong state of mind' are those who think it is governments 'jobs' to pay for their existence in this world.

This is not the country it used to be,

Yes it was until the social engineers who claim to fame is the 'belief' in 'evolution' came along, and shown everyone they are the antithesis of it.

I have always contended that the problems reside within ignorance and deception.

Yeah it does case in point some people think it is governments job to 'take care of them'.

It has never been.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

neo96

muse7
Taxed Enough Already!!

But let me collect my Social Security, Medicaid, drive on public roads, send my kids to public schools and use public hospitals!

Do you mean that social security, and medicare that employers, and the rest of us are paying, plus when they don't have the cash to pay for in the first place their go to answer is raising taxes.

Them public roads. that property taxes, toll road taxes, and fuel taxes, and lottery is suppose to pay for ?

Same with them 'public schools' property taxes again pay for those as well as the other taxes already listed.

Same with them TAXES listed previously that all pay for those.

The more value a persons home has the more they pay in those TAXES.

The more money a person makes means they are paying more TAXES by sales, and income TAX.

Yeah people are TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY.

But hey 'mocking the 'TPM' makes people feel better about the endless taxation in this country, and some people are fed up with government taking what they want then go blow it.

Then rinsing, and repeating.

Alrightie then.
edit on 7-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

There was enough money for SS until we had a idiot for a president that emptied it out to pay for two wars because he thought it was a great idea to give tax cuts to his buddies.

Just because a person makes more money in no way do they automatically pay more in income tax. Like Buffet said why does his secretary pay more in taxes than he does? If you choose to buy a Ferrari over a Volkswagen of course you are going to pay more in sales tax because it costs more. And when did the federal sales tax start? All sales taxes are state based.

People that cry we pay too much in taxes have no idea what paying taxes is really like. They should have been around when we paid 80% and more in taxes. And look what happened when we paid that much in taxes the debt was low the economy did great and the middle class boomed.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Question.

Where did the money come from for the very first Social Security check come from?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

There was enough money for SS until we had a idiot for a president that emptied it out to pay for two wars because he thought it was a great idea to give tax cuts to his buddies.

Which idiot would that be ?

Carter ?
Reagan ?
Bush ?
Clinton ?
Bush 2?
Obama ?

Except the last guy created a new program to rob from.

"Over the past 25 years, the government has gotten used to the fact that Social Security is providing free money to make the rest of the deficit look smaller," said Andrew Biggs, a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.

finance.townhall.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

xuenchen

Question.

Where did the money come from for the very first Social Security check come from?

Payroll TAXES.
Stealing the Gold from Fort Knox.

ETA:

And Gold and Silver confiscation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join