It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Koch Brothers: "Some man's sleaze is another man's class."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
so many tax exemptions to those that should not have them. and two of the wealthiest people in this country doing everything
they can to destroy the little people and the environment.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

I am down to playy!

Link

Behold! One of my favorite charts. It shows the history of political parties in congress over the years, including separating moderate and radical left / right.
edit on 07amFri, 07 Feb 2014 03:12:05 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The thing I find most frustrating is their Democratic supporters. Rachel Maddow may be the only person in America with a loud voice even bothering with talking about them and even such, she doesn't bother to mention how their nonsense gets through the Democrat controlled Senate, doesn't call out their Democrat enablers. But enough about her, let's look at the "Farm Bill" set to be signed by Obama today.

8 Billion in cuts to food stamps while securing subsidies to Koch Industries and other corporate pigs that don't need it, lobbied for by Georgia Pacific (owned by Koch).

The Farm Bill continues with 881 Million in mandatory spending per year on biomass subsidies, biomass which has been promoted as clean energy is not clean at all and may turn out worse for the climate than coal. This is a subsidy that directly benefits Georgia Pacific.

• Biomass Subsidies: The Farm Bill preserves $881 million in mandatory spending for biomass energy, a program that Koch Industries’ timber subsidiary Georgia-Pacific has used to to extract government subsidies. Georgia-Pacific applied and qualified for the Biomass Crop Assistance Program for its facilities in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Oregon and Florida. Lobbying reports from Koch Industries show that the company has pressured Congress on the Farm Bill, specifically on the BCAP program. Records also show that Koch Industries executive Deborah Baker asked Department of Agriculture officials to expand BCAP forestry eligibility.

The Bill also ensures that farm and industrial farm runoff is exempt from regulation by the EPA under the Clean Water Act. To me that is outrageous and unacceptable. The entire world is facing a crisis of antibiotic immunity and it's just perfectly okay somehow to allow more into the waterways, not to mention the pesticide runoff as well as the blood, bone etc all the waste from industrial slaughter, right into our lakes and rivers... f'ing gross. Meanwhile a small business person so much as spits near a river and they get slapped with a fine.

New Clean Water Act Exemption: The Farm Bill enacts a measure that ensures runoff of pesticides and other chemicals from forestry sites may not be regulated under the Clean Water Act as industrial pollution. The Farm Bill includes an amendment that would define the “EPA’s treatment of forestry operations as non-point sources of pollution under the Clean Water Act.” A bipartisan group of legislators sponsored the forestry amendment, which Wild Oregon warns will overturn “a recent court ruling that found that pollution originating from active logging roads be treated similarly to other industrial activities.” The group says the amendment poses “a serious risk not just to the [Nestucca River], but to countless other rivers and streams in Oregon that have been damaged by poor logging and road building practices.” Koch Industries’ Georgia-Pacific signed on with other companies in lobbying for this amendment to the Farm Bill

Anti-poverty activists say the deep cuts in the food stamp program will amount to a $90 monthly reduction for many families.

Let's go over again the food stamp demographics... Children, Seniors, Veterans... make up the bulk of food stamp recipients. Way to go Dems, may as well change the letter after your name to (R).

The Nation

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
People like Scarpinato need to get out of politics (amongst many other people of course). What a despicable thing to do. Hopefully no one's dumb enough to buy it, otherwise we might see even more of these underhanded tactics.

On somewhat unrelated can you change the title? It makes it look like the Koch Brothers themselves said that quote, which isn't true.

neo96

For those of you who don't know, the Koch brothers are billionaires who are putting a disproportionate amount of money into political campaigns and radicalized conservative movements and are avid proponents of outright lying in their political campaigns.

For those that 'don't know' how is that any different than the Soros's of the flip side ?

Guess that is true 'Some man's sleaze is another man's 'class'.'
Excellent job at refuting a point-that virtually nobody in this thread made. You sure showed that one person reading this thread who may have had that opinion but didn't bother to post it, whoever he or she may be.
edit on 7-2-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by darkbake

It is generally known in political circles that in American national presidential campaigns, and in many Senate campaigns, the Republicans lie and the Democrats don't. The Democrat presidential candidates always have to play defense to Republican lies. That's a given, and is understood by both sides.

(EDIT: I edited this for clarity)

edit on 6-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

I'm not defending the Republican liars cause they are, but really? How many lies is Obama up to now? How many lies did he tell during his presidential campaign? I lost count a long time ago but I'm sure someone on ATS knows. Wow, what a post that was.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

My question is why do the people of the US continue to buy into either agenda. Some of what the Republican party is about may actually be good policy. Some of what the Democratic party is about may actually be good policy. Most of both is tihs because most of those parties have been bought off by these billionaires and corporate money. My god, under W, the corporate bankers were allowed in to positions of power within the government and under Obama, the trend continued. We the people have been duped on both sides and should really try to get past the name calling and realize we the people need to retake our position of leadership and govern ourselves. Anytime the wealth owners tell me how to live and be, I get mad. It angers me that we as a people have allowed ourselves to become subservient.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join