It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway to remove chemical from bread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

..and she is a babe!

Agreed!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Very true.

However, the bottom line is the same. Both businesses have decided to take a harmful substance off their shelves Possibly due to public demand, but certainly not due to government demand.

The point in my original post was of the Slant and subsequent reaction of a story by the OP of a Thread. The "Liberal Agenda" spin of the OP of the CVS Thread and the Story Only OP of this one.

(p.s. I highly doubt CVS will loose much revenue from not stocking Fags. They were always full price. Most Petrol Stations sell them cheaper. So I doubt they sold many anyway.)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Mamatus
Subway has always reeked of inferior ingredients, I have skipped the place for a long time. TOGO's ain't to bad and Quizno's is even better.

Been doing all I can to skip all corporate food. None of it is worth a crap.

I used to think that Subway could take ' perfectly good ingredients ' and turn it into a crappy sandwich . now - I know better !

In America , we're SCREWED when it comes to food ; not just ' the big guys ' , mind you - but , a rancher who waters his cattle out of a FRACKING well , or a cook who dunks his rotten fish in vinegar ( to get rid of the smell ). Most people in the world wouldn't tolerate this sort of thing unless they were starving.

Or... live in a dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

BritofTexas
(p.s. I highly doubt CVS will loose much revenue from not stocking Fags. They were always full price. Most Petrol Stations sell them cheaper. So I doubt they sold many anyway.)

A Billion here and a Billion there. Whats a couple of Billions anyway eh? oh, wait, I wonder how many not quite full time employees could have gotten Health care with that ya know?

Linky.

CVS said it will lose about $2 billion in annual sales and between 6 and 9 cents of profit per share this year. Analysts expect the company to report 2014 revenue of $132.9 billion and a profit of $4.47 per share, according to Thomson Reuters.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

benrl

MystikMushroom
reply to post by benrl

Yeah no doubt. I too miss the old way they cut the bread. Those sandwich artists used to take more pride in their work, sadly it's not the same anymore.

Yea I remember when I first discovered subway, it was good quality back in the day, even measured it as a full ft long.

Now a ft lg 10in, and the breads got rubber in it.

And really, if they are so cheep they cheat you 2 in, is anyone surprised they would put chemicals to fluff it up so they could use less?

Thankfully that will no longer be the case.

I remember Subway from a place called Corfu's in Canada back in 1995. When you asked for something like salami, ham, turkey, you would get around at least six thick circular slices or chunks of real recognizable meat along with thick cheese and large slices of crisp lettuce. Ask for a subway now, and the chicken seems to be those little chunky and straggly bits that attach the bones to the wings, the cheese is thin thin slices and the lettuce is tiny little strips not more than 1 inch by 1/4 inch.
The bread has gone funny too - I remember what real whole grain bread tastes like, soft, brown, slightly crumbly. But now you really have to tear it with your teeth like a caveman

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Azodicarbonimide is used in plastics foaming, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... and I saw on google that some other countries will impose stiff penalties if someone is caught putting it in food.
They need to go after and eliminate guar gum next. I (my physiology) utterly will not digest that stuff.
edit on 6-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: x

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

SLAYER69
A Billion here and a Billion there. Whats a couple of Billions anyway eh? oh, wait, I wonder how many not quite full time employees could have gotten Health care with that ya know?

The 2 Billion is Sales not Profit.

The $2 billion in annual sales lost is only 1.6% of total revenue......The company is making a bold bet on rebranding itself as being not just a store, but a healthcare company.

Forbes

I think CVS will survive. And who knows. Rebranding as a Healthcare Company may lead to them offering their Employees exceptional Healthcare. Whether Full, Not Quite or Part time.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I had the worst subway last sunday so I complained. They emailed me a voucher for a free cookie.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

They use to use Iodine in bread now they use "Potassium Bromate is a dough conditioner found in commercial bakery products and some flours"

articles.mercola.com...
Bromides are a common endocrine disruptor. Because bromide is also a halide, it competes for the same receptors that are used in the thyroid gland (among other places) to capture iodine. This will inhibit thyroid hormone production resulting in a low thyroid state. Iodine is essential for your body, and is detected in every organ and tissue. There is increasing evidence that low iodine is related to numerous diseases, including cancer. Various clinicians and researchers have found iodine effective with everything from goiter to constipation.

Cant have people living too long you know...what with all the radiation around

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Jim Gaffigan has an interesting take on Subway...can't imbed it as I don't know how to imbed a non-youtube video here... ???

But enjoy if you so choose: Jim Gaffigan has Issues with Subway

peace,
AB

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Tell us you at least got your cookie in the end?

I don't know that I would eat it under the circumstances, but how much do those cost now? At least it gave you the pitifully small bonus of knowing it was $2.00 or whatever they're up to now which didn't add a penny for them, eh?

When upside is almost impossible to find, it's a take it where we can thing, right?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
and.. .

we're going to see a flood of ads on tv to compensate for their severe lack of ....quality checks .....or shall I say.. over abundance of greed...?

I'm done with subway .. wow.. whatever happened to just making bread like ..well.. bread ?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
One Subway around here got a bunch of people sick. It turns out they were freezing some of their veggies that were about to expire, and re-using them later.

Their tomatoes don't even taste like a tomato. They're pale, almost mealy/crunchy, and have no flavor whatsoever.

It's also expensive where I live. For a "foot long", chips and a drink it's $11.95. Quizno's is even more expensive.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Oh come on! I just ate Subway for lunch.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Lol we both do a separate bread thread . They remove the chemical and put hair in...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

benrl
Now a ft lg 10in, and the breads got rubber in it.

They must've learned from the excuses I make. "You're only gettin' 10 inches 'cause I'm wearin' a rubber!"

We're getting screwed because we allow it.

I'm with Mamatus on this one: just avoid corporate food.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Swills

Oh come on! I just ate Subway for lunch.

Truth be known, I just had a foot long of that very tuna order I described earlier, a couple days ago. Good stuff too....but I'm not sure I'm going to have my other half pick up more until/unless they make an effort to push out more information and reason to believe this is the only possible issue in the ingredients they've needed a public relations issue to care about. (paraphrased from the OP source story for motive, but not by much).

Really, Subway has always been a cut above the fast food crowd in my mind. Subway and In/Out Burger out west. Not feet above and sure not a whole level above...but perhaps a cut to make them distinct enough to keep buying from when I've almost totally turned from the rest of the junk food chains.

One day you're learning Santa ain't real and the jolly jokes were on the kids who believed it for awhile......the next day (and a few decades inbetween, I'll grant) it's finding almost nothing around us anymore is actually food worthy of that term. It's all a mixture of authenticity and betterment through modern chemistry.

I remember science stories and Sci-Fi movie plots alike seeing a world where "food" was a nutritionally balanced pile of goop, one mini-spoon shaped shovel's worth per plate, per citizen, and move along please. (sigh)

Well....the old stories had it looking as bad as it tasted for those who also recall that and date enough to be official antiques. The culinary wizards of dining debauchery we have calling themselves advanced or trend setting these days seem to have made the same nasty goop with far less nutritional value than the movies said, while managing to actually keep it looking great. Form over function. The Motto of the New America, it seems at times.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don't care for Subway either. Something about all those cold cuts just screams E Coli to me. That and the fact that most of them are paired up with gas stations. Just gross.

I definitely will not eat there now. Maybe a salad without meat (I don't eat it anyways) if I am desperate. But that (whatever it's called) chemical cannot be meant for humans if they put it in shoes and yoga mats!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I'll take my Subways less rubbery if it means holding the chemicals, thank you. Tuna on White with black olive and pickle. That's my order and I'm sticking to it. I never asked for a side of 'Azodiacarbonamide' and I think I'm speaking for many when I say they can not only keep it ...but I'm not sure I trust them any longer.

I like how you worry about some chemical that has shown to have minimal affects to the population. When you are eating radioactive fish TUNA giant fish that migrate all over northern Pacific Ocean.... might want to priorities your concerns :/

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I don't know about their bread but i have an issue with Subway, where I live in the U.K you cannot even purchase a BLT from there stores anymore because Bacon is not halal!

I could see Subways point if this was down town Islamabad but this is the city of Glasgow, Scotland, a predominantly Protestant and Catholic place to live and if the Muslim populace that also share our fair city have a problem with our food they are in no way obligated to purchase it and surly know the way back to Glasgow airport if its that much of an issue!

Come on Subway stop bowing down to politically correct bullcrap and start serving us the food we desire, minus the additional chemicals obviously!

edit on 7-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join