It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog has orange spots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hey guys, so, I left for work this morning and she was normal. When I returned, she has these weird little streaks of orange in her fur. It's only on one side of her body, and on top. Almost like she was sprayed by something? I'm not sure, never seen anything like it.
I called the vet, but he's out til tomorrow. I'll call him tomorrow still, but I want to know if this is anything asap.

Some features:
I can't smell any difference or anything like that.
Rubbing the spots doesn't seem to smudge them or anything.
She's in heat. (yes, I know, she needs to be spayed, I'm planning on it this spring)
She CAN get out of the fence, so maybe she got in touch with some kind of weird animal?
She doesn't act like she's in any kind of distress or anything. Acting completely normal and active.
It has snowed and she's been outside throughout the day.
My german shep has also been outside with her, and I can't notice any spots on her, but her fur is black.
It seems to be on the tips of her hairs, in small clumps of hairs that are almost held together by whatever substance this is. But it's not sticky, it just feels normal.

Sorry it's a little blurry, she's a hyper pup.

Any ideas folks? I'm a little worried about it.
edit on 3-2-2014 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

You didn't mention where you are but maybe she rolled around in some snow that had salt in it from plowing? I know salt left on fur and leather can leave that type of discoloration.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Orange spots? Maybe she's sorry Denver lost the Superbowl…

Pick one and try a little liquid dishwashing detergent soap and a wet rag on it, see if it comes out…

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Wasn't aware of that. Good to know. It seems unlikely, because I'm in the country a little bit. I don't think this road has been plowed, and I don't think she ever wonders around enough to get to one that has. It is possible though.

I did try and wash one out and it didn't do anything noticeable.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

lolol

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Illuminati.

I'll tell ya what *Might've* happened:

So there's a couple dogs in my neighborhood, and they occasionally come by to say hello. Very friendly dogs. My kids love them. Sometimes, they will let the dog in the house, play with it and give it a treat(terrible, I know!) My boys have colored our dog with a marker before. They've also dripped icecream/freeze pops on our dog too(different colors).

*My point is this: If you let your dog run freely around the neighborhood then it has a whole 'nother life that you don't know about!

Hopefully, that's what this is.

Edit:
I looked at the pic and it kinda looks like ketchup to me. Maybe it got in somebody's garbage? My dog done that before and it looked sorta like that. Your dog looks a lot like mine: white with black spots. Mines a white Russian or german sheppard with a little dalmation or something in it.
edit on 3-2-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

The only neighbors out here are my mom and my grandparents. Don't really live in anything resembling a neighborhood. Like I said, I don't think she wonders that far off. The closest neighborhood or, anybody who isn't family, is pretty close to three miles away. IT'S POSSIBLE, for sure, but I don't think that's it. It does almost look like something splashed on her though. As long as it's something like that, I'm not too worried. I just don't want it to be some kooky disease or anything.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So here's my suggestion, stop feeding the dog Cheetos. Happens to my dog every time I give her a bag. She loves em but looks like a darn tangerine afterward. The neighbors get scared and think she is an alien dog. Not a grey. or reptilian just an orange spotted alien dog. (not a citizen, speaks only Spanish) Kinda cute if you ask me.
edit on 4-2-2014 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2014 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join