It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois vs. Oklahoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Saw this on FB and did a search to see if it had been posted here but nothing came up. Apparently this made the rounds in November and I just wanted to get your thoughts on it.

Subject: Illinois vs. Oklahoma - You Gotta Read This

I thought these two e-mails, the first about Illinois and the second
about Oklahoma, made an interesting contrast . . .

PART 1 — Illinois

"A State with No Republicans!"

Some interesting data on the 'state' of Illinois ... There are more
people on welfare in Illinois than there are people working. Chicago pays the highest wages to teachers than anywhere else in the U.S. averaging $110,000/year. Their pensions average 80-90% of their income. Wow, are Illinois and Chicago great or what? Be sure to read till the end. I've never heard it explained better. Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago?

Body count: In the last six months, 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago . 221 killed in Iraq ; AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US.

Here's the Chicago chain of command: President: Barack Hussein Obama • Senator: Dick Durbin • House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr. • Governor: Pat Quinn • House leader: Mike Madigan • Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike) • Mayor: Rahm Emanuel • The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats. • Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago . • Of course, they're all blaming each other. • Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

Let us get ALL the facts out while we are at it:

Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois . And
he is going to 'fix' Washington politics for us?

George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in prison.

He was replaced by Rob Blagojevich who is, that's right, also in prison.

And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned, .. and that's right, he and his wife both are in prison also.

The Land of Lincoln , where our Governors and Representatives make our license plates. What?

As long as they keep providing entitlements to the population of
Chicago , nothing is going to change, except the state will go broke before the country does.

"Anybody who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Don’t forget Detroit , another great example of a Democratic empire…

With all the bad news, there is hope, so let’s go to:

PART 2— Oklahoma

OKLAHOMA - may soon have plenty of new residents!

THIS IS REALLY INTERESTING, AND TRUE ... PLEASE READ IT!

Oklahoma is the only state that Obama did not win even one county in the last election... While everyone is focusing on Arizona’s new law, look what Oklahoma has been doing!!!

An update from Oklahoma

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9 an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU,said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values... HB 1330

Guess what... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal
immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. HB 1804. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Recently we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all
illegal's to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional SB 1102

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. Joining Texas , Montana and Utah as the only states to do so.

More states are likely to follow: Louisiana , Alabama , Georgia ,
Carolina 's, Kentucky , Missouri , Arkansas , West Virginia , Mississippi and Florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again. HJR 1003

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma , a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a setback for the criminals The Liberals didn't like it -- But....

Just this month, the state has voted and passed a law that ALL drivers’ license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. They have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of the road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma , you must read and write English. Really simple.

By the way, the Liberals don't like any of this either

Guess what... who cares... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.

I happen to like what they're doing in Oklahoma. I also respect Illinois' right to run their state however they see fit as well. I think the federal government just needs to back off and stop pushing this one size fits all crap.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
In Illinois the people don't like how things are run either, and the shootings are because Chicago and Springfield have a lot of gangs. Because of this the state responds by spending a huge amount of money on the police force. So in return the citizens get guns to protect themselves from the threat caused by the criminals and the pressure of the police force. The criminals could break in and the police could come beating down your door and some people would think it was a criminal breaking in and shoot their gun that they got to protect themselves from the criminals. This would cause a shootout and no matter what the person would be considered a violent criminal and if they killed someone trying to defend themselves they would be imprisoned for it.

I don't support taking guns away from people but we obviously cant have them here, at least we should control them more somehow but not unconstitutionally.

I also disagree with unconstitutional actions against illegal immigrants, they are still people we cant just take their dna.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

So you have no problem with a state that passes laws that are directly against the constitution. You support a state that wants to strip peoples rights just because it fits into your narrow viewpoint? The road signs shall only be in English when will those dimwits running that state learn America has no official language. Small wonder they made it into the stupidest state competition.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Luuke123

Sorry I disagree. If you're not a US citizen, then the constitution does not apply to you. I live in east Texas and illegals seem to be tripling every year.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

No contest, Bone... it's night and day. Thanks for the article again and you are most deserving of the bump. I don't care if this thread strays away, it shouldn't be lost. The people's heart is in the right place, and so's evidently the words of iron.
As far as the south rising again, I don't have any J Davis's around. I'd like to hear about a state bank or two with the same conservative poicies and gravity will take it's course!
PS I'll have to stay out of the AG thistle patch.. too close to home.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by Bone75

So you have no problem with a state that passes laws that are directly against the constitution.

If our Constitution was crystal clear and written in stone then we wouldn't need Supreme Court Justices to vote on whether something is constitutional or not.

You support a state that wants to strip peoples rights just because it fits into your narrow viewpoint?

Yes (if that's how you see it), and I also support a state that forces religious children to attend secular schools to accommodate your narrow viewpoint as well.
Neither approach should be mandatory nationwide though.

The road signs shall only be in English when will those dimwits running that state learn America has no official language.

That doesn't even make sense.

I must admit the video was pretty funny.

edit on 1-2-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The road signs shall only be in English when will those dimwits running that state learn America has no official language.

There are many States fighting to make it the official language. You see, before the countless numbers of 'illegal' immigrants, we didnt have a problem with this. All our legal immigrants learned and understood the language of the land. It was the one language that brought us all together. Illegals had no desire to learn and speak english and remained seperate. Why should we cater to illegals?

Because of the countless numbers of illegals we have to press one for important phone calls to hear our own language. Because of the illegals we have to speak a foreign laguage in order to get a job in many places that has nothing to do with international business. Hundreds of languages are spoken here in the USA. Do we cater to them all? No of course not. The legal immigrants with respect to their new homeland, learned the language most spoken here.

edit on 1-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Luuke123

I also disagree with unconstitutional actions against illegal immigrants, they are still people we cant just take their dna.

It is for investigative purposes. Illegals waltz over without a criminal background check. We have pedophiles, gang members etc that come here and live amongst us. Nice to have as neighbors? I think not

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
S&F Bone! But a lot of us Okies wish people would quit telling the rest of the country how awesome it is here. We LIKE being a flyover state that the entitlement minded ignore.

And Buster, as for English being made the official language because we're "narrow-minded" or "bigoted" or whatever ad hominem epitaph the ignorant choose to make, let it be known that Oklahoma has a greater variety of languages spoken here than anywhere else in America (mainly due to the various Native American populations). The United States are UNITED states and one of the unifying factors is a common language. Do you really want to press 94 to hear your message in Lithuanian? Yes, there are a variety of languages spoken throughout the U.S. but do we have road signs in farsi? Or voice menus in Vietnamese?

We have both of the cross-country interstates intersecting in Oklahoma (I-35 and I-40) so a lot of the crime we get here is criminals from other states who get caught running through. Most people here don't tolerate bad behavior. Our economy is better than most other states in the union (the pay generally sucks but work IS available). Cost of living is considerably less than the more pretentious state.

Having lived here my whole life I can say that most of the negative changes I've seen in the past few decades have been due to people other than Okies moving from their crappy states into our nice state and bringing their bad manners with them.

People are generally friendly and helpful here. I've been to Chicago. I got stoned there. Literally. A teen gang was throwing rocks at me because I was too white to be on "their" side of town. I barely escaped with my life. I don't ever want to see Oklahoma adopt the ideologies or practices that turned Illinois into a cesspool. The Progressives can keep that mess. We'll stick with what works.

new topics

top topics

join