It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition seeks to allow beer deliveries by drone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hello, ATS

I've got a tasty tid-bit for you! It seems that Drones are taking center stage as they are being proposed for delivery(ies) of consumer products.

"The goal is to get 100,000 backers by March 1 — and as of Friday evening, 128 people had signed on. But it's slower goings than that other new petition to "Deport Justin Bieber and Revoke His Green Card," which has been signed by a 200,000-strong mob within a week. (It's worth noting that the White House is required to respond to petitions that cross the 100k mark.)"

www.nbcnews.com...

What say you, ATS?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oh come on, that isnt fair.....they are corrupting perfect paranoia and disdain for these devices with a product of pure joy and love.....i find myself conflicted now.......and strangely intrigued. The hate i find is overwhelmed with desire.......DAMN YOU EVIL POWERS....you found my kryptonite

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
In most states, if you serve or provide the booze that causes a person to be intoxicated above .08 YOU ARE LIABLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS. Yes...you can sue the bar that serves you the drink before you kill a bus full of orphans and nuns. Depends on the state you live in as to how far it goes.
Don't get too excited that a robot can fly you beer. Because the person that controls the robot is directly responsible for your actions after you consume the product. And if they were visibly intoxicated before...you're damn right you are responsible.
Don't yell at the bartender when they cut you off.
Yell at your governor.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

A bit of topic , with apologies. Beer has always been delivered by drones. I know... I'm remodeling a brewery right now ( literally ). You wouldn't believe these guys !

I dabble in glorified RC myself... but, the FAA may actually be right about flight restrictions for the industry ( did I really just say that ? ) . I do not live in one of the lucky ' drone states ' dammit.

Beer has always been delivered by drones.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No.

nononononononononononononononononononononono!

So the government (NSA) won't piggyback the drone and spy?

No.

nonononononononononononononononononononono!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I could see so many dogs getting mangled, and damaged drones. My cat would attack the crap out of one of those things and probably have to go to the vet.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Are they limiting it to cans, or unbreakable bottles?
Beaches and lakes should never have breakables...

Is there a way of checking the ID of the recipients?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

the owlbear
In most states, if you serve or provide the booze that causes a person to be intoxicated above .08 YOU ARE LIABLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS.
Is this enough to cause me to go above 0.08?

beer

I never had anybody refuse me. Maybe the seller doesn't know that I can now blame other people for the stupid stuff I do. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

I guess if these guys can sell me enough to make me go over .08, so can the drone delivery.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Dumb idea, imo, impractical. What would really sell well is something that would deliver beer from the fridge to the couch.

join