It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theft of Pope's blood for "Satanic rites"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Apologies if already posted

Fifty Carabinieri are searching a remote mountainous region of Italy with sniffer dogs after the theft of a reliquary containing a piece of the late Pope John Paul's II robe stained with blood from the attempt on his life in the nineteen eighties. Vatican authorities have expressed concern that satanic organisations would pay a high price for the relic to use it in occult ceremonies leading up to the Satanic New year Ceremonies observed in February.

I knew as soon as I heard of this that Satanic connections would be made. I have no idea if the Vatican's fears are groundless or not, hopefully the wise denizens of ATS will be able to enlighten us.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

In my opinion, the Pope's blood is right at home with a bunch of Satan worshipers, considering the Catholic "church" is a false religion designed by Satan himself. Nothing to see here.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Maybe this is a dumb question....... What the hell would the vatican be keeping a blood stained robe around for in the first place? That seems quite odd to me.

The reliquary is one of just a handful in the world that contains the blood of the Polish pope, who died in 2005 and was succeeded by Benedict XVI.

Ok that is just creepy to me......
edit on Tue, 28 Jan 2014 14:38:26 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Any self-respecting "Satanist" wouldn't give two bits about the ex-pope's robes. Excepting, of course, that it might fetch a nice price somewhere.

Satanists are for Self, nothing else. The rituals, ceremonies, rites, etc. are all nonsense.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Blood is very important in Catholicism as is demonstrated in the Transubstantiation doctrine within the mass. Make of that what you will

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Thanks for the reply. I would be interested to know if you arrived at that opinion through experience and what that could potentially bring to the discussion.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There is no singularly organized Satanism.

Sounds to me like the Italian police officer is invoking the boogey-man to cover up shoddy police work.

There is no holiday and certainly not a "New Year" of any Satanist group that starts on February 1. They're likely talking about Imbolc, a festival to Bridget. Celtic or Wiccan holiday at best.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A blood strained robe does sound a bit odd. It its however standard practise that every church has a relic of some sort, normally a piece of bone and usually from the saint it is named after if possible.

forums.catholic.com...

Blood is not that uncommon in relics. See this link for information on the miraculous blood of saint Janarius Gennaro for instance.

edit on 28-1-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

According to the article it was a Vatican Bishop who works for its "Occult Studies Department" that raised the concern. Once again make of that what you will.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

I'm no Satanist - at least, I would never call myself one. I have read the Satanic bible (a.k.a. as b.s.). I've also read the New Testament but would not call myself a Christian.

If a form of worship or ceremonial rite is brought into "Satanism" (I use quotes because I don't recognize that word as having any real definitive value), it is a result of a person or group of people using the idea to gather followers, promote fear or some other form of agenda.

Do as thou wilt - as they say... Steal a robe if you want... "Satan" hasn't got anything to do with it. It's an unnecessary label.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

That's very interesting and certainly adds to the thread.

Kind regards

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

hotel1

According to the article it was a Vatican Bishop who works for its "Occult Studies Department" that raised the concern. Once again make of that what you will.

Are you referring to the Telegraph article?

"Giovanni Panunzio, the national coordinator of an anti-occult group called Osservatorio Antiplagio"

Not a Bishop. Not a Vatican department. Likes like a fringe Italian media group opposed to Berlusconi, et. al.

Osservatio Antiplago

He's not a cop, either. My bad.

Imbolc info still stands.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

My apologies, that was in fact stated in a different publication from the one in the link.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Roman Church itself is fairly obsessed with blood, bone, and death. The most prevalent symbol, the crucifix, captures Jesus in an excruciating moment of eternal torture. The Eucharist is ritualistic blood-drinking and cannibalism. (Consult transubstantiation before flaming.) Every altar must have a "relic" beneath it.

Death-cult. Who needs Satanists?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In Satanism there is a ritual to summon the false prophet who ushers in the AntiChrist that requires the blood of a pope and of a virgin girl/boy on the alter of Satan.

Reading Anton Lavey and Aleister Crowley rituals are pretty wicked

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sounds like someone...satanic or not... may be after DNA?

Seems strange to me that such a relic would be stored in a remote mountain church.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So this makes me think of something. Does the Vatican keep vials of blood from all past Popes and other high figures of religion for the possibility of cloning? Just a thought. Also makes me wonder who's blood they hand on hand from outside the Vatican?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I am starring posts but they are not sticking

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Cito
In Satanism there is a ritual to summon the false prophet who ushers in the AntiChrist that requires the blood of a pope and of a virgin girl/boy on the alter of Satan.

Reading Anton Lavey and Aleister Crowley rituals are pretty wicked

Could you post a link to this Satanic ritual from a reputable site? It sounds like you're quoting one of various movie plots.

Lavey was an entertainer that started a joke religion for his friends. Crowley was a kabbalist and hedonist and philosopher and likely an ego maniac. Can you tell us what you've read from either one that you connect with the ritual you describe above?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

I was under the impression that Lavey and Crowley had no real credibility these days, but if you have definite knowledge to the contrary I would appreciate you posting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join