It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Not a Conspiracy Theory (a Film)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Greetings fellow ATSers, I just wanted to take a few moments to mention a documentary in the works that I stumbled across on Youtube. Unlike so many time-wasting docs and videos (IMO shoddy attempts at disinfo/noise pollution) that I've seen, this one doesn't address a particular conspiracy, but rather the psychology of conspiracy theory itself. The film is produced by Kirby Ferguson, Youtube personality and creator of "Everything is a Remix"

It is a film produced in installments. The first segment (above) is available for free, and the rest will be available for a $12 subscription, which funds the independent filmmakers. I am not affiliated with this project, just promoting it for the sake of healthy CT discussion. I feel that it's become an almost knee-jerk reaction to stigmatize those with alternative theories as being illogical, uninformed, or mentally ill. Perhaps investigations into the psychological mechanisms that drive us to form alternative explanations can help to remove some of this stigma, so at least the proverbial rabbit hole won't be so dark and confusing. Thoughts?
edit on 28-1-2014 by johnsequitur1221 because: I remixed the remix; it was back to normal.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsequitur1221

A lot of the stuff that seems to be a botched job, or leaked, thereby giving light to a conspiracy, is done to instill distrust -- it is a conspiracy to bring down our current social structures.

more

People stigmatize conspiracies not only because they fear the implications set forth by the conspiracy, but because they also fear challenging their core belief structures -- if their core belief structure is wrong, then they are wrong, which means they, themselves, are bad.

Further, this kind of information should not be bottled and sold, it should be free for all who desire to know.

If he were actually teaching a trade skill, or if he were doing something for sheer entertainment purposes, then sure, maybe give him 12 bucks, but he's not doing that, is he?

Do you think it is just to sell the kind of info he is selling?

Put it this way... selling what is wrong with the world, is partially, what is wrong with the world. lol, it's a ridiculous notion to me.

edit: Excuse the rant... just tired of all the greed masquerading as deliverance.
edit on 1/28/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

While I realize there is probably no limit to the ways greedy people and companies might try to capitalize on our fears, ignorance, and basic survival needs, I don't see projects like this as being profit-oriented. To direct and produce a film with any respectable amount of craftsmanship requires the time and talent of skilled individuals, plus a share of the cost of the equipment they're using. We seem to expect artists to work for free (or for experience/credit etc) simply because they enjoy making art. On the other hand, no one expects a plumber, electrician, or mechanic to work without getting paid. But that's for another thread. I chose to subscribe to help fellow independent artists like myself because I believe the quality and execution of the film is worth the $12.

new topics

join