It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Wind creates water in Stellar dust, Implications for life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They're giving the information in bits and pieces...bits and pieces...
Here's an article on Space.com where scientists are saying that as solar wind comes in contact with Stellar dust, water is created. The scientist in the article says that she would have to assume that there should be some form of life wherever this process occurs; and this process occurs everywhere so there you go..

"We were originally looking for solar-wind–implanted helium in the rims on minerals in interplanetary dust particles, and stumbled onto water," Ishii said. The scientists detected water in the rims of interplanetary dust particles normally thought of as lacking water. "We have shown for the first time that water and organics are delivered together," Ishii said.

www.space.com/24422-solar-wind-makes-water-star-dust.html

There has to be life everywhere. That's what the Universe is all about. Life. Humans are here and living because the Universe is a living being itself. That's my 2 cents.

What say you, ATS?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

lostbook
There has to be life everywhere. That's what the Universe is all about. Life. Humans are here and living because the Universe is a living being itself. That's my 2 cents.

What say you, ATS?
Have you heard of the Fermi paradox? If not you may want to search it, but basically it derives from the assumption that there should be intelligent life everywhere, but the paradox is, why don't we see evidence of it except on Earth?

This is an interesting find, and one which wowed me with the amazing capability of instruments to analyze such small samples. These dust specks are so tiny it's amazing they have enough to analyze.

It seems like the samples would be more pristine if they were collected on an ISS experiment, than being collected in the stratosphere.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

No, I've never heard of the Fermi paradox but I'll check it out. I'm a firm believer in the old saying "the secret of the Universe is life, and the secret of life is water.

new topics

join