It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unresolved dreams can be a long journey to understanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have had a long series of dreams that puts me in Paris, France and I don't want to go home.

The emotional script of the dream tells me that I am on holiday and my holiday ended 30-60-90-120-days ago. The dream narrator seems to want to remind me to "Go Home, back to America, go buy your tickets and return to your job".

But I don't want to go to the airport to buy the tickets! I have lived in many different rented places in the Paris metropolitan area. I could go to the airport to buy my tickets or I could just forget about everything and keep living in this dreamworld of Paris. In my dreams I don't want to go back home, to America. I want to stay in Paris with no job, no income and living in vacant apartments seems to be more appealing than going back to America.

There is always the strong sense that my employers wants me to come back to the U.S., that I don't care, that I will never find my way to the airport because I don't really want to go back!

In some dreams, I have reached the Paris airport but I haven't bought the ticket yet... just hanging out in the airport lobby. The tickets are expensive but I have the money I just don't want to buy one! Arrrrrrrrrrgh.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Have you ever lived in Paris? If not get yourself over there asap.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

SGC50
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Have you ever lived in Paris? If not get yourself over there asap.

I have been through the city for 1-day but I never had an apartment there. I seem to be always in the process of leaving Paris, but never getting around to actually leaving. I have no money and my job seems to be on the line. It's a strange situation.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Unresolved, recurring dreams. Places, situations, dilemmas.

Is there a method of lucid dreaming that I could take control of one of these dreams and actually get my ticket to return home?

I have not been keeping a dream diary since the early 1990's but this series of recurring dreams keeps coming back, when I least expect it, maybe 10-15 times in the last year. My subconscious is trying to tell me something that I need to know.

The dream is partially lucid. I can make the decision to head to the Paris airport, without a ticket, with the intent to purchase a ticket "on the next flight home."

Sometimes I get close to the airport but I can't find a way inside, I drive around in circles. One time, I found myself loitering in the ticketing area, terminal lounge area, arrivals/departures area, but I didn't have a ticket yet, or any identity documents.

In many of these dreams there is a sense that "my documents are not in order".

Unresolved dreams can be a long journey to understanding. In my real life I let my passport expire ten years ago. And in 2014 you can't pass a border without a valid passport. In many cases presenting an expired passport would be a red flag. First, I need a valid passport just to visit France!!. So if my passport was expired... that means.... I must have been in Paris for a very long time... over ten years!

It's such a weird series of dreams.

I am wary of creating another dream journal because I figure that these Paris dreams come naturally and I don't want to disturb that by over-thinking all my dreams.

What do you say, ATS dream explorers out there?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I don't know man- I think you're over thinking it and just need to get to Paris. That's where any answers to be found. Viva le France! Let's not spend too much time studdying our dream that we forget to try and live them.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Have you read Giovanni's Room?

top topics

join