It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights over Okinawa - Video inside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
en.rocketnews24.com...

On various TV shows over here. Seems quite interesting...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Upyerheart

Gonna say flares here. 2 or more distinct drops of them.
All of the characteristics: Slowly sinking, scintilating, blinking out.
IMHO

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Hmmm...these lights recently seen over Denver seem very similar.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

im gonna say lights on top of a tall building, its in a city after all.
it would be helpful to see the same area in daylight

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Naha city is a small town with no really tall buildings from my recollection. It looks distinctly like flares to me, the US has a large airbase in the area.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
If those were flares, wouldn't they (a) Be a lot whiter...and (b) Fall a lot quicker than those ?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

One of the U-tubers commented that we can’t drop flares in that area. His name is Gino Falcone. A quick google search finds a person with this name here
www.linkedin.com...
This page indicates that he is currently with the Security Forces of United States Air Force. His Farcebook page indicates the he was USAF as well.
www.facebook.com...
I think this guy would know if they were flares or not, and where or where not we could drop them.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Okinawa doesn't have "cities" like the US or Europe. It's a very small island.

The local US Forces authorities have already announced that they did not have any operations in the area at that time, and that indeed they do not fly at night-time. It's a big issue here with the local population being not too happy with the airforce and the noise it makes etc.

So basically:
1. the locals are totally used to military activity.
2. the Military authorities have said they were not active at that time, or in that area
3. seen by thousands of people

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Do you know the area this was filmed? I know the military do conduct exercises in the northern part of the island but not around Camp Butler/Camp Foster Naha area. I also know there are restrictions on the military as to what they are allowed to do as the Okinawan's do want the U.S out there by any means possible , which I can't blame them.
Kadena airforce base is in the same general area as Foster/Butler but I can't see them launching flares over that area.

edit on 26-1-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
At least very strange!

I doubt that we see a Training here,
i will wait for the morning News to look for further Info!

Domo

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

thats what I thought too. I really have no idea what that is, but it did have the same "Phoenix Lights" aspect at the end, where the lights gently faded out.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Amazing I don't think I've ever have seen flares doing so many different flashing colors? I almost start to think that those objects are triggered by all the radiation levels that are up there. Maybe if they are from way beyond our solar system can they not do some Hightech ET cleaning so we can stop all the radiation threats threads ...?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I still dont get why a UFO needs running lights.......just sayin

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

in this day & age, unless aliens come out of their ship, anyone could just say drone...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm going to say Chinese lanterns - Google Image Link - Chinese Lanterns

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

westcoast

Hmmm...these lights recently seen over Denver seem very similar.

Hmmm yeah, this is more interesting to me than the vid in the OP. (No offense, OP) These are spread far apart and apparently gaining alt. It's unlikely these are flares, but what do I know.. Thanks for the vid.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It's an attack of Chinese lanterns.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
First thread in a while that i've seen 2 videos which still remain unidentified, is there still no official conformation of what these are yet?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Whoopsiee they already ruled out military. Quote from article.

At around 9 pm on the 23rd, orange lights, about 10 of them had been seen floating around in the Naha sky; multiple reports of sightings were received at this newspaper. Experts said, "That the lights were not considered to astronomical phenomena." According to one witness, most of the lights appeared in the sky near Naha Port in the town of Naha Tondo; they repeatedly move up and down left and right, about 15 minutes later they were all gone. . . . According to the Japan Air Self-Defense Force, they don't have any information on the mystery lights. "Self-Defense Forces' aircraft did not fly at that time"; all training flights took place before 19:20 the same day.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I also have to go with Chinese lanterns [CL]. I have seen them myself floating near our house and was even caught for a second thinking they were UFOs. These look exactly like CL, the way they flicker, the way they float, plus it is in Japan, where they are used more often than over here.
Yes, they can be quite large as well.
I normally hate the CL explanation if there is clearly something that doesn't fit in with it but in this case 100% CL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join