It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati Card Game Thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

Mentioning the names of some games does not imply you have played them. I dont doubt you if you say you have, but what you said was incorrect.

Also, I think you missed the point of the thread. Several of the cards have reflected real world events and so people are just having a bit of fun trying to draw comparisons.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Misinformation
Is it my turn again?? - I get to play 2 cards this time right

2012 Aurora Theater Massacre

or is it too soon to play these cards

Auroras counts, but.. um.. im pretty sure the other is Margaret Thatcher, because it says Margaret Thatcher.

Of the ones that have been close, I am aware of pentagon, trade centers, oil spill, the obama one with the crowd turning, and I believe there was one that seemed to show a clock tower in Japan/also a pestilence. That auroras one might play.

Obviously I dont believe in the nonsense, and they are all simply general ideas, but with that said I would love to own the card collection.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
While I know that this has been asked here before.....
and answered was a link, I'm jut too lazy too find it right now.

So does anyone have a link to the full decks, preferably in large format?
Sounds like an interesting e' hhm...

I'll play this one:

[edit... derp, seen it's already been played]
(music industry)

Perhaps this is more fitting?

Veddy interesting game, although I'm not sure I could sit
and play that for hours.

edit on 14/1/25 by telemetry because: corrected image, to further the play.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation

Ask yourself something. How did I know you were 16? Stew on that question until you're 18, then you might "get it."

Your position holds zero weight. I would explain that to you, but your "I know everything" age is a deterrent.

Pardon me while I go pat myself on my back for correctly guessing your age.

Finally, you weren't even born when these conspiracies manifested.

AAC
edit on 25-1-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

I find this "Illuminati" card game interesting. It goes in line with the rest of the potential material that is "predictive" relatively speaking. Unfortunately most of the cards are cards of bad things happening, no? That's why I gotta just say that I can't really "believe" it if you know what I mean.

And on the note of you guessing his age accurately, what do you have to say about me?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

zeroBelief

I'm sorry....

Have ANY of you ever actually played a Steve Jackson Game?

Steve Jackson Games is the company which makes Illuminati. Along with tons of other fantastic and fun games to play.

To think that it is somehow anything OTHER than a reflection of the times is a complete and utter joke, and a waste of breath.

The company, it's games, and everything it does, is 100% tongue in cheek.

If any of you had ever actually played one of Steve Jackson's games...you'd know this...

Car Wars
Ogre
Illuminati
Nuclear War & Escalation
Munchkin
GURPS

This is a downright silly thread. Steve is simply expressing his views as SARCASM and FARCE. PARODY is 100% legal.

Those three words, SARCASM, FARCE, and PARODY are the key words for this thread.

Get your heads out of your rear ends and think for once.

Thanks for making an opening zeroBelief,

I have hosted or participated in about 100 illuminati games since the 80's
going through multiple editions and expansion, while retaining a special
place in my heart for the original. But nostalgia aside here is how
to run a successful and fun illuminati card game.

• Gather a group of players who already have a strong grasp of their own sense of fun and imagination.
this ingredient is free but rare.
• Remember to have frequent breaks for munchies and so different players can wander off into different
parts of the house to form temporary alliances.
• At the conclusion of the game when a clear winner is determined clean up all the pieces and discuss with the players at what point did they "know" who was going to win, and what were their clues.

It's a consciousness raising game and a lot of fun.
It also serves the purpose of debriefing each other over the effects of symbolism in media.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Ya got'ta know when too Hold'em ,,Ya got'ta know when too fold'em

Ya never count your money tell the Evils done

The FED/Bush get Rich Society

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i love it....been checkin it out for a while.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
Auroras counts, but.. um.. im pretty sure the other is Margaret Thatcher, because it says Margaret Thatcher.

But ya don't understand ,,,the illuminati like to cover up the true meaning of the cards,,,they like to use code words & anagrams,,,sometimes they will switch the order of letters or drop them altogether & replace them with another... then theres the picture on the card which may or may not be related to the card title ,unless its played in combination with another card

Thatcher can be changed by simply dropping the "ch" and borrowing an "e" from Margaret ,,then ya get Theater

Margaret could also be changed to "Massacre" in the same manner just by replacing a few letters & using the "c" from Thatcher
edit on 25-1-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Misinformation

I do understand.. but it looks like Margaret Thatcher and based on the other cards they are pretty straight forward. Its Margie Thacker.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Misinformation

My guess for the one on the right would be Cameron or tony Blair over Rummy.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation

Dude, it would make your position look better if you were 16. Now I just feel bad for you. If you were 16, there would still be hope for you.

Too bad.

Back to thread...

AAC

And you, dufus...would look better if you read a little bit of Freud...

And I quote....

“Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.”

Although this is often attributed to Sigmund Freud, there is no record of him ever having said it or written it. It appears that the quote may be an adaptation of the phrase “Sometimes a banana is just a banana” used in an early Saturday Night Live sketch

And with that, my dear Fibonacci ...may you and your lot enjoy your thread....

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I am 16 and you are a horses a$$.

You have no clue about me. I have mentioned games that are the intellectual property of this company, and therefore implying that I have played them.

Should I go so far as to state that I actually lived in a gaming/hobby shop for a month?

I am more familiar with the industry than the average schmuck out there. Oh, you know about the raid? My, you are "educated"....aren't you.

Get over yourself, fool.

It is parody. Pure and simple.

May the Goddess save us from stroppy teenagers (even the 45yr old ones lmao) who think they know everything hahahahaha !!!

How would we progress without your words of wisdom ... as a mother of 5 adult children trust me I am qualified to comment on stroppy teenagers ... they always make me smile

As for your post above ... NO ... you really didn't need to go so far as to tell us 'that you actually lived in a gaming/hobby shop for a month' ... wow a whole month ... you must be a real expert after that sweetie

Maybe when you signed up you should have read the T&C's with a little more care as calling people 'smucks' and 'fools' makes you look a little ... how can I put this ... a little foolish.

It really has nothing to do with your age ... we have had members on here much younger with more manners and intelligence in their contribution than you have displayed here ... but there is always room for improvement ... surely your teachers have told you this at some point.

ATS is a conspiracy website and we are here to debate conspiracy subjects ... debate doesn't mean we all have to agree ... wouldn't be much of a debate if we did ... but neither does debate mean being rude to people ... hopefully you'll understand that when you grow-up and learn about manners and maturity etc.

As for the subject in the OP I've always found it uncanny personally how so many of the cards in the game seem to relate to people / places / events that have and do unfold in our real world ... now maybe that is just a coincidence ... but maybe it's not.

Either way it's a great subject for conversation and debate from both perspectives ... but let's be grown-up about it and not resort to childish insults.

OP S&F for you ... always been intrigued by this particular subject.

Learning all the time ... that's what makes life so exciting. Woody )O(
edit on 09/09/2013 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Very good website blog that breaks down the illuminati game rather interestingly.

Illuminati

AAC

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A quick question. How did the police find a game called, "School Shooter" on his computer if Adam supposedly destroyed his hard drives?

Link

It's just weird that additional details just keep sliding in under the rug.

AAC

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

Misinformation
Is it my turn again?? - I get to play 2 cards this time right

2012 Aurora Theater Massacre

or is it too soon to play these cards

Auroras counts, but.. um.. im pretty sure the other is Margaret Thatcher, because it says Margaret Thatcher....

The Margaret Thatcher one really seems to be just that Margaret Thatcher. However what would she have to do with a military operation in Central America as depicted on the card, a coup, perhaps? These cards really do bring up excellent discussion and the varying perspectives from all of us is always interesting. I'm not really playing this thread but I will sit back and see what the rest of ATS thinks of them.

edit on 25-1-2014 by evc1shop because: clarity

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Uncanny.

AAC

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Imagine if the ptb are playing this game for real on the highest level. There is enough uncanny matches to at least speculate this. Take this card for instance, if an elitist gamer was going to play it, they would have to involve the details of the card for continuity, right?

Well, this card was created before she died, and the fact that this card is just her surrounded by shadowy paparazzi characters is quite curious... Since paparazzi's supposedly killed her.

Moreover, it has already been debated that the higher up royal family wanted her dead. She was possibly too sincere in her philanthropies.

AAC
edit on 26-1-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
These cards are the best....especially like "Harmonica Virgins"

Its used for defence only

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It also serves the purpose of debriefing each other over the effects of symbolism in media.

Oh really Mike!

Sounds like

It also serves the purpose of debriefing each other over the effects of racism in media.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join