It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit sneering

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It is the source of all hatred and prejudice mostly guided by pride. It is very difficult to accomplish, but I believe the more people that become aware of it, the more the world will be liberated from all its inhabitants torment.
The emotion lies in the nose, and it is born by pride, prejudice, hatred, grief, denial, and fear among many other things.
Clairvoyance is met with the repentance of the thoughts that guide this emotion.
It is a very heavy mental burden, it is worthy all of existence.
Of course, it cannot completely free you from your bodily habits, but it can free your mind at a price. You will be met with many foes that lie dormant in your mind that only awaken when you've snuffed them out your nose.
Good luck, happy hunting, and try to be content with your suffering. There is nothing to blame when you find order to chaos. Chaos is simply the invisible lies unspoken for by cowards. Fault only was and will be found by a cowardly speaker, dead, forgotten, lost, or otherwise born brave. Prudence.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I'm guessing that you're running for office. LOLZ

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

lol, i just got here, just had to speak the most important ideal of my mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
But how will I respond to anything Obama if I can't sneer?

Oh, and a star and flag for bothering to rant. All rants deserve at least one flag.
edit on bu312014-01-24T09:53:00-06:0009America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jan 2014 09:53:00 -06009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

by solution.

it's not his fault. invisible hands guide his fate just as they guide yours.
think about how much prejudice there is in the world.
and think about what it would be like if there were none.
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be impossible to "quit doing something natural to all of us"?
And aren't you doing it in your very OP?

You are sneering at sneering itself, are you not?

v.intr.
1. To assume a scornful, contemptuous, or derisive facial expression.
2. To speak in a scornful, contemptuous, or derisive manner.

sneer (v.)
1550s, "to snort" (of horses), perhaps from North Frisian sneere "to scorn," related to Old English fnæran "to snort, gnash one's teeth," of imitative origin (cf. Danish snærre "to grin like a dog," Middle Dutch, Middle High German snarren "to rattle"). Meaning "to smile contemptuously" is from 1670s; sense of "to curl the upper lip in scorn" is attested from 1775. Related: Sneered; sneering.

Etym link

It is an inescapable paradox.

So therefore we must "Temper" ourselves and attempt to find a reasonable balance of our innate qualities.
We cannot escape our nature instead we have to work with it.

from Latin temperare "to mix in due proportion"

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

But they put him there just for us to sneer at.
I must sneer at someone.
It's my nature. It wouldn't be right to go against nature.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i understand your point, and these kind of mental processes among many others are involved in quitting as well.

It is a mental emotion, and to quit is to open your mind, rather than to perceive entitled unjustly.

deduction is very commonplace during the emotion. i believe knowledge is evil, or rather, knowledge is what we know of evil. it's not always that easy to simply rid yourself of it. if everything was right in the world, there would be nothing to argue about, no reason to speak. Everything would be constantly changing with bliss, rather than stale with complexity.

even knowledge of good things is a fleeting moment of lust.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by Jarring

I must sneer at someone.

We have a dual nature in a sense, therefore balance of forces is required.
We are not suppose to be wild beasts, nor robotic drones.
Seek to mitigate the negatives and focus on expressing the positives.

No one's perfect, but if we don't bother "Aiming to hit Bull's Eye", the odds of getting off a good shot are extremely low.
Of course, pretending that anyone can hit Bull's Eye all the time is unrealistic.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

muzzleflash

butcherguy
reply to post by Jarring

I must sneer at someone.

We have a dual nature in a sense, therefore balance of forces is required.
We are not suppose to be wild beasts, nor robotic drones.
Seek to mitigate the negatives and focus on expressing the positives.

No one's perfect, but if we don't bother "Aiming to hit Bull's Eye", the odds of getting off a good shot are extremely low.
Of course, pretending that anyone can hit Bull's Eye all the time is unrealistic.

i like your thinking.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Jarring

if everything was right in the world, there would be nothing to argue about, no reason to speak. Everything would be constantly changing with bliss, rather than stale with complexity.

Argueing is for better understanding the world, to formulate your own opinions and review those of others. There's still enough reason to speak, only it's not about who is right or wrong, the elder teaching the young who don't listen ofcourse but might remember what has been said later in life. Or the more experienced to the less experienced convinced they know.
edit on 24-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

spiritspeak

Jarring

if everything was right in the world, there would be nothing to argue about, no reason to speak. Everything would be constantly changing with bliss, rather than stale with complexity.

Argueing is for better understanding the world, to formulate your own opinions and review those of others. There's still enough reason to speak, only it's not about who is right or wrong, the elder teaching the young who don't listen ofcourse but might remember what has been said later in life. Or the more experienced to the less experienced convinced they know.
edit on 24-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

can't argue that. but it somehow does not discredit me in my mind. i was just thinking that sometimes i enjoy being hated, argument excites me, haunting the so called foes feed me intrigue.

sanity, by no means, is a luxury.
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Jarring

I'm guessing that you're running for office. LOLZ

Not to derail the thread, but Beezzer, you look awful - what the heck has happened?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

muzzleflash
Wouldn't it be impossible to "quit doing something natural to all of us"?
And aren't you doing it in your very OP?

You are sneering at sneering itself, are you not?

v.intr.
1. To assume a scornful, contemptuous, or derisive facial expression.
2. To speak in a scornful, contemptuous, or derisive manner.

sneer (v.)
1550s, "to snort" (of horses), perhaps from North Frisian sneere "to scorn," related to Old English fnæran "to snort, gnash one's teeth," of imitative origin (cf. Danish snærre "to grin like a dog," Middle Dutch, Middle High German snarren "to rattle"). Meaning "to smile contemptuously" is from 1670s; sense of "to curl the upper lip in scorn" is attested from 1775. Related: Sneered; sneering.

Etym link

It is an inescapable paradox.

So therefore we must "Temper" ourselves and attempt to find a reasonable balance of our innate qualities.
We cannot escape our nature instead we have to work with it.

from Latin temperare "to mix in due proportion"

i'm showing the emotion in my current avatar. it's in teh nose, i only do it now to show others. I no longer have this emotion, as i have emptied all of the prejudiced thoughts that lead to it. it took me three years and it was very difficult, but not impossible. I'm not saying that I am not scornful at times, or be angry, etc. I simply do not curl up my nose in prejudice at anyone.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

The way I can describe it for myself is like a massive load of the chest.
Um and then the windows of information open up.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

i had to go through three friggin years of thinking through a giant wad of prejudice and sin to rid myself of this one emotion.. massive load, yes.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

You're talking about disgust, I think. Isn't that what your avatar is displaying? And since it's one of our primary emotions (babies display it), you can't get rid of it. Sorry about that.
It's alright to feel disgust sometimes - it keeps us safe, stops us from picking up stinky things off the ground and eating them. I guess all you can do is recognise it when you feel it (you say you feel it in your nose, so that's a good identifier) and check what you're thinking at the time. You might be right to feel disgust- it might be appropriate. Repressing it isn't going to make it go away!
edit on 28-1-2014 by beansidhe because: your/you're

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

nah, it's not disgust, it kind of looks like it though, doesn't it? I mean, sure, you might be disgusted when displaying this emotion at times, but I see it as prejudice/hatred. That's what kind of thoughts went through my mind when I did it, realized it would be a good idea to quit, and that's what kind of thoughts in my mind I had to absolve when I got rid of it. I didn't repress it, I had to absolve it. Wouldn't take me three years to repress something, I had to go through and digest certain thoughts, and come to necessary conclusions in my mind.

I mean, you don't have to believe me. I'm not going to force anyone into it. I'm just saying. I'm speaking about my personal experiences, I thought it would be a good idea to share. If I think it would be a good idea for me, I figure it would be a good idea for others.

It is kind of annoying when someone outright denies something I have experienced first hand, and claims it as false, or that I'm jaded. They haven't done this, they haven't spent three years in my shoes, how could they understand? I get you're putting a label on it, trying to understand for yourself what it is I'm talking about. I shouldn't expect anyone to relate completely, or understand spot on what I'm talking about...especially when it accounted for some much digestion of information over years of thoughts relative to the emotion. I'm kind of used to it by now anyways though, it's not that big of a deal, even on this site, I don't mind.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Jarring
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

i had to go through three friggin years of thinking through a giant wad of prejudice and sin to rid myself of this one emotion.. massive load, yes.

I call it simply Ejac

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

You can give it a different name if you like. It doesn't change the fact.
I'm not denying that you have spent a lot of time working on your thoughts, and that you have been successful doing that. How could I, I've never met you before in my life?
It is an important topic, and great that you shared it. I wanted to give you some encouragement, and to say you shouldn't try to rid yourself of something that we all feel, and sometimes for good reason.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join