It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting the Iraqi Insurgents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hi Guys and gals, this is my first post here on ATS, so I'd like to get right to the heart of the matter. I've been lurking for quite a while now and I've seen some of the wildly conflicting opinions of board members on Iraq.

We invaded Iraq and it may or may not have been a good idea. I have my own opinion about that. Now that we're bogged down in what is essentially a guerrilla war, what do we do? The current counterinsurgency policy is working, but slowly and it hasn't yet passed the point of no return. If you had a direct ear to the President and his military planners, how would you suggest that the war on the insurgents is fought?

NSA

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Two ways

1. Declare all out war on Iraq, concentrate entire force in Iraq and hunt down all rebels.

2. Get America out of there.

Surf

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I remember that they used the fact that saddam crushed the uprising after the first gulf war to make us feel that we need to take him out and go to war, now the same thing is happening again and this time its the americans who are crushing any uprisings, slaughering them by the thousands.
Something wierd about that, but im sure there are plenty of bush apologists out there to correct me.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If the insurgents in Iraq are going to be defeated you to use there own tacits against them apart from suicide bombings . Replace some of the Conventional forces with the Australian, British SAS and American special forces the hunted will become the hunter.

top topics

join