It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Beautiful Day in So. California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

An absolutely gorgeous day in So.California going on three weeks
in a row now. I'm Randyvious Astrocometus, in apple Valley Ca.
And I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world.

We are sunny under beautiful blue skys with no wind
at sixty degrees. Right now, I'm leave,n my post at this
PC for a bucket of golf balls I have in my shed out back.
And for the next couple of hours, I'll be practicing my drive
in to the open fields out in back. Try' n to bounce one
off the back wall of Cadillic Ranch. The Bar on Hwy 18
that I live behind. Google if you like.

Just wanted to rub it in.
:
edit on 23-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I live out in Joshua Tree CA, been very nice here just a tad cold at night. Been warmer then usual I love it !

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Soooooooo happy for you. It's 22 on its way to 6 here. My golf balls are freezing. Carry on, Mr. Sunshine!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Welcome from San Diego...

You are now on the list. đź‘Ť

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I wouldn't mind buying 2 or 3 gallons of that sunshine, if you have some to spare.

We're sitting at 32*, and my tan is fading......

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thanks for making me home sick.

Now I am stuck in this this strange place that has this evil cold white stuff on the ground.

It is very strange, still can't quite wrap my head around this odd substance, and I don't like it one bit!

I miss the feel of sunshine.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well... The sunshine right now is not a good thing.

We are in the worst drought that we have been in in years. It snowed once here and rained once. The reservoirs that give you your water to drink are going dry.

How much are you going to like it when the cost of food skyrockets this year because of the water crisis? It's not just california that will be affected but most of the U.S. will feel the impact.

We as Californians need the rain as we do not have any other outside sources of water that come to us. Today was 70 degrees in my town in February and here we are almost to the Oregon border. 70 degrees during winter for a week strait is not a good thing.

But be happy as you will with the sunshine and all it may come to bite you in the butt when it's all said and done.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

I hear what you"re say'in lot.
I guess I just realised, I can't do one damn thing
to change one damn thing anyway. Because the only thing
that's going to happen, is exactly what's supposed to hapen.
Nothing more nothing less despite what we think we can do about
it. Or even what we want to do about it. So screw it. I've decided
I'm glad it doesn't rain. I like sunshine.

edit on 24-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

randyvs

I hear what you"re say'in lot.
I guess I just realised, I can't do one damn thing
to change one damn thing anyway. Because the only thing
that's going to happen, is exactly what's supposed to hapen.
Nothing more nothing less despite what we think we can do about
it. Or even what we want to do about it. So screw it. I've decided
I'm glad it doesn't rain. I like sunshine.

edit on 24-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

You only say this because your water is pumped straight to you. Mostly from Colorado.

So what happens when the source of all your water gets rationed or non existent. Are you going to be happy when you cannot fill your pool to swim in this summer or all of your local watering holes have dried up into shriveled mud patches.

And yes I have lived in the la basin before and I do know they get their fair share of rain.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here in Hollywood,Ca it's around 70 and cloudy

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You only say this because your water is pumped straight to you. Mostly from Colorado.

Is it my fault that Colorado is servant to we who are Kings in California? Seems to me
Colorado is lucky to be in such an association. When Cascadia or even Canada
could be just as faithful a servant. If they make pipe lines for oil, who's to say
they wouldn't make one for water ?

So it's actually Colorado I should be worried about dry'n up then? IDK know,
but I you hope you aren't taking my thread to seriously Lot.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That wasn't even the point of the post. The only reason that you can live in so cal is because your given the water, without that vital pipeline do you think anywhere south of Bakersfield could thrive? You could pipe it from japan for all I care. The fact is that you have come to think that the water will always be there.

Where I live there is an extreme water shortage and any water that we contain in any of our reservoirs are either going to the crops to feed you, or it is being pumped to San Francisco. None of it will be drank by us nor used except for recreational use.

I can tell you are a person that relies on other people to get the things you need other than going out and obtaining it yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I can tell you are a person that relies on other people to get the things you
need other than going out and obtaining it yourself.

Maybe it's my avatar that's confusing you? I assure you I'm not a king.

Or

Why are you picking on me?

edit on 30-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not trying to pick on you. I apologize if I did so.

We as fellow Californians just need to understand that what we do will affect the rest of the state. Or even the country.

I myself love the sun as much as you, but right now the sun is our own worst enemy. And we need the rain to be able to prosper. We do live in an arid region except much of the Bay Area being our rain forest. But most of that water doesn't get a chance to be able to be stored before reaching the ocean.

I want my green california back
lol

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I'm not trying to pick on you. I apologize if I did so.

Ahh! No need to apologize. I like getting beat up by a girl.

Seriously, I hope my little genesis from boredom thread didn't
offend you or anyone else. And I respect what you're saying.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I hear ya, randy. In all the years I've lived where I now live in CA, I never once was able to sit out on my balcony and enjoy sunshine and warmth day after day. The low temps are still low, but the hi's are incredible. In fact, my husband and I decided to not return to the Mojave to spend time but to stay and enjoy our irregular weather at home.

As much as I am taking it in at the moment, I pray we get rain. I lived through the 1970s drought years, and if this time is worse ... well, that's bad!

I hope we get a good snow dump in the southern Sierras in Feb. And it's still possible to get snow even in April and a tiny bit in May, but in the big scheme of things at this point that would only be the same as having a canteen of water versus a steady supply.

I don't know your current water situation, but If Apple Valley gets its water from the Mojave River, then you might be better off than the communities over the hill. Strange, because that River is underground most of the way, so if you point to it and tell people that's where you get your water, they think you're crazy. But the Mojave still needs the Easter Sierra snowpack to join its flow.

TheLotLizard

The fact is that you have come to think that the water will always be there.

Sadly, this is so so true. We have done foolish things, in CA, yes, but not here alone, because we thought we could always get water from somewhere, like an alcoholic who sometimes finds the liquor cabinet empty and starts to look for other sources of alcohol around the house.

It may be that this will be our generation's Dust Bowl, both tragedies having roots in belief in unlimited natural resources along with bad practices.

You'ld think, that as humans we could avoid tragedies, but sometimes the best we can do is learn from them.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Well that's an excellent celebration in warning desert. Gooe retort.

top topics

join