It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How am I going to vote now I know the voting is rigged?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'd say micky mouse, but I don't trust him.

Go for donald duck.

Seriously though? If you're passionate enough about it, start a mock vote. An independent website that doesn't allow any main contenders on the ballot. Put the bio of all third party candidates on the site. Then poll people by IP address, and SSN. One vote per person. Secure the site, keep voters information private, and try to push it to online alternative media outlets.

Also be sure to have a section showing why you exist. Link to information about vote rigging, and how you would like to see policies enacted to curb it in the future.

Last, show why it's so hard to get 3rd party candidates into the limelight. Show funding from the government going to the two main parties. Show how media/corporate ties keep 3rd party candidates from having airtime compared to the "electable" two-party candidates.

Spend a few minutes figuring a shnazzy name that has yet to be taken on godaddy:

therealvote2014
myvotecounts2014
candidatethis2014
ivotedforrealz2014
edit on 23-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The ignorance of the electoral college around here is simply dumbfounding. I really hope some of you take the time to actually understand why we have an electoral college. The short of it is that it allows states such as Wyoming to actually matter and to be represented. Without the electoral college smaller states would also eventually be pushed out of the House and Senate.

I will continue to vote as I always have, and in every election I am allowed to vote in. The most important votes you can cast are your local elections, where issues that actually affect you, are decided.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

usernameconspiracy
The ignorance of the electoral college around here is simply dumbfounding. I really hope some of you take the time to actually understand why we have an electoral college. The short of it is that it allows states such as Wyoming to actually matter and to be represented. Without the electoral college smaller states would also eventually be pushed out of the House and Senate.

I will continue to vote as I always have, and in every election I am allowed to vote in. The most important votes you can cast are your local elections, where issues that actually affect you, are decided.

So why is it a race for the electoral votes instead of a race for the popular vote?
I live in CA and i don't vote blue, when is the last time CA didn't go blue?
Where is my voice? How many states went independent in electoral college last election? Do you think that is fair representation of who voted for the independent?
Its a great idea on paper, get the small states heard, but when a big states trumps 10 small states on electoral college votes... Whats the point?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Sremmos80
I will never vote in a presidential election until they get rid of the electoral college.
Vote if you live in a swing state, i live in CA, the blue gets those electoral points almost immediately
Where is my voice?

where is your voice?....the same place a democrats voice is located in the state of Alabama...nowhere. if you know a country that is such an outstanding example of democracy, then you should move there.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

jimmyx

Sremmos80
I will never vote in a presidential election until they get rid of the electoral college.
Vote if you live in a swing state, i live in CA, the blue gets those electoral points almost immediately
Where is my voice?

where is your voice?....the same place a democrats voice is located in the state of Alabama...nowhere. if you know a country that is such an outstanding example of democracy, then you should move there.

That just proves my point, thank you.
States shouldn't be won to a certain side because that is what most the state votes, that is my entire point
And i won't move from the country i was born in because others have ruined it
If you don't want to hear it then you move
That is why we have our rights, so we can be heard when we don't feel we are being represented..
Doesn't make me some anti american that needs to get out

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

usernameconspiracy

why does Wyoming matter?....the population of it is equal to the population of the county I live in, thus, you have an enormous amount of power in government, in relationship to any and all of the citizens of the single county I live in...so, I don't care about Wyoming, or, I should say, I care about Wyoming about as much as you care about San Joaquin county, in central California.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Sremmos80

jimmyx

Sremmos80
Where is my voice?

States shouldn't be won to a certain side because that is what most the state votes, that is my entire point
That is why we have our rights, so we can be heard when we don't feel we are being represented..

ok, fine, I'll except that...look, I'm not a fan of the electoral college either...but...in a lot of the states there are laws being passed to disenfranchise voters altogether...an 80 year old woman who has been voting all her life, should not now be required to have a valid birth certificate. too many of our older people were born on farms, in small rink-a-dink towns, at home with relatives, or by midwives to have valid birth certificates. getting people validated to vote with the new laws should be the responsibility of those that passed those laws in the first place....the electoral college can be dealt with at a latter time.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

jimmyx

Sremmos80

jimmyx

Sremmos80
Where is my voice?

ok, fine, I'll except that...look, I'm not a fan of the electoral college either...but...in a lot of the states there are laws being passed to disenfranchise voters altogether...an 80 year old woman who has been voting all her life, should not now be required to have a valid birth certificate. too many of our older people were born on farms, in small rink-a-dink towns, at home with relatives, or by midwives to have valid birth certificates. getting people validated to vote with the new laws should be the responsibility of those that passed those laws in the first place....the electoral college can be dealt with at a latter time.

But he electoral college has been around longer then the law you are talking about so why does that need to be dealt with later?
It doesn't matter if we get gma verified anyway if she lives in a red/blue state and votes opposite.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This won't help anybody in deciding how to vote in the US, but maybe some folks find it interesting how things are done in other places:

When I vote, I do not vote for a particular person, but for a list.
The lists i can choose from have been created by the corresponding party. If I want to have a say in that, I do have to join that party. (How they come up with the list is their decision)

Votes are counted and party Y got X%. They now get to fill x% of the seats in parliament, and start at the top of the list.

This has advantages and disadvanteges (As most things)
I vote pink in a very mauve area? (Like voting R in california) Doesn't matter. Pink gets another vote, and might be able to fill another seat with someone further down the list. My voice gets heard.
On the other hand I do not have a representative that I can call. But neither does my millionaire neighbour.
3rd (4th, 5th, 6th) parties also are viable options. They don't have to win 50+% in any area. If they get 5% countrywide they get a seat and a voice, and a stage in parliament to convince people to vote for them next time.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Sremmos80

So why is it a race for the electoral votes instead of a race for the popular vote?
I live in CA and i don't vote blue, when is the last time CA didn't go blue?
Where is my voice? How many states went independent in electoral college last election? Do you think that is fair representation of who voted for the independent?
Its a great idea on paper, get the small states heard, but when a big states trumps 10 small states on electoral college votes... Whats the point?

The electoral vote is based on the popular vote. I can't think of one time where a state's electoral votes did not go to the winner of the popular vote in that state. Now there are cases of an individual elector not casing that one electoral vote as he or she was supposed to, but never has a state's electoral votes gone to the candidate who lost the popular vote in that state.

Electoral or popular, if you live in California, you are on the wrong end of the vote. I live in Texas. I rarely vote for a Republican. I know going in, I'm not voting for the winner, but I am making my voice heard. I am voting for who I want.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

In recent times it happened in 2000.

It's happened twice in history besides that, long ago.

No ignorance of it here.

2000: The Supreme Court Steps In
Few U.S. presidential contests have ended as acrimoniously as the election of 2000. Even now, after nearly a decade, emotions run high among committed partisans of Republican George W. Bush and Democrat Al Gore when discussion turns to the subjects of “dimples,” under-votes, “hanging chads,” or the Supreme Court’s ruling that ended the recount process in Florida.
The general election campaign, though hard fought, gave little indication of the controversy to come. According to most polls, Governor Bush of Texas held a narrow lead, but Vice President Gore appeared to be closing the gap. Two minor party candidates presented a complicating factor: Consumer advocate Ralph Nader’s Green Party was perceived as drawing support from Gore voters, while Patrick Buchanan, nominee of the Reform Party, was expected to cut into Bush’s popular vote.
More than 105 million Americans cast votes for president on November 7; by early evening it was clear that the election would be close. Gore held a slight popular vote lead nationwide, and the electoral vote was also tight, standing at 246 electoral votes for Bush and 255 for Gore, with 37 undecided in three states. New Mexico and Oregon, with 12 votes, were eventually declared for Gore, but Florida, with 25 decisive electoral votes and where Bush held a tiny lead, remained in contention.
Reports of confusing ballots and other irregularities led to demands for statewide and county recounts in Florida. The national Democratic and Republican parties dispatched teams of lawyers and political operatives to make their case in the courts and media. Acrimonious and widely publicized disputes over the recounts dominated the news for weeks, and both parties filed suit in Florida state and federal courts. Meanwhile, the clock was ticking: Federal law required Florida to declare its electoral vote by December 12.
After a series of starts and stops and conflicting lower court decisions, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled five to four that Florida’s recount procedures violated the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause and that, since there was no time to devise and implement a different plan, the vote would stand. The court’s decision was assailed by Gore supporters as politically biased in favor of the Republican Party, but the recounts ended and George Bush was declared the winner in Florida with a margin of 537 votes. Nationwide, Bush won 271 electoral votes to Al Gore’s 266, but Gore had received about 540,000 more popular votes.
Although bitterly disappointed, Vice President Gore accepted the results and urged his supporters to respect the Supreme Court's decision in the best interests of the nation. A number of representatives contested the results when Congress met to count the electoral vote on January 6, 2001, but they lacked Senate co-sponsors and were disallowed by Gore, who as vice president presided over the session. Bush was inaugurated on January 20, the first U.S. president in more than a century who failed to win a plurality of the popular vote.

Read more: iipdigital.usembassy.gov...

As for the legitimacy of the popular vote in the first place, I have this to contribute:

One must only know that "electable" candidates are corporate puppets, and that the corporate controlled media shapes the elections to be so close. Then the vote-rigging software can flip it to whomever they believe will be of most benefit to the corrupters allied causes.
edit on 24-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

But there has been times where the popular vote didn't agree with the electoral at the end. 4 times actually, well only 3 by the college. Sure the last one was the bush fiasco, but honestly that is what turned me off to presidential elections. And that only Red/Blue candidates seem to get attention.

I do fully agree with local elections tho.. Since like you said would have a direct impact on me

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Blaine91555
Voter apathy is far more dangerous than the rare occasions when voter fraud occurs. To be honest it seems to me people always seem to have an excuse for not voting, but in most cases the truth in my opinion, is they just don't get around to it. It's just to much bother to vote.

Sadly those are the same people it seems who often yell the loudest.

Then you have those who vote as an illiterate, knowing nothing about the candidates and voting based on which Party their parents belonged to, skin color, religion or if the candidate is cute.

I don't think the proven voter fraud cases are egregious enough to change a national election, although local ones are likely often impacted. The problem is not that as much as people being married to two Parties.

Yes, I will continue to vote as I feel like I'd have no right to complain if I do not and the elections are not as rigged as alarmists would have us believe.

This thread is all about which president candidate will surface in the end on top. In the OP we will assume for argument sake that the outcome is set. If we assume that the voting system is compremised It doesn't really matter which party has majority. The president will be a spokesperson and tool of the group with the real power. I do not know very much about the US political aparatus but from what I have gathered the US president can bring certain change no matter what the senate or congress wishes.

Somebody proposed for the entire nation not to vote as a protest. When this many people are awake I am sure there already have been riots in the streets and will this signal from the people be an excuse to initiate marshall law...and will the corrupt elements in government (which already are in power) grab control over the nation and probably consider this development a welcome gift.

Now..the question remains: what am I to do..?

I came to the conclusion that as a single person there is not much you can do. Like in ancient Rome I think it is important as a united people to have the army on your side if a thorough cleanup is required.

PS Not entirely on topic but I am afraid that when these corrupt elements in government sense that too many people become awake 'they' will try to draw the nations attention towards something else. Probably something which force the nation to look at their leaders for guidance or help. That something will be something very terrible I think.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

jimmyx

if you know a country that is such an outstanding example of democracy, then you should move there.

Switzerland. I suggest Switzerland.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by zatara

I do not think it would matter whether the voting was rigged or not. Simply put, it makes not a damn bit of difference which of the two parties gets in, because the wider agenda is identical for both, despite their stated differences of opinion. That is the reality, even here in Britain, where there are more than two parties vying for votes and prestige.

Like the UK government, the US government and electoral system needs purging. All its current participants should be expunged from it, and banned from becoming involved in any political activity for the rest of their lives, and charged with treason should any of them attempt to circumvent that in the future.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The way Nebraska does it makes perfect sense to me. We get five electoral votes and they are split. Each congressional district gets a vote and the two senate votes go to whoever wins the state's popular vote. So in 2008, the electoral votes for Nebraska went McCain 4, Obama 1.

With this system, Republicans would have a reason to care about California and Democrats would have a reason to care about Texas.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They let you vote to think you are in control, when in reality you are not, and they have different parties so you will always be devided.

I have never voted in my life, because as soon as I was interested (18 or 19) I could tell it was all BS. Just by what they said, then what they did, completly opposite of what they said.

Then they have political shows, that devide people even more.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join