It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine Finding Me - Then & Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
At the age of 10, Chino Otsuka left her home country of Japan to move to the United Kingdom for school. When she arrived she was faced with the challenges that come with relocating to a foreign country. Adapting to new languages, cultures and environments while still navigating childhood were part of Otsukas journey now. It was this time in her life that inspired her to create a photo series she titled "Imagine Finding Me".
Otsuka uses digital techniques to create double self portraits which show her present self in places she visited in her youth. Some backgrounds include bakeries in Paris, trains in Spain and pleasant parks in London: chino.co.uk...

1980+2009, Nagayama, Japan

1977+2009, Jardin du Luxumberg, France

1981+2006, Ofuna, Japan

1979+2006, Kitakamakura, Japan

1982+2005, Paris, France

1975+2009, Pont des Arts, France

1984+2005, London, UK

- Designer Joe Luxton and his brother have been recreating childhood family photographs as their adult selves. Although this isn`t a new concept there’s really something about the attention to detail and awkward situations these two have remade: THEN & NOW PHOTOS

edit on 23-1-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Nice post. Shame about the guy with a ribbon on his head lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

The first ones of Otsuka are just brilliant. I honestly don't even know how to respond. Just genius.

The second batch is flatout hilarious, especially the last one, good on them all!

S&F!

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What an amazing idea, and how creative is she!

I love to play around with my photographs. This is very inspiring, I might try it out myself.

S&F
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Yes, poor beard girl, lol

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Oh how funny!
SnF

That truly made me laugh. I sure needed a laugh.
And that first set of pictures was really quite interesting. I liked how she did that. Very creative.

Thanks for sharing

top topics

join