It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1 billion offered for perfect NCAA basketball tournament bracket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Correctly predicting the outcome of every game in the NCAA men's basketball tournament

OK, math folks how many people we need to cover this?
I Will share, will you ?
How about we share with everyone on ATS ?
Autoview, premonitions, predictions, guesses.....

Come on folks, please !

cbs
edit on 22-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

DETROIT -- Correctly predicting the outcome of every game in the NCAA men's basketball tournament is no layup. There's now a $1 billion prize waiting for anyone able to pull off the feat this spring. Quicken Loans Inc. announced Tuesday that it will team with investor Warren Buffett's Omaha, Neb.-based Berkshire Hathaway on the "Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge." The Detroit-based mortgage lender says any qualified entrant who correctly predicts the winners of every game in the tournament will be paid in 40 annual installments of $25 million. A winner also can elect to receive an immediate $500 million lump-sum payment or share in that payment if there's more than one perfect bracket submitted. Submissions are limited to one per household.

Having said all of that, the contest is still worth your time. Quicken is going to hand out $100,000 to the top 20 most-accurate brackets. I mean, you’re going to fill out a bracket anyway – might as well register it for a bigger prize than your office pool.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

For those of us not in the USA, can you explain what a perfect NCAA bracket is please?
Thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

During March (March Madness) our college basketball teams have a tournament (NCAA Tournament). We fill out a bracket that shows which teams will win advancing through all of the rounds all the way down to the final championship. It's an amazing time for college sports here.

I'll be taking Warren Buffet's challenge. However the odds of getting a perfect bracket are 1 in 9.something quintillion I think from reading about this yesterday.

I've never even been remotely close. You usually have a busted bracket after the first rounds of the tourney.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I'm in on this. Will be reporting back anything useful comes up.

BUT, my question is why can't these billionaires' just contribute to some really needy people/charities without attaching all these billions of strings on their beautiful present?

To me, given the odds, it is a disturbing " in your face" teaser,

edit on 22-1-2014 by watchesfromwall because: Add

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

This is a money maker for them not a give away, isn't that true of all games of chance ?

Where can we get a copy and sign up ?

Net busy on this ESPN no go right now.

Can someone post it if you come across it ?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You will have to wait until closer to tournament time to know the contenders. Start looking beginning of March.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

This link details more specifically, but as freak jive indicates, you have to wait a bit.

www.latimes.com... 3

Interesting to note Quickenloans will be gaining data through the process as I was referring to strings attached above. Therefore, I'm assuming you'll need to google/bing/favorite search engine Quicken Loans and NCAA basketball tournament bracket key words in very late Feb./early March.

edit on 22-1-2014 by watchesfromwall because: Add

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

A billion bucks, that ought to bring back a few time travelers.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
O man I think ill just buy a lotto ticket every day of the turny and have a better chance at winning that....twice...

The challenge is the 64 to 32 round... That is where most get busted IMO, Or when those pesky 6 seeds go too far...

top topics

join