It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philosophy of Love

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Infiniteone2556
reply to post by ExNihiloRed

I do believe the same thing that it technically 3 years to truly get to know a person to really hone in on who that person is and live with that person and all their faults.

That's interesting. Why 3 years? Why not 5 or 2? Is the number significant for you personally?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Love and Lust are often intertangled in today's society. I however do believe in love at first site. I believe that sometimes people are just meant to meet and in that instant you can fall in love. That's not to say that things won't change over time. Everyone changes. Everything changes. But to truly love someone you must love them unconditionally. How is it that society has accepted this stigmatism that you can fall in and out of love with someone? If you cheat on me I will no longer love you. If you lie to me I will no longer love you. If you treat me poorly I will no longer love you. Etc... Were you truly in love with that person? Or were you just in love with the thought of them?

I have had to leave people I was deeply in love with. I talk to most of the people I've dated over the years and yes still love them no matter what they did. I did however love myself more than to be repeatedly hurt or could see that the relationship was just causing pain and left. I am currently with someone that I met a little over a year ago. We didn't talk more than 5 minutes. And didn't talk again for months. I knew when I saw him there was something special there. Neither of us were in a position to pursue that but here we are now and he has made me such an incredibly strong person. Not to mention by my side. I don't know what I'd do without him. I'd survive of course but he is a part of me. And I loved him at first site.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Still, life is more powerful since it is always there, has been there before love, can exist without love for all of eternity.

One can be alive and happy but without love, so it holds no power over such a person. Before gender lifeforms, there were nongender lifeforms, meaning those which procreated without a mate or 'love' as we know it. They still exist so that is evidence life can exist without love. Besides human cases of babies born without love or even the act of love (IVF), those babies can become healthy individuals and be happy later in life just like anybody else.
edit on 28-2-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

lilultra
Love and Lust are often intertangled in today's society. I however do believe in love at first site. I believe that sometimes people are just meant to meet and in that instant you can fall in love. That's not to say that things won't change over time. Everyone changes. Everything changes. But to truly love someone you must love them unconditionally. How is it that society has accepted this stigmatism that you can fall in and out of love with someone? If you cheat on me I will no longer love you. If you lie to me I will no longer love you. If you treat me poorly I will no longer love you. Etc... Were you truly in love with that person? Or were you just in love with the thought of them?

I have had to leave people I was deeply in love with. I talk to most of the people I've dated over the years and yes still love them no matter what they did. I did however love myself more than to be repeatedly hurt or could see that the relationship was just causing pain and left. I am currently with someone that I met a little over a year ago. We didn't talk more than 5 minutes. And didn't talk again for months. I knew when I saw him there was something special there. Neither of us were in a position to pursue that but here we are now and he has made me such an incredibly strong person. Not to mention by my side. I don't know what I'd do without him. I'd survive of course but he is a part of me. And I loved him at first site.

I forgot about this thread. :/

Don't worry lilultra, I believe in 'love at first sight too.'
Doesn't always mean it's two sided love. But it happens.

I also believe people meet for a reason, regardless of whether a person stays in your life or not. Sometimes they aren't meant to stay I guess. That can be painful enough to cause you physical illness. But you have to suffer it, if it's meant to be.

But there is always a reason. Maybe they were a teacher for you for some lesson you had to learn. Maybe you were their teacher for something. But there is always a reason people cross your path.

I do think there is someone out there for everyone. You just have to wait for them, I guess.

I am glad you found your 'meant to stay.'

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

lilultra

One may begin by loving unconditionally, but if the object of that love *cheats, *lies,
*treats you with contempt, * objectifies you, *breaks trust . . . .
Are you stupid enough to think that they have one iota of love for you? and wouldn't it
be stupid to go on loving someone who is so totally and utterly disrespectful of you?

I would say it was not so much a case of 'stop loving' as 'love being killed?'

'Love' needs a balance to survive at best 49% / 51% .....
40% / 60% possibly .... anything less becomes a dependency/dominance of one over
the other.

Love between two people or familial love 'doesn't stand by itself' love cannot exist
without the presence of *respect, *trust, *truth and *loyalty.

'LOVE' .... can be as strong as it is tender, BUT, it needs to be nurtured and nourished
it will not, it cannot, bloom in barren soil!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join