It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Senator de Leon confirms he is an idiot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh, it gets even better for Senator de Leon.

Full retard has been exceeded. I don't know what the next level is after that, but de Leon has achieved it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

At the 3 minute mark, he is greatly incorrect. All receivers are serialized and require it be shipped to an FFL, which in turn requires a background check for release to the customer.

Not only is he an idiot, he is parading lies as fact.

Now, if he is speaking of a blank lower receiver, which is 80% completed, there is no need for an FFL transfer. There is just more then a "drill press" needed to make it usable.

And he is incredibly inaccurate as to the legality as well. It is legal to manufacture a firearm in CA. Mother Jones had an article that detailed this a bit ago.
Most states allow people to manufacture their own firearm, which does not require SN or FFL/background check. The firearm is just not able to be sold, transferred or taken out of the state.

edit on 21-1-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
He knows he doesnt know what the hell he's talking about. His constituents also know they know nothing about what they're hearing and perhaps worst of all is that law the "professionals" behind him obviously know he's completely full of #.

None of this will stop him from being re-elected, people from re-electing him nor those same law enforcement folks from going out and drawing down on grandma to enforce the laws they know are based on absolute bull.

The only thing that can save a situation like that is the "big one" sending that state off into the ocean.

Next time you see some kid with obvious mental and emotional debilitation don't feel sorry for that kid may someday be wearing a badge and aiming a gun at you or wearing a suit and writing the laws that make a felon out of you.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I love guns and am well trained in them but like you I prefer a blade. We can open cary a single edge blade in some states and even switchblades in others.Ballistic knives and Balisongs are strickly verbotten. Funny about the butterly knives,I actually would prefer some one to attempt to use one of those against me,than a standard blade,just so I can attack the idiot while he's screwing arround with it.
The down side is our courts LOOSE THEIR MINDS about knife work,juries aren't to keen on it either.
Human nature I suppose.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
What's a ghost gun? Never heard of that before and I've been around firearms all of my life.

I think a ghost gun, is a weapon that has had it's serial numbers filed off.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

manufacturing a firearm isn't impossible. Especially if you know anything about welding. My son and I have talked about this a bit.

It would be nice if none of my guns had serial numbers because we had crafted them ourselves. Then again, we typically are more than happy with simple bolt action.
edit on 1/21/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Thanks, it is a movie quote, guess I should have changed the name

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

I know. I used to watch Billy Madison at least once a week.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Check out this page...

www.gov.uk...

It shows just how limiting the laws are in the UK on the carriage, ownership, and purchase of knives. If the second amendment in the US is threatened, it could lead to US law eventually ending up in the same awful state as the laws here, detailed in the above link.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Gotta make a meme out of this one to.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

technical difficulties

I'm going to out on a limb and assume he was referring to the latter when talking about the AR-15. I don't much about AR-15s, but I'm pretty sure you can't make them (or any other gun for that matter) entirely out of plastic.

There is a video on the net of a 100% plastic gun firing a handful of rounds before succumbing.

Possible yes, practical NO
Would've been nice if you posted the video of this, but i'll just take your word for it. I imagine you couldn't make bullets out of plastic (and if you could, it would probably be even less effective than the gun you mentioned), so the only way you could get these "ghost guns" through metal detectors is if you didn't carry any bullets on you.

I mean, you could hit people with the gun, but you probably won't kill them.

edit on 21-1-2014 by technical difficulties because: edit

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Haha he is a moron.... The cop behind him looked like he was holding back a laugh.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Ok...

Perhaps it is not just on the subject of guns, where de Leon proves his inability to deliver a spoken statement. He refers to the Senate Public Safety meeting, as the "Senate Safety..uh.. Public *skips into the next line*".

Now two things strike me about his delivery. First thing is the possible freudian slip there. His substitution of Senate Public Safety, with "Senate Saftey...." could be his subconcious mind announcing to everyone watching, that what he is more worried about is the safety of his own skin, than the safety of the public. The second thing that struck me as odd is this. When a lobby group or powerful organisation, needs something said in public, by a government official, and they want the public to absorb it on face value, the most important thing is first impressions.

Now, obviously, politicians are professional liars, as we all know. So what I want to know is, how can any organisation, individual or lobby group, find themselves in the position of having bought the only politician on Capitol Hill, who cannot present a decent facade, and deliver a prepared statement in an orderly fashion? This fellow looks like he just stumbled out of a drunk tank. Now, I know I cannot say too much about that... look to the left of this message for example proof of that. However, I do not stand in front of nations and expect people to listen to me!

The more information I get on this, the more video I see of this shambolic legislative hooligan, the less I understand his motivations, or those of the people who organised this bunfight in the first place. I sincerely doubt that it was the Senator in question, because he cannot even organise his thoughts well enough to speak them clearly!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Speaking of Dumb Guys with Guns and those who are Outraged by it......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

No question this guy is as dumb as a brick.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Gun people. I get it. and your welcome to it. Guns are great for killing and self defense. understood. great for hunting (I'd hate to be a game animal if there weren't ANY hunters that's for sure, take it from someone who KNOWS what it's like to starve almost to death) you want to own an assualt rifle? go right ahead. i hate guns. just being around them makes me feel angry and primitive. so i don't own one. i can appreciate that there is exactly NO DIFFERENCE between a muzzle loader and and FN/FAL (unless of course your doing style points, in that case the FN looks cooler, and SOUNDS even cooler!) it's not the gun that bugs me, it's turning little kids into hamburger with them. that's what gets me. that's what guns represent to me. never killed a kid with a gun. never killed they're mom or dad with a gun. never killed they grandfather or grandmother with a gun.
all i ever had to do is click a mouse. guns aren't bad. angry monkeys? totally EVIL. also, i haven't slept in about two days. whoever thought a person could have nightmares about hamburger ?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Galvatron
reply to post by macman

Take them through a logic test for their "opinion" and they become quiet, defensive,

I've never understood when people get mad at me simply for asking them what they think about something.
I'm almost convinced in this virtual reality universe thing, with some people being unconscious programs rather than actual people. It really does seem that way when people are unable to give their own opinion about something aside from what they saw on tv or read in the news.

"Guns are bad and they should be illegal!"
"Why do you think that?"
"I don't know."
"Well what made you think they're bad?"
"You're an @$$hole!"

I've had actual conversations with people where they've said they believe in so-and-so, and when asked why, they informed me that they didn't know and then literally refused to think about why they believe whatever it was.
edit on 1/22/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Because people as a whole, do not like to admit they are wrong. It is inherent.
And when confronted with the truth that they are wrong, normal reaction is anger and a want to disengage.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Either he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about, or he's being intentionally dishonest to further the fear propaganda towards firearms. Either way, he shouldn't be talking about anything that involves firearms, I'd dare venture to say he probably shouldn't be talking about anything at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join