It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Everyone Should Have A Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Some fun for a dreary afternoon. Enjoy ....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have two
Can't find a better companion anywhere

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Dog's Rule!

yeah, they're needy sometimes .... but, you can never have a better friend.

They're ALWAYS happy to see you, whether you've been outside for 15 seconds to get the mail, or 7 hours for whatever reason, or 4 days after a long weekend. They follow you around the house like, "what are you doing now, Mom? Why did you come in here, Mom? It's time for breakfast, Mom! I need to go outside at 3am, Mom!" (the latter I usually leave to "Pops", because he's on the outside of the bed.....
but then it's me who has to get up to let them back in when they literally "KNOCK" on the door when they're done.)

I LOVE MY DOGS.
S/F

edit on 1/16/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How about just because they are awesome???? (Cute video though!)

In fact, why have one, when you can have two?
Just added this little monster to our home Saturday.

Abby the Boxer.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Every person should have a Dog because every Dog needs a person.

Now if only ATS can see that we all need an Animal-Pets Forum.

Peace

edit on 16-1-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

chiefsmom
How about just because they are awesome???? (Cute video though!)

In fact, why have one, when you can have two?
Just added this little monster to our home Saturday.

Abby the Boxer.

Aww they will be BEST buddies!!

I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier ( not a pit), A hairless chinese crested, and an elderly Choc lab. Theyre the REAL 3 amigos! I really got lucky because they are all so well behaved and get along so well. Its a good cohesive pack of clowns. LOL! That 8 lb hairless one runs the show!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I hate dogs. My dog's an ass to me. He eats my pizza when we order takeout, leaving all the other human food. He barks when outside to come in but he gets his leash stuck on purpose when he's outside so that I have to actually get dressed to get him, then he makes me wait before he walks in. Then he barks at me when I let him back in to go back out, not even after five minutes. I was always nice to that dog, but he'd rather only be nice to the one person in the house who hit him with newspaper all the time just for being in the dinner room.

Dog's name is Thai, pronounced like the culture. I think he's mentally ill though. The cats put him under so much stress ever since I rescued gypsy, a cat who knows the dog isn't harmful, but whose instincts would make her defend her kitten against it anyways. He does this thing where he pushes his dog food into a corner, spreads it out all over the floor, eats one piece, then repeats the process.

Cats all the way. Cats are my dogs. Sometimes I even think I have a psychic connection with my cats. I can think about one of them and they just show up for me to pet. I have five in total, although we may have to put one down. Hopefully, getting her fixed changes the fact that she's the spawn of evil towards everything but humans.
edit on 0141k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 0141k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
We have an old fat beagle. She howls. She smells like a hound dog. She 'talks' in her sleep and snores.
She is gimpy and she has seizures. But she luvs us and we luv her.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

I"m a cat person, married to a dog person. I'd much rather have cats, but I'm fond of the dog we have.
Oh .... and we have two fish. They were won at a school carnival 8 years ago or so. At that time
they were each an inch long and the carnival guy said they wouldn't live much longer than a week.
Now they both are a foot long in a huge tank in the living room. Ugh.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I don't know if you have found this to be true, but we have found that training and everything goes better when we had an older dog, then brought in the puppy. Dozer, the bulldog, was actually trained by our old male boxer, that had more patients than I did. And funny now that he is showing the same thing with Abby. Because 1/2 hour after being in the home, she was growling, barking and biting his lips. He just sits there like, "whatever". Until he finally has enough, then he tries to sit on her.

@ Jude
Hmmmm... older dog w/younger dog behavior, another great topic for a PETS/Animal thread! Keep up the good fight!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well, here's a fun one with animals vs mirrors, and lots of cats!!!

Enjoy everybody!!
thanks, FF!!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

chiefsmom

@ Jude
Hmmmm... older dog w/younger dog behavior, another great topic for a PETS/Animal thread! Keep up the good fight!

I`m fighting. For a long time now with many supporters.

67 flags an counting!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Cats are fun with mirrors and with flashlights. They love to chase the light on the ground.
I'm really a cat person ... but I admit that I snuggle our beagle a bunch.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Oh yeah....laser lights are hysterically funny for pets ..... also, remote helicopters, dangly things, noisy things, bags and boxes....

One of our cats will try to get in ANY box that is sitting around....
no matter how big, how oddly shaped, how small.....

< - - - One of our dogs (but I won't name names), a few years ago, would put his head - his entire HEAD - into a barrel of water to get to the 'waterproof firecrackers' we tossed in there - bark his head off UNDERWATER!!! (He's fine - we stopped doing it after a few tries, to save his hearing)....the other dog (now passed) would "drink" the smoke from smoke bombs dropped down a pipe in the backyard.

Ah, so many tales to tell.

We have two of each. For now.

I agree, if you're going to have one - have two. They keep each other occupied, even 'translate' for one another....

They crack me up, keep me company, and make me feel 'needed and in charge'. Don't we all want that???

I love my critters!!!! Such unique personalities, senses of humor, foibles and triumphs......

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I don't know if you have found this to be true, but we have found that training and everything goes better when we had an older dog, then brought in the puppy.

Same thing with horses. I had a young colt, brought in an older mare, and let her do the 'training'....

Some people feel that animals are "stupid" and "noncommunicative" -- but, you live with them long enough, you get them....

Here comes the manx to walk on my qweoiewijre'lk'gjgflk';;'fda;sl !!! Aarghhhh!!!!
Earlier today I was writing out the bills - he always comes to lie on the checkbook and papers.
Little trouble maker. Loudmouth, too....
now I have to let him out....

LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Beagles are great!!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Dogs, who needs a dog, why everyone of course! Dogs aren't just dogs, they are family. I have two, a 10 year old local mutt and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. The oldest one can no longer walk and her vision is just about gone. I have to hand feed and water her and change her bedding sometimes twice a day as she soils it. Many would have had her put down already but she's my baby, I just can't do it. She's not long for this world but I'm there for her.

The Corgi on the other hand is 3 years old and I got him when he was 1 yr old. No one wanted him and the pet shop owner one day asked if I wanted him since every time I came in to get supplies and food I would give him attention. Had to ask my wife if she was OK with it, her reply, "get the dog". He is a great dog and he loves his daddy.

On another note, I love cats too. Our last cat was a pure bred Burmese and lived for 18 yrs, what a super cat.

OP thanks for the thread

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
some people can not look after a dog never mind a child i have pulled a few lately about the way they care for their pet one neighbor's dog howl's with the cold as it is kept outside in minus temp's all night long all it does is go oooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww

and people forget 6 hrs to a human is 24 to a dog so people locking the dog in the house for 12 + hours as they work is like saying to you no toilet for 2.5 days does wonders for a dog's bladder over the years .

and my next door neighbor has 2 adult alsations plus 7 pups who never get walked and the crap is everywhere and not cleaned up and visable from my kitchen window in the summer i cannot open it with the smell when they do clean it up it usually takes a plastic bucket 18 inches high filled to the top and then some .

i put on my dexter head lately and a few annon calls to the howling dog owner and the animal welfare sorted them out .

but dogs for everyone no no no some people cannot look after themselves let alone a pet

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

chiefsmom

I don't know if you have found this to be true, but we have found that training and everything goes better when we had an older dog, then brought in the puppy. Dozer, the bulldog, was actually trained by our old male boxer, that had more patients than I did. And funny now that he is showing the same thing with Abby. Because 1/2 hour after being in the home, she was growling, barking and biting his lips. He just sits there like, "whatever". Until he finally has enough, then he tries to sit on her.

@ Jude

Yeah, I have noticed that in the past with my now deceased American Bulldog
Not with this set up so much though.. this elderly one has only been here about a year. One thing that has happened is that the younger dogs helped HER. She was a rescue.. I got a call from a cop I know , she was very very neglected and abused..and took her in. She was a MESS. The younger ones helped her out and it was pretty amazing to watch really.

top topics

join