It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Lost the 2.3 Trillion ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is directed to those who believe that $2.3 trillion played a role in 911.
Those who think the money or records of money were burned up in the fires.

Which agency(s) budget was 'shorted' to account for $2.3 trillion ?
How could the shortage go 'overlooked' by those agencies and their book keepers ?

Please give us some numbers (dollars/years) behind your beliefs.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Not too sure.
edit on 15-1-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Widely mis-reported story in which Rumsfeld announced that the Pentagon can't account for 2.3 Trillion Dollars, not that it was lost.
This is to say that if you went in to audit the Pentagons accounts, you wouldnt be able to easily locate said funds due to the poor administrative and operational processes used..not that it was missing.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Throw a piece of bread out the window....and you'd be surprised at all the squirrels and rats and birds that come within heartbeats....

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

samkent

How could the shortage go 'overlooked' by those agencies and their book keepers ?

You sure about the numbers..? Last I checked was 2.3 billion dollars!!

All the alphabet agencies has their finger on that soup… still no one mentioned a single word about vanished hundreds of tons of (Kuwaitis GOLD) supposedly located under the wtc.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I know that it was just accounting discrepancies between accounting systems.
But people on here keep bringing it up as part of the conspiracy.

I want those believers to show us some numbers as to where the money came from.

Example:
The police find a dead body in an alley. On this body they find $11,500 in cash.
You can bet the investigation is going to involve finding the origional source of the money.

If you believe $2.3 trillion was stolen from the tax payers, tell us who lost it? Which agency(s) and how much and what years was it taken from?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Rumsfeld said $2.3 TRILLION.
Not Billion.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

amkia

samkent

You sure about the numbers..? Last I checked was 2.3 billion dollars!!

All the alphabet agencies has their finger on that soup… still no one mentioned a single word about vanished hundreds of tons of (Kuwaitis GOLD) supposedly located under the wtc.

No, Rumsfeld said 2.3 TRILLION, not billion.

"Rumsfeld Buries Admission of Missing 2+ Trillion Dollars in 9/10/01 Press Conference"

911research.wtc7.net...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
That's a great question. I wish i had the answers.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

samkent
If you believe $2.3 trillion was stolen from the tax payers, tell us who lost it? Which agency(s) and how much and what years was it taken from?

Whats a matter ?? Rumsfeld admitted as much ,...Is his word not good enough for ya?

Can't say I blame ya,,,It all goes to black projects ,,we think

edit on 15-1-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

Can't say I blame ya,,,It all goes to black projects ,,we think

That's not the question.
I'm not concearned where it ended up.

Where did the money come from in the first place ?
Who's budget was shorted ?
Who did not speak out ? If the Department of education was susposed to get $30 billion but the check was only for $25 billion wouldn't some one speak out?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

samkent
I'm not concearned where it ended up.

Where did the money come from in the first place ?

The Money comes from the same place all money comes from

Who's budget was shorted ?

The government has a budget ? ya could of fooled me

Who did not speak out ?

People are always speaking out about government waste ,,haven't ya read forums around here...It's just nothing is ever done about it,,theres too much curruption

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

LOL, yea I'm sure we would all be freaked out over the Govt. mishandling $2.3 billion.... They do that all the time, but $2.3 trillion, that's a biggggggggg figure...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is one of those interesting little things that Truthers love to bring up but can never fit it in to any alternative version of events (which they lack in any case).

It comes form a speech by then Defense Sectary Rumsfeld who said the day before 9/11 that according to some estimates we can not track up to 2.3 trillion dollars in transactions. Quite obviously then he is not saying that they have lost the money or anything like that rather than that through some bad accounting at the DoD they cannot track a estimated 2.3 trillion dollars. He then goes on to explain how this is has been caused by different technology different departments and a failing in pentagon bureaucracy that has made it difficult to track a estimated 2.3 trillion. At no point does he say that it was stolen.

Now normally on a thread like this i would get to it with a big long speal to "debunk" this claim however their are sources abound on line that can do that much better than me so if you want to know what was going on with that 2.3 trillion check out the following links and vids.

9/11 Myths

Screw Lose Change

So yes i know 2 links and a video and I am saying "Debunked" is a little premature however I think thats all it really needs. The 2.3 trillion claim does not really seem to fit into any 9/11 conspiracy I am aware of and for the most part it seems like a case of Truthers hearing what they want to. It goes from Rumsfeld saying they cannot track 2.3 trillion due to administrative issues to in the the eyes of some truthers "they done 9/11 to cover up for the stolen 2.3 trillion". It seems to go right over their heads that this would make no sense atoll given that Rumsfeld was talking about it the day before.

hope that answers some of your questions OP.

if not feel free to ask some more, its how we deny ignorance after all.

SnF by the way for that!

edit on 15-1-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Just as an aside, I have been trying to work out how much space 2.3 Trillion dollars worth of gold bullion would require for storage these days.

Now then, one 400 ounce bar of gold these days, has an estimated price of $499,743.96. It has physical dimensions of:

400mm length
80mm width
45mm depth

If you divide 2.3 trillion by the estimated price of a single gold bar of those dimensions, it comes to 4,602,356.8 or thereabouts. That means that if you wanted to store 2.3 trillion dollars worth of gold, you would have to store over four and a half million, 400 ounce bars. That would be a whopping 52,189.8 metric tons of gold. You would need to work out how much room that would take. I would love to figure it out, but the numbers have become too silly, and I am no mathematician.

If you fancy a crack at it, be my guest!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Rumsfeld also said on air that a missile hit the Pentagon. Plenty of sources to back it up, not going to post a link.

It was a $2.3 trillion 'mistake.' My guess is the CIA and black-ops are responsible for the majority of it with a few palms being greased as well.

edit on 15-1-2014 by jrod because: typo gremlins! kinda like whack the mole

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by amkia

LOL, yea I'm sure we would all be freaked out over the Govt. mishandling $2.3 billion.... They do that all the time, but $2.3 trillion, that's a biggggggggg figure...

and not the only time they confessed to such either.

I believe there are two other occasions where trillions are unaccounted for prior to 2001.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

$2.3 trillion? Hah!

Try $8.5 trillion.

The foreign empire, war OF terror, the Police State Industrial Complex/the Military Industrial Complex or the war-for-profit industry, (with the exception of the "Federal Reserve"), is the biggest ripoff in US history.

Its a bottomless pit of CA$H with little or no oversight.

Question remains, is this enough of an incentive to stage a false flag terror attack? I'm gonna go with yes.

Want to Cut Government Waste? Find the $8.5 Trillion the Pentagon Can’t Account For.

That means that the $8.5 trillion in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996, the first year it was supposed to be audited, has never been accounted for.

The best part is the double speak: "can't account for".

Next time someone robs a bank and gets caught, just tell the cops you "can't account for the money".

Works for the government.

edit on 15-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Governments dole their money out to agencies in shares.
Many times money is 'skimmed' from the top or 'misplaced'
as Rumsfeld put it. A little here, a little there.. it's not readily missed
at once, but adds up in the final equation.
The money didn't go missing all at once, a little over time and when
the cities and agencies didn't receive their full funding, questioned why leading into
an inquisition where as a spokes person for the Government, Rumsfeld was that spokesperson,
announces the Government inquiries.

It does seem suspicious this was announced and then someone called 9/11
and the 2.3T announcement was forgotten!

Where did the money go..?
Some say it paid the Bush's close operatives who over-saw the 9/11 fiasco,
the Bin Laden's... to also fund C.I.A colonist's the Tali-Ban and the Al Quaida,
two task forces created by the U.S. known together as the Tal-Quaida.
Some say it paid the corporations (the true terrorists) involved in 9/11.
Some say it went into the mysterious Denver I.A.

We will never actually know IMO.

What does 2.3 trillion look like..?

Be well all.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
The 2.3 trillion claim does not really seem to fit into any 9/11 conspiracy I am aware of

many people wouldn't be surprised at all that the pentagon couldnt account for the money ,,it has been going on since WWII...(Haven't you heard about the $500 dollar toilet seats before)---

So why did would Rumsfeld bring up a day before 911..??? ... well it could of served as a way too divert the pentagon from the upcoming attack,,,The pentagon would have been busy focusing on accounting for the lost money,,,sort like the drills that were being run the same day as 911 that took all but 3-4 fighter jets left to defend the whole eastcoast airspace.

edit on 15-1-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join