It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Won't wait for legislation to advance 2014 priorities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Obama: Won't wait for legislation to advance 2014 priorities

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Tuesday he would not wait for Congress to pass legislation to advance his policy priorities this year and said he was "getting close" to finishing a review of U.S. surveillance practices - to be unveiled on Friday.

Obama, speaking to reporters during a cabinet meeting at the White House, foreshadowed his upcoming State of the Union address and what appeared to be a new messaging strategy by emphasizing his ability to take executive actions without approval from lawmakers.

Which brings us to the impeachment portion of the article...

"We are not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we're providing Americans the kind of help that they need," he said.

"I've got a pen, and I've got a phone. And I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions ... and I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life," he said.

Make sure you contact your reps and let them know how you feel about Reichsführer Obama deciding he does not need to go through congress to create / pass legislation. This man seems to have forgotten the oath he took when he was sworn in with regards to the Constitution.

This arrogance is right up there with the recent court rulings on his illegal and unconstitutional recess appointments. 3 appeals court have told him his actions were illegal yet he still pushed it to the US Supreme Court. I have no idea how the Solicitor General of the US can walk with the size of his balls when they argued to SCOTUS that while the recess appointments were illegal and unconstitutional, the court should stay out of it and allow the Executive and Legislative branch to resolve it.

This President needs to be impeached - plain and simple.
His Cabinet needs to go.

Appoint special prosecutors and charge these people.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
A flag and a star for you. Much admiration for the outspokeness. I am not a fan of him. Mickey Mouse is my fave for the next election. Although I doubt there will be another. I expect his diabolical behavior to continue to astound us for the next year. If it lasts that long.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
He is just going to get worse and worse, he already seems insane with power, and his humanity (if he ever had any), is now perverted to an extreme level of arrogance and narcissism.. As he gets away with more and more constitutional infringements, his lust for power increases exponentially.. He definitely needs to go.. A guy like this should be tied to a public stocks and pelted with all sorts of foul things, just as he himself has pelted every American with foul things.

The supporters he still has are now technically classified as masochists.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

"We are not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we're providing Americans the kind of help that they need," he said.

[bold]"I've got a pen, and I've got a phone. And I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions ... and I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life[/bold]," he said.

He literally thinks he knows what is best for everyone and that he is the end all - be all.

It's a good thing we have Obama, right? We're just too stupid to know what we want. Even our elected officials aren't on Obama's level of greatness. I'm sure he thinks he is giving us all a gift when he allows us to listen to him speak.

2016 suddenly seems really far away...

I wouldn't get your hopes up about impeachment, and I doubt Obama would walk away quietly even if impeachment were attempted, if you know what I mean.

"Foward" at full speed.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

kx12x

2016 suddenly seems really far away...

I wouldn't get your hopes up about impeachment, and I doubt Obama would walk away quietly even if impeachment were attempted, if you know what I mean.

"Foward" at full speed.

I'm looking forward to the 2014 midterms. Change the makeup of the Senate and we could stop Obama cold when he decides to rule by executive order rather than by the consent of the people.

Normally I chalk it up to politics and diverging ideas. However, in this case he has moved beyond that point and has entered a very dangerous realm. When you have prominent Democrats actively calling for Obama to ignore the constitution, we have hit a new low.

The Democrats want a bill that would allow Obama, and all subsequent Presidents, to ignore the debt limit when Congress fails to act. What gets me is the willful ignorance of the Constitution when it comes to separation of powers.

The power of the purse is reserved to Congress while the President got the Veto.

These politicians, on both sides, must go and be replaced with people who represent the will of the people instead of political interests.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Sadly the line between checks and balances and the once powers of the constitution have been eroded with the previews administrations, to the point that congress is nothing but a body for sell to the highest bidder within the private interest fattest wallets and the presidents now uses the power of executive branch and executive actions to do whatever they want, without been challenged.

let not forget that now the obvious NSA domestic surveillance on congress and the supreme court is use as leverage for blackmailing.

Welcome to the America we the people have allowed to be build.

And some still question what liberties and constitutional rights we have lost.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ah man i cant wait for the next election when the left beats the right, you guys come up with comedy gold, dont stop. Between 10 to 20 threads a day with no facts, claiming obama is the anti christ. Keep behing stuck in the past, and keep on complaining. The dems dont even have to do anything and keep on winning the house.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

dukeofjive696969
Ah man i cant wait for the next election when the left beats the right, you guys come up with comedy gold, dont stop. Between 10 to 20 threads a day with no facts, claiming obama is the anti christ. Keep behing stuck in the past, and keep on complaining. The dems dont even have to do anything and keep on winning the house.

If you bothered to read the article you would have noticed the comment came directly from Obama's mouth. Or is this one of those "I never said you could keep your doctor / current health insurance" moments again?

As for evidence all you need to do is check the pending legal action against Holder and Obama on various topics.... Benghazi... Fast and furious.... IRS tax scandal.... Obamacare....NSA surveillance....

Ignoring the truth and facts simply because you don't like them does not nullify them.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Xcathdra

dukeofjive696969

If you bothered to read the article you would have noticed the comment came directly from Obama's mouth. Or is this one of those "I never said you could keep your doctor / current health insurance" moments again?

As for evidence all you need to do is check the pending legal action against Holder and Obama on various topics.... Benghazi... Fast and furious.... IRS tax scandal.... Obamacare....NSA surveillance....

Ignoring the truth and facts simply because you don't like them does not nullify them.

Trust me i dont like defending Obama but your taking his statement out of context. He was referring to health care and the attempt by congress to block funding. And hes right per the constitution he can use executive orders to implement laws passed by congress. The executive branch is allowed to administrate and if that requires him to make an executive order to do just that. He no longer needs their permission to administer healthcare.

new topics

top topics

join