It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Satire: CIA Approached Rodman as Agent forJong-Un Assassination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.duffelblog.com...

CIA Agent Dennis Rodman Fails In Kim Jong-un Assassinatio

WASHINGTON — In a startling development, emails leaked from the Central Intelligence Agency have revealed what many in the intelligence community have been whispering: Former NBA star Dennis Rodman’s recent “basketball diplomacy” trip to North Korea was actually a CIA mission to assassinate Kim Jong-un.
“The plan was that U.S. military units would be ready to roll north across the DMZ as soon as they got wind that the mission was successful,” said a senior intelligence official. “We spent years secretly coordinating with top North Korean generals to stand their divisions down and hand us the keys to their chemical weapons. But like usual, Rodman had to screw it up. Now his cover is blown and years of effort are wasted.”

Is this story really just satire... or beating the horse? Would anyone be shocked if CIA actually did covertly approach the celeb with a very generous offer?

Just wondering, in light of the recent assassination attempt and media possibly releasing news prematurely.. who's to say this ain't one of US many elaborately shady plots??

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

My first thought is that Rodman is far too stupid for them to approach for this type of role. My second thought is that Rodman is just stupid enough to be approached for this role.

I believe it all to be satire however. As much as I would have liked that situation to actually play out.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Haha, that would be great. Though, wouldn't completely surprise me in this World Of The Weird.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

gardener
www.duffelblog.com...

CIA Agent Dennis Rodman Fails In Kim Jong-un Assassinatio

WASHINGTON — In a startling development, emails leaked from the Central Intelligence Agency have revealed what many in the intelligence community have been whispering: Former NBA star Dennis Rodman’s recent “basketball diplomacy” trip to North Korea was actually a CIA mission to assassinate Kim Jong-un.
“The plan was that U.S. military units would be ready to roll north across the DMZ as soon as they got wind that the mission was successful,” said a senior intelligence official. “We spent years secretly coordinating with top North Korean generals to stand their divisions down and hand us the keys to their chemical weapons. But like usual, Rodman had to screw it up. Now his cover is blown and years of effort are wasted.”

Is this story really just satire... or beating the horse? Would anyone be shocked if CIA actually did covertly approach the celeb with a very generous offer?

Just wondering, in light of the recent assassination attempt and media possibly releasing news prematurely.. who's to say this ain't one of US many elaborately shady plots??

The truth may be stranger than fiction. What if it were ALL a plot to provoke the inevitable showdown in Eastern Asia? The CIA lures in Rodman knowing he can't keep his big mouth shut and get him to agree to the plan. I don't know, but I could see that happening. The alphabet spooks use psyops like this on a regular basis to change policy and incite conflict.
Strange days, indeed.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

assuming this is true, he wouldn't of been approached after the fact, he would have been put to the task before they even "became" friends. Again assuming this story is true And if the CIA wanted king of korea to die through Rodman there would be no failure, either they dont want him dead yet , or they dont want him dead yet, again, assuming this idea is true.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

just wondering if you know Rodman on a personnel level or if you thoughts on him are based on media?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

Fair question. I'm going based on his own issues of self-destruction. Couple that with him thinking he has a voice in world politics and his inability to foresee what "could happen" by visiting NK. In recent times he's been nothing more than a bumbling drunk.

I was actually a big Rodman fan during his days in the NBA. I liked his self expression, his hard work in the game and also what he did as far as charity and humanitarian aide.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

In recent times he's been nothing more than a bumbling drunk.

aren't we all, I would like to think that our love for alcohol and self destruction does not take away from our intelligence it just means we got a few extra bucks in our pocket. Personally I thought he was a great player, outside of that i heard he did a sh*tty movie.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Called it! THREE POINTS!
Swish!

edit on 14-1-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Pfft. Just propoganda from the Whitehouse, cause Barry is jealous. He wants to cause a rift between the Bff's, and knows lil' Kim is far too paranoid, and will believe this. He won't be inviting Rodman over for drinks and snacks anymore!

edit on 14-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

That's prolly the cold hard truth of it all....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The DuffleBlog is a satire site like The Onion. And just like the Onion, they have fooled plenty of people who just didn't know any better.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Rodman has fried too many brain cells to be a CIA asset knowingly. However, that's not to say that the CIA and NSA don't have his every move and communications pegged for anything he could unknowingly bring to light.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Rodman allegedly 'snapped' in a recent interview about his recent NK visit...

popwatch.ew.com...

That’s the problem Dennis Rodman once again ran into this morning while discussing his relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on CNN’s New Day. Alongside fellow former NBA player Charles D. Smith, Rodman and his team attempted to explain that no one should read into their controversial decision to travel to North Korea to play basketball for the dictator, saying it was “a great idea for the world.”

The interview went downhill from there. Rodman repeatedly referred to Kim Jong Un as his “friend,” but stated there was no political purpose behind his visits. (Idea: What if Rodman is secretly a spy? No one would suspect!)

When host Chris Cuomo repeatedly asked Rodman if he knew anything about Kenneth Bae, the U.S. citizen who has been held in North Korea without any announced charges for more than a year, Rodman snapped.

“Kenneth Bae did one thing,” Rodman angrily said. “If you understand what Kenneth Bae did. Do you understand what he did in this country? No, no, no, you tell me, you tell me. Why is he held captive here in this country, why? ….I don’t give a rat’s a– what the hell you think. I’m saying to you, look at these guys here, look at them … they dared to do one thing, they came here.”

Rodman did not clarify what exactly he believes Bea may have done.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I considered that the CIA or one of the agencies could be behind it, my reasoning was, who
better to be beheaded on live Korean TV to really get the anger flowing in USA.
A former sports star, who is well known everywhere. I know there would be ''better'' choices
but if you were to use him as an asset and it all went wrong they (CIA) could claim they had no part and that Rodman is a loony making it all up. That type of thing, works both ways.

All that said a lot of people seem to think Kim Jong Un is weird for liking Basketball.
He was brought up in Europe and he's the right age for watching Basketball when Rodman was playing.

new topics

top topics

join