It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President briefed on ‘attack’ on Benghazi, not protest or video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
According to a release of information by the House Armed Services Committee, it seems Obama and company were in fact informed that the Benghazi attack was just that. An attack by terrorists !!

This seems to place the wild contentions by the White House and all involved that it was a movie not an attack into question.

Could they have lied to us?

This is all from Congressional testimonies and is official, not so much speculation anymore.

Liars Liars Pants all on Fire I think.

The whole Obama Administration is now in question bigger than ever.

They must have collectively panicked and thought Obama would lose the election a month later !!

Minutes after the American consulate in Benghazi came under assault on Sept. 11, 2012, the nation's top civilian and uniformed defense officials -- headed for a previously scheduled Oval Office session with President Obama -- were informed that the event was a "terrorist attack," declassified documents show. The new evidence raises the question of why the top military men, one of whom was a member of the president's Cabinet, allowed him and other senior Obama administration officials to press a false narrative of the Benghazi attacks for two weeks afterward.

Gen. Carter Ham, who at the time was head of AFRICOM, the Defense Department combatant command with jurisdiction over Libya, told the House in classified testimony last year that it was him who broke the news about the unfolding situation in Benghazi to then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The tense briefing -- in which it was already known that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens had been targeted and had gone missing -- occurred just before the two senior officials departed the Pentagon for their session with the commander in chief.

According to declassified testimony obtained by Fox News, Ham -- who was working out of his Pentagon office on the afternoon of Sept. 11 -- said he learned about the assault on the consulate compound within 15 minutes of its commencement, at 9:42 p.m. Libya time, through a call he received from the AFRICOM Command Center.

The Benghazi Transcripts: Top Defense officials briefed Obama on ‘attack,’ not video or protest

Declassified Transcripts of Benghazi Briefings Released

The light bulbs are glowing

The dogs are Barking

The Birds are Singing

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I no longer have confidence in this man nor his administration
It has nothing to do with him being a Democrat or his skin color

As a man, he is NOT a leader
He talks out the side of his mouth
And basically is full of sh@t!!

He'll find some way to spin this and blame it on GOP/ Bush
That's all he is good at, blaming everyone else but himself

So, as to this latest revelation, I am not surprised
All I can do is shake my head and wonder 'What next' ?

Disappointed American~
snarky

ETA: God I'll be glad when Obama and his Chicago minions are out of there
edit on 14-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Usually I'm not a fan of your partisan threads. However, since his first day in office Obama has been saying, "Well, gee I just didn't know."

But it's your job to know.

Heck, your predecessor told people what to tell him. This was a political 360 that someone drummed up in board meeting before they took office?

"Well guys. You see how the last administration was coercing and forcing everyone to give official word of whatever they wanted? We're gonna do one better. We're going to claim we know absolutely nothing! And then when it comes out simply point fingers."

"Genius!"

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm a big fan, keep up the excellent work!

All I can do is sit here and shake my head, questioning how anyone can still support this man. He has been nothing but a total embarrassment to the whole USA.

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yup, I think some of us have been saying:

Usually I'm not a fan of your partisan threads. However, since his first day in office Obama has been saying, "Well, gee I just didn't know."

The other POTUS was called the Decider, I believe. Not Obama, he's called the Blamer and we've pointed that out too!

I have to Agree, what's Really Sad, Obama is just a Follower, Not a Leader and it Shows.

edit on 14-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join